A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 305,028
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap Gallery  (Read 53539 times)
Tags for this thread: frugality , frugal , saving_money , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stringofpearls
« Reply #420 on: February 18, 2010 12:49:36 AM »

Batik + Turtles = Awesomeness!!!!! 
Agreed!

I found my AWESOME package from Tero! This really is amazing. Ready?

Ok, here it is.

The first thing is a cigar box which is covered with amazing stamps from around the world. I move a lot, so I love to have something to show off my inner gypsy.

The inside is full of everything I could need to keep in touch with everyone...papers, pens, wax, an amazing musical seal, the recipe for envelope glue...EVERYTHING. Can you tell I'm excited?

I also received a lot of tea and some fabric to make a holder for them. I love sewing projects Grin

I read a lot so this bag is perfect to hold my heavy books and supplies as I go.

I have a container of orange coconut body scrub,

milk bubble bath,

homemade laundry soap,

and chi pancake and bread mixes.

As if that wasn't amazing enough, Tero also sent me a beautiful bookmark to take with me on my travels.

I also got a scrumptious jar of orange tahini butter.

Isn't this the most amazing swap package?

Thank you so much Tero! I LOVE my package! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: February 18, 2010 04:53:50 AM »

Batik + Turtles = Awesomeness!!!!!  Cheesy

Agreed, again. Wink

Turtles are like my 'totem' animal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2010 05:07:44 AM »

Hi ladies, everything looks so fantastic!

I would like to remind everyone to please PM me when you receive.  There are a lot of people in this swap and while I've been trying to keep up, it's also easy to miss someone if you just post (especially if I'm sneaking on at work to just look at the goodies!).

Please also check the first page of this thread to make sure your name is colored appropriately.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #423 on: February 18, 2010 08:07:58 AM »

OH I am so happy you liked everything. Let me know when you use the mixes and if you like them. I made double batches of everything and used them here too. We all loved them.
My husband thought the body scrub was too scratchy L0L I loved it. However it is made with all natural bath salts so if you have delicate skin you can always just add a tablespoon or two to your bath. Smiley
The envelopes that are in you letter travel kit are templates for you to be able to make more of your own. I did make some extras to get you started. But that is why they are not glued in any way. Smiley I love making my own evelopes.
I love everything in my package as well !! Will post pictures here soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

« Reply #424 on: February 18, 2010 08:57:07 AM »

I would love to try some of that orange tahini butter! sounds like heaven!! my tummy is growling!
That is a great great package indeed!

ETA: I wanna make my own envelopes too! me and paper don't get along well:(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010 08:59:05 AM by Mizell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #425 on: February 18, 2010 09:06:53 AM »

ON a side note..Orange Tahini butter...OMG...so very good. You all must try it. I made this up and will share the love because it is too good not to.

Equal parts of Tahini and spun honey. The spun honey really does make it like silk. I use regular honey if I cant find the spun but the spun really does raise the level a notch or two.
If you aren't a sweet person you can crank down the honey and do like 2 to 1.
Then two caps full of orange blossom water. I get mine from King Aurthur flour. Those of you that live in cool place can probably find it in speciality shops. It last forever so it is not as pricey as you might think at first. A little bit goes a long way.
I also add in a shake or two of cinnamon. YUM

Then you can use the butter for bread, pancakes, waffles, dip for fruit like apples and pears. The uses are endless, it is so good you will come up with all kinds of ways to use it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010 09:29:22 AM by Tero - Reason: I have a 5th grade education :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

« Reply #426 on: February 18, 2010 09:15:33 AM »

oh thanks for sharing how to make it, Tero!! I'll be visiting the specialty food store today!! I just can't add cinnamon as i am super allergic Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #427 on: February 18, 2010 09:49:23 AM »

Ladies....I give you the awesome package I just received from String of Pearls. I need to mention before you take all of this spoilage in that she HAND SEWED all that you see. Her stitches are beautiful. I love hand sewing, you can really feel the magic that transfers into a project that someone has hand sewn. I can not thank you enough, truly I will honor and cherish the hand work that you put into all of my gifts.

First up we have a lovely lap board, for reading, writing, and drawing. This will be fought over in my home as hubby has already taken it. Smiley

it folds up as well for neat storage when not in use Smiley

Next a really beautiful reversible grocery bag, well made and soft. Again remember she did this by hand. It is really strong as I have already used it for grocery shopping. Smiley

The flash washed out the color too much, it is a really beautiful deep plum color.

Next up to go with the pretty shopping bag is FOUR produce bags, again hand sewn. Smiley

Then three little reusable sandwich bags. I am seeing a matching picnic set here as well as a shopping set. Smiley I love these, they are made from really soft t shirt material and have the cutest yellow buttons on each of them. Yes that is a hair tie she used for a clasp. Smiley I would have never thought of that. Smiley Again....sewn by hand ladies...OH and they are lined so we are talking MUCH hand sewing. Feeling a little like I need to send a second package here.. Undecided

This is so sweet, she sent NINE little note books, made by her. One each for each of our kitties, (yeah we are those people, didnt mean to be, total accident, but yeah here we are) She even included one for our best kitty that passed away. Cry She has written their names in a different language as well and it is ubber cool. However I am not bright enough to know what that language is. LOL So I get to learn something as well. Smiley

There is more...I know...WOW

A BEAUTIFUL necklace, I can not imagine how long this took to make. It is so so pretty, fits beautifully and in my favorite colors. Thank you so much.

Then she made a really pretty bowl, It made it Smiley Sounded iffy as I was opening the box but only a few beads came off and it really added to the look I think. This beauty is in our kitchen on the bar holding fruit. The sunlight catches it and it really is striking.

Pretty sun catchers, really nice. One might end up as a pendant. Smiley

Last but not least is a warmer that has cinnamon in it !!! Oh it smells so so good when you heat it up. Made out of super soft fleece and I LOVE the colors and pattern.

Stringofpearls thank you so so much, for all of your thought and hard work that you put into this package. I hope you are feeling like what you got back was worth it. I am just so touched by your hand sewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: February 18, 2010 02:35:39 PM »

Great packages. Some great ideas for makes for the home ;0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini 12 Days of Christmas Swap 2014 - Crafting
Vintage Halloween Swap - sent
Samhain swap - sent

http://craftywelshwoman.blogspot.co.uk/p/info-for-swap-partners.html
http://pinterest.com/lynda_dykstra/
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: February 18, 2010 03:00:41 PM »

Hi ladies!

I've posted another batch of feedback.  Again, let me know if there are issues/problems/concerns.  

And this segues right into my request of you.  I need you all to give ME feedback.  It's a very quick survey - 6 questions - but I would love it if you'd take it on how the swap went (is going for those who haven't received yet!) and my organizing abilities.  It's completely anonymous, so feel free to be honest!  

Smiley

Click here to take the Frugal Living Swap survey!

(As a side note, this survey is not affiliated at all with Craftster or anything - it's just me wanting to make Round 2 even better!)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010 03:06:42 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
8 Top Back-to-School Fashion Looks
Dress Your Baby Like Prince George
Fashion Fit for a Royal Baby
Children Play in Style at Kids Fashion Week
Christina Applegate and FabKids Fashion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...