Ok, so this is a play on Puppy Chow, which I absolutely LOVE. And my mom wouldn't let me make a batch of puppy chow, and I was having a mad craving for it, along with a mighty big sweet tooth. And what I came up with, was a popcorn version. Hence the name, no there's no poppy seeds or anything in it, so hopefully that title isn't too confusing. I'll have pics up later. I'm uploading some music on my computer and didn't want things to be too slow. So pics later. Anyways, onto the recipe!
Poppy ChowYou Need
1 bag of microwave popcorn
1/4 cup or so of butter
1/4 cup or so of Peanut Butter
1/4 cup or so of Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup or so of Powdered Sugar
Small microwave safe bowl (I used a glass custard cup)
1. Melt your butter for 25 seconds in the microwave.
2. Pop your popcorn according to the directions on the bag.
3. Pour the butter over the popcorn and shake.
4. Put some peanut butter in the same dish as the butter and melt for 45 seconds, at 10-15 second intervals, stirring after each interval, till it's all nice and melty and smooth.
5. Pour over popcorn and shake vigorously.
6. Melt the chocolate chips in the same dish, for about 60 seconds in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval. Once again, till it's all nice and melty and smooth.
7. Pour over popcorn and shake vigorously.
8. Pour some powdered sugar over the popcorn, and once again, shake vigerously.
Note: This might work better if you poured everything in a bowl or did it on a cookie tray. I was just experimenting and seeing what worked. I also just eyeballed all the measurements, I'm not entirely sure how much of anything I used. It wasn't a whole ton of stuff though. And you don't have to use microwave popcorn, if you prefer to use air popped or stove popped, go right ahead.
This definitely cured my sweet tooth! Tastes just as good as puppy chow!
All ready to eat!
Ingredients all laid out
Pouring the butter on the popcorn
Everything all ready to shake up
And there ya go!