A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Whimsies 7 Gallery  (Read 42369 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2010 08:07:20 AM »

All the packages are so wonderful!!! I am also really loving the creativity that has gone into the containers!  I can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazgirl1981

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2010 05:43:01 PM »

I received today and I can not thank mandamouse123 enough for the amazing package. I can not believe this was her first swap. So amazing. So without further ado pictures...
After I removed my note/poster this is what I saw

Mandamouse had everything neatly labeled

The "jar" was actually a fantastic pair of slippers.

another shot of the slippers... I love the colors in these...brown and blue is one of my favorite combinations.

Inside one slipper I found Gonzo and Henrietta...OMG so cute.

Now for some great general pics

And some of my favorite pieces...
The Chair

A beautiful vintage silk scarf

Vintage buttons... including these fantastic bird buttons

And some of my favorite whimsies a guitar pick she found, a mini mouse trap and sewing box, a little felt monkey (I think it's a monkey), a little bunny, crocheted/knitted flowers

And one more shot of Gonzo and Henrietta

I loved everything so much... there was also paint swatches, vintage rick rack and lace seam binding, more vintage buttons beads, pez (my fav), shells, bits of ribbon (also a fav), and so much more. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you mandamouse.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 05:44:26 PM by spazgirl1981 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2010 06:28:13 PM »

What a clever jar!  I adore that little chair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2010 07:03:46 PM »

That little chair is super cute!!  And the slippers  Shocked  LOVE them!  I could so use a nifty pair of socks or slippers to call my very own, something non-store bought and awesome Smiley

And....

Your item was delivered at 2:48 PM on March 1, 2010 in BLYTHEVILLE, AR 72315

Aiki received!!!  I hope she was able to get it and can post soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2010 07:12:20 PM »

Gonzo!  Gorgeous slippers!  AAAHHH!!!  Great package!

And, speaking of great packages, I have received!  The mailman came with the box just as I was locking the door and leaving to pick my son up from school.  I've been going nonstop every since.  I'll open my loot after kiddo's in bed!  Pics will be up either insanely late tonight or in the morning!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
mandamouse123
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2010 08:09:14 PM »

Thanks so much for the compliments!  If anyone is interested, I got the pattern here: http://www.purlbee.com/granny-square-slippers/  They're very simple to make!  Just twelve granny sqaures to make a set!  And the purlbee has awesome tutorials--it's where I taught myself to crochet.

Spazgirl, I'm so glad you enjoyed your package. Smiley I saw the slippers on your wist, and just knew it had to be your container!

I originally had made a crochet chicken out of neon green yarn.  It was really cool because the pattern was designed to fit over top of an easter egg (you know, like the one I sent you Cheesy) I figured I could bleach the neon green yarn and make it white.  Who knew acrylic yarn was bleach safe?  Certainly not me!  That's how you ended up with a Henrietta crocheted out of ribbon. Smiley

It was pretty funny because everyone on the thread was talking about exploding martha stewart glitter chickens, and I had a neon green chicken with seashells in an easter egg for a stomach.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<insert witty saying here>

Flickr
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2010 08:38:14 PM »

Thanks for the link - maybe i'll finally be able to learn to crochet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2010 08:53:55 PM »

what a great jar!
and so many things to look at, it truly is like a " where's Wally?"
loving the whimsy goodness
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
lylacfey
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2010 09:07:11 PM »

I recieved today!!!!! Smiley Everyone prepared to wist because Beeker's package is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Beeker your package touched me and made me cry. Thank you so much for the sweet and extremely thoughtful love you put into the package.

As you all know Aiki & I are hugely through when going over our swap packages so set down with a cold or hot drink because this is going to take awhile. Since Aiki looks like she's going to post after me your all going to be here awhile, lol.

I want to apologize yet again about the pictures. DH & I are saving up for a new camera because other others ones are too temperamental.

First here's the collage of all the whimsy goodness.

This is my whimsy "jar". It's a record purse!!!! Oh my gosh I about fainted when I saw it. I wanted a record purse so much. Two things I am always teased about are my huge extensive music collection and my collection of purses. I love this so much and I am going to start carrying it like right now. Smiley I love it.

