A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap Gallery  (Read 50351 times)
Tags for this thread: frugality , frugal , saving_money , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: February 13, 2010 06:32:36 PM »

I have the tribal costume pattern from Folkwear, but haven't dared start it yet.

Go for it. Gooo foor iiiiiitttt!

If you are too nervous to cut your good material, go buy some $3 a yard filmy stuff in the red tag section of J-A and use that instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psychonmemphis
« Reply #371 on: February 13, 2010 07:20:56 PM »

i received! i love my package but am way to tired to post pictures, only 4 hours of sleep and a funeral today so yeah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz
THIS ROCKS   Logged

13 Days of Halloween: co-organizing
Coraline swap rd 4: organizing
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/psychonmemphis
I would really like to swap for a quilt for christmas, i will swap anything from supplies,crafts to my etsy shop items! please pm me asap!
Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #372 on: February 13, 2010 08:24:11 PM »

no sleep+a funeral = a rotten day Undecided Get some rest! Can't wait to see your goodies..it seems like every package gets better and better.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #373 on: February 13, 2010 09:24:02 PM »

and: a crocheted bone teether
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/145651_13Feb10_frugal2.jpg
already being put to good use Smiley

OMG!! I was really really hoping to see an action shot of it Cheesy I just had this idea in my head that watching a baby gnaw on a fake Flintstones-esque bone would just be funny as. And I think it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

« Reply #374 on: February 13, 2010 09:26:48 PM »

and: a crocheted bone teether
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/145651_13Feb10_frugal2.jpg
already being put to good use Smiley

OMG!! I was really really hoping to see an action shot of it Cheesy I just had this idea in my head that watching a baby gnaw on a fake Flintstones-esque bone would just be funny as. And I think it is.
that's the cutest ever!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #375 on: February 13, 2010 11:30:27 PM »

Okay - here we go. Mobile phone pics, sorry - my camera is in the possession of a Belgian, and currently sited somewhere between here and Canberra.

Scrubbies & a washcloth! I love using these things, and I am soooooooooo lazy about making them for myself.

Oooh - how spoilt am I? A dozen reusable paper towels, snapped together, made out of awesome flannel. I squeed a little upon spying these. They're gonna get so much use!

This is a sandwich wrap, and a lunch bag. The lunch bag is especially inspired - I can put any size container into it, and the pull up the drawstrings to carry it.

See? Awesome!!

Taniquel is a fantastic partner, and I have been well-spoilt - thank you so much!!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010 11:31:04 PM by Kitten Wrangler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Craftrica

I love being out in the wild!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2010 12:03:47 AM »

Here are the pics of the stunning package I got from our talented swap organiser. Everything is so beautifully crafted! And she got my taste down to a tee! The colours and fabrics are all just perfect for me!

Here is the gift bag , the shopping bag and the wash cloth. Look at the beautiful fabrics, including the linings!

These are the fabric napkins, with the knitted wire napkin rings (that sounds incredibly difficult!), a pretty embroidered and beaded jug cover and the cute card that came with everything.

Close ups of the label inside the shopping bag aqnd the back of the card. How cute are they?!
Thank you so much Kaz!! And thank you for organizing a terrific swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do not go where the path might lead - go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: February 14, 2010 04:27:49 AM »

Kitten Wrangler - I love the scrubbies and that lunch bag is awesome!

Craftrica - yaaaaaaay, I'm so glad it arrived and that you like everything!  Smiley The tree bag should be able to carry a lot - I double seamed it on both the lining and the outer fabric, so it should be pretty sturdy!)  And the knitting with wire was easier than I thought - trick is getting a flexible wire!

Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010 04:33:14 AM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2010 05:05:16 AM »

I received from lydiaharper just a few minutes ago.  I will post pictures later tonight or in the morning.  Right now, it's all dim, gloomy, and rainy with sleet expected later.  I want to take good pictures in good light.

Lydia's swap box of treats for me is so dear, so precious, so well thought out and well crafted --- I am deeply touched by her kindness and generosity.  It is a PERFECTLY me box.  There's no way she could've made it better.  (OK, yeah, well, she didn't send me Tory Belