A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 316,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A bag for my Silhouette Cameo - Swoon Stella - Star Wars Stlyed!  (Read 1206 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , silhouette_cameo , star_wars  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BenaeQuee
Sewing Machine

View Profile WWW
« on: February 29, 2016 05:57:19 PM »

I'm getting more active at conventions and wanted to be able to offer my customers personalization on items during the show to pick up later on.  This means my Silhouette Cameo has to be able to come with, and be carried around safely (and in style!) with all it's accessories and supplies - that meant a LARGE bag, custom sized.  I love the Swoon patterns, and have made several already, so it was only natural that I wanted to stick with that line. They have the Stella pattern, which is a weekender bag style.  Lots of pockets, sturdy construction, and large.  Unfortunately, still not long enough for my needs.  The Cameo is about 22" long, Stella is only 18" long.  On the advice of a fellow crafter, I added to the folded edge of the pattern pieces by 3" (making each one 6" longer in total") and my bag was now the perfect size.  However, it was a LOT of fabric and stabalizers, and interfacing to cut and fuse.  I probably won't make this pattern again, as it took me 2 days to finish.  I had to walk away from it for an entire day in between.  It was still easy to follow the instructions, it was just a LOT of work.  The pattern was well written, well made, and turned out great.  It holds my cameo and it's parts perfectly, and is plenty sturdy and perfectly nerdy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my FB page for more things by me Cheesy
https://www.facebook.com/BenaeQueeCostumer
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016 07:31:53 PM »

Well, HOT DAMN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb & http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreatBigBeautifulDog

2013 Projects Completed: 61
'14: 42 (at least)
'15: 67
'16: 31
Padester
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016 05:00:44 AM »

That is completely AWESOME! I love Swoon patterns - have only made one so far, but it was great, and I love the look of many others - will be trying a new one soon!

Great job - I love the geekiness! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016 05:12:19 AM »

Great idea to bring your Silhouette along for customization. This bag looks like the perfect home for it! Wonderful sewing execution!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grufflepuff
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016 06:41:00 AM »

I *adore* this bag! It's amazing, and I don't even have a Cameo to carry around with me. I might need one of these just for carrying around in general (or for my luggage for weekend cons).

I'm going to add this (and your TARDIS bag) to my Pinterest, if you don't mind.

This is just amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for poly-clay earrings: one bacon, one fried egg. Also, a mishmash of red/orange/gold bracelets--beaded, braided, bangles, whatever! If you have the supplies, let's talk! (Please?) I'll swap all kinds of things in return!

http://www.pinterest.com/kaeorin
GiveMeNeedles
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016 06:31:31 PM »

Wowza! I'm definitely going to have to check out those patterns! Amazing!

How do you get anything done since I'm sure you're constantly getting stopped to ask about your bags! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BenaeQuee
Sewing Machine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016 08:04:29 PM »

I *adore* this bag! It's amazing, and I don't even have a Cameo to carry around with me. I might need one of these just for carrying around in general (or for my luggage for weekend cons).

I'm going to add this (and your TARDIS bag) to my Pinterest, if you don't mind.

This is just amazing.
By all means, yes!  Add away!  When I'm not carrying Vader (my Cameo) around, it will be my travel bag too.  All that work, it will play multiple rolls on my travels lol

Wowza! I'm definitely going to have to check out those patterns! Amazing!

How do you get anything done since I'm sure you're constantly getting stopped to ask about your bags! Wink
The funniest thing is, it's MEN that stop me the most!  They want to see it and can't believe it!  Then I usually get 2 different responses from them "Man, I wish I could get my significant other to carry a cool purse like that" or "Wow, how come men can't carry cool purses?!" I LOVE when they want to see it and how it's made!  That ends up in a business card in their hand lol

That is completely AWESOME! I love Swoon patterns - have only made one so far, but it was great, and I love the look of many others - will be trying a new one soon!

Great job - I love the geekiness! Smiley
Thanks!  Their patterns are so great, and so easy to follow.  I've done Harriet, Stella, Blanche, Maisie, Glenda, and Pearl so far.  Multiples of each pattern (except Stella).  Pearl is the  easiest so far, I've done 5 of those.  Maisie was a little bit of a challenge, but that was due to changing the pattern a bit and making my own trims.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my FB page for more things by me Cheesy
https://www.facebook.com/BenaeQueeCostumer
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pretty Planters
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...