A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project stitch-along 2010  (Read 26067 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« on: January 19, 2010 07:31:49 PM »

Let's keep at those large-scale and/or long-term projects!

The 2009 thread can be found here.

Finished projects we saw in '09 include
- panul's Christmas scene
- MissKerouac's Elizabeth
- sophieangele's Adam Lambert
- littlebiskit's Christmas stocking
- coincollect408's Spock and Kirk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010 07:34:07 PM »

Hurray!  I'm glad to see this board up!  I will be starting (soon, after I finish 2 swaps) another big-for-me stitching project.  It's a picture of a whale and her calf.  I'll post pics as soon as I can!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
leannerd
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010 09:18:48 PM »

I'm currently working on a giant Ocarina of Time project.  I'm working on 22 ct. Aida and the finished product will measure (approximately--I don't remember the exact measurements) about 10 in X 12 in. Cheesy

Here's what the finished product will look like:

Here's what I have done:

He will love it and the look on his face when he finally realizes what it is (it's too big of a project for me to keep secret for long) will be so worth it, but good Lord I am already tired of background stitching!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have."

-Theodore Roosevelt
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010 02:44:07 AM »

Wow what a project Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010 04:12:51 AM »

Oh man!  I can't wait to see that Ocarina of Time Project!!  That looks amazing!  Since the last thread I've finished Super Macho Man...

...and I'm currently working on Soda Popinski.  After I finish him I'll have only four more characters to go!  I hope so cause I'm kinda sick of looking at Punch Out characters.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010 09:36:32 AM »

I started this project last August -- but had to take a 2 month break after my cortisone shot in my thumb.
I'm back at it and I hope to complete this in March sometime.
It is stitching on 14 count - Baby Blue Aida and about 160 x 160 stitches
Bleach - Hitsugaya Toushirou

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010 09:38:17 AM by HistoricalNeedle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010 12:07:08 PM »

Woah!!  Amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
leannerd
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010 12:11:08 PM »

Historical: ack! I love Toushirou! He looks so good. I would love to do a set of the Bleach Captains/Lieutenants portraits sometime, but it will be a long time coming. I have so many big projects lined up...

Sewsew, I remember seeing your Punch Out project on Spritestitch. My boyfriend would love it; he's a huge PO fan.

Yay for nerdy crafters! I'm so happy I've finally found my niche. Cheesy I will hopefully have another progress pic up after this weekend with a bunch more done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have."

-Theodore Roosevelt
coincollect408
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010 12:41:01 PM »

@leannerd : That looks so cool! I'm so excited to see this finished; Link is one of my favorite video games characters. Cheesy
@Sewsew-a-Gogo : This is looking amazing! I'm so glad you stuck with it, its going to look phenominal when you're finished.
@HistoricalNeedle : I've been watching you on DeviantArt and I must say your cross stitch still looks amazing Cheesy Almost finished.
I just started a project that's 250x100 stitches (not including a border I might do), and although its fairly smaller than the last project I finished, is it big enough to post pictures in this thread?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There ain't no rest for the wicked
armaine
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010 08:32:41 AM »

I'm in the process of doing my biggest project yet- hopefully it's big enough to qualify as a 'big project'. Grin
It's a panel from my favorite Calvin and Hobbes strip, and is kind of morbid. I've realized how odd it sounds, when people ask, "Oh! You're cross-stitching? What's it gonna be?" And I reply, "Er, a dead bird."

But anyway. It's 122x237 on 18-count Aida. I don't have a current picture, but I do have one from January 06, as well as an image that gives you an idea of how far along I am.

[January 6]

[Today]

The blue portion of the picture is the stuff I've gotten done since the 6th. I'm about half-way there, so it should take me about another month to finish. Maybe longer, since I'm in school now, and have less time to work on it.

Anyway, it's nice to have a place to show my progress, since otherwise, I feel like I'm getting nowhere with this thing, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Loose Waves
Sebastian Scolarici on Long Waves
Professional-Looking Blowout Tips
Pintura and Curly Styling
A Curly Hairstyle for an Evening Look
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...