DH & I spent about fifteen minutes piecing all those songs together, lol.

I have been going through a really emotional hard time lately. I cry at the drop of a bucket so when I started unwrapping my next whimsy I cried at each and every single one.

What made me a bawling mess?

My beautiful and will always be my most treasured set of Russian nesting dolls. Look at the details Beeker put into these. They are amazing.

Each is a character from Peter and the Wolf. Each has the special musical instrument on back. Beeker also included the score to Peter and the Wolf.

All of it made me cry. I study Opera and I am proud of my Russian/Nordic heritage. To receive something beautiful like this I will truly treasure all my life.

Each of the nesting dolls had whimsies inside. I did not take some of them out for pictures because they are beautiful and tiny.

Now on to my third favorite and jumping up and down whimsies. Look at all my keys. Not any ol' type of keys each are special. Look how pretty they are decorated? Thank you Beeker I truly love them.

Fourth whimsy and it's another jar. It's an owl wood gourd. Beeker has mad wood burning skills. I love it so much and I can't stop admiring it. I am scared to show it to my Mom she will steal it.

Beeker also sent in the whimsies key brads with little keyhole matching brads and they are so cute. My DH's camera is acting up so he couldn't get a good shot.

Then finally I saved the best for last. Wink It's the exploding chicken with chicken food and then after all said and done chicken poop lip gloss. I laughed so hard.

The one thing I wanted and hardly can find. I got feathers. Thank you so much! I desperately wanted these. I can now fairy craft.

You can't see to well but Beeker also filled pretty tiny bottles with seed beads and glitter. I love them so much and they are going in a special place, like on a pretty chain so I can wear them. Smiley There were on my Wists and I squealed when I saw them.

I love everything the beautiful gourmet teas, delicious journals and notecards. I absolutely adore the smiley face envelopes.

I am a huge paper crafter and Beeker sent me rubber stamps & cute die cuts.

I love all my beads and charms. They are all so beautiful. I can't stop admiring the charms.

I love all the fabric. Now, I am dying to make a small hand warmer. I just bought a jacket and it would match them perfectly.

Then there are the whimsies that made me laugh like the organizing box. If you all have been reading you know I am decluttering and organizing. I was thinking last night I needed another box and wondering where I could get one. Smiley

The sequins really made me laugh because of the night I sorted 10,000 sequins. I love these sequins because they are already sorted, ROFL!

There's my whimsy book.

Thank you again Beeker for being the bestest swap partner. Now, I have serious swap anxiety. If it's not up to par you don't be afraid to tell me and I will overspoil.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 09:12:18 PM by lylacfey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2010 11:08:26 PM »

Well, I have sorted (took about an hour!) all my of WONDERFULNESS from Sapphire!!!  And, I took LOTS of pictures!!!

But, craftster has NOT been cooperating.  I can barely get on, and I can't stay on when changing screens a lot.  So much for uploading and before going to bed!  *sigh*

I will say, though, that TheSapphireMoon is an AMAZING JoW partner!  Above and beyond, you sassy goddess!  Grin

I've been notifying everyone lately that I waaaaaaaaaay have to cut back on swapping because postage money is killing me.  I just can't afford to swap a lot.  I told myself to stick to practical swaps like the frugal living swap and OTT's and personal swaps.  But, I can't imagine ever skipping a JoW swap! Wink  I think this will have to be my silly indulgence every few months. Wink

Sapphire:  I GASPED when I found the Celtic ring.  I immediately put it on and have not taken it off since.  *tears up*  It is PERFECT ----- so perfect.  The whole package was wonderful, and the bag and the crafted trio make me shriek and squeal, but this ring --- this ring touched my heart.  I'm wearing it on my right hand pointer finger.  Thank you so much.

I will show y'all the awesomeness tomorrow, hopefully, if craftster's new servers *ttthhhhwpp!!!  Bite me, BikerBoy* will cooperate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
KD101: DIY Toaster Pastry Recipe
Restaurants That Still Make You Wear a Jacket
How to Make Eggs Benedict
Mikey Likes It!
How to Make Beef Stew
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...