A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,241
Currently Running With Scissors:
831 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project stitch-along 2010  (Read 28996 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whateverjames
Dark Lord of the Stitch

Real Men Carry A Craft Bag!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2010 11:05:48 AM »

Avi - both sound great. I lean more towards Isla Nublar too!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are two things you should never be mad at: Those you can change and those you can not - Plato.

http://hanstitchedfirst.wordpress.com/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/whateverjames
leannerd
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2010 02:13:14 PM »

I'm loving everyone's updates. I had to take a surprise trip to Louisiana (14 hr car ride) this past weekend, so I got a bunch of my grandma's hummingbird done. I hope to finish within the first week of summer break. I would be done already, but I'm so swamped with school, it's kind of ridiculous. Once I'm done with that, I need to get started on my aunt and uncle's wedding present. I think instead of filling in the whole thing with stitching, I'm going to try outlining in a backstitch and painting the fabric with watercolors. I'm kind of worried about it spreading beyond where I want it, though. Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have."

-Theodore Roosevelt
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2010 01:14:15 AM »

Two nights in a row!  I finally resumed stitching on my gigantic project.   It's only been since, the week before Christmas...  Wink  It's good to be back at it, and not just gazing at it from across the room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2010 07:20:18 AM »

Well, I finally made some progress on my project and finished Soda Popinski.  I had to set it aside for a few months because of some killer migraines that made it almost impossible to work on anything that required any amount of close attention.  Cheesy  I now only have four more characters to finish and then the whole project will be done! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2010 10:37:40 AM »

Well I'm finally back to doing this again!!
I was having a problem with my thumb a couple months ago and then I got into making smaller projects.
I got tired of those so I started stitching my Anime Girl.

Here is the next page completed. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leannerd
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2010 04:28:17 PM »

Whew! Definitely been absent for a while. I have forgone the OoT stitching because my boyfriend and I are 100% broken up now. I just started a semi-big piece today for my aunt's wedding present. She and her fiance live on a ranch and have two horses and love anything to do with horses or cowboys (their wedding is cowboy themed) so I decided to try my hand at embroidery (this is my first embroidery project) and crayon tinting and I'm really liking how it's turning out! And, at the rate I'm going, I'll actually have it done early!

Sorry for the awful picture quality...I have yet to find a place in my home where I can take decent project pictures. The lettering is all chain stitch and there's a french knot (my first ever!) above the "i" and I'm really happy with how it's turning out. I plan on backstitching the outline of the horses and satin stitching the mouth, nostrils, eyes, and ears and putting it in a really rough, rustic wooden frame.

I know this isn't really a big project, per se, but it's definitely the biggest only embroidery project I've done and I'm proud of it. Let me know what you all think!

Oh, yeah, here's the picture I'm working from. I printed it out, drew over the lines that I wanted to trace in sharpie, then taped it to my fabric and traced it with a pencil. I did the lettering in word.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have."

-Theodore Roosevelt
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2010 06:04:36 AM »

Well I was able to stitch this part really fast!!
I think its because it had lots of white in it. The only part that really slowed me down a bit was the hair.
There are purple, pink and grey shades all mixed in together. 

Leannerd -- good luck on your project!! I have no patience with embroidery! I wish I could -- but requires a hoop and I'm unable to use one because it puts too much stress on my hand. At least with my cross stitch I can use both. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oceansoul

*Can I Play With Madness*

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2010 10:43:49 AM »

Wow!! That's looking great HistoricalNeedle!!

My big cross stitch projects are still on hold due to epic amounts of Tudor costume making!  Hopefully I'll get around to making a proper start on them soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stuck in a 16th century time warp...

Blog - http://embroideryemporium.blogspot.com/
emfrsewr
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2010 04:48:57 PM »

Here's my (nearly finished!) big cross stitch project.  It's not all that big technically, but it's on 18 count aida, so my strained eyes tell me otherwise.  If you don't know, it's based on Robert Indiana's LOVE statue.  I was looking for something with solid colors and easy lines, but I think I didn't realize quite how long filling in each area would take....

Inspiration:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2010 01:52:58 PM »

Nice job on the LOVE symbol!!
Block colours seem to go slowly.....At least no counting and recounting is required now!!
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Texture
How to Add Photos to a Frame
How to Personalize the Urban Grunge Template
How to Add a different background
How to Change the Color of a Digital Backdrop
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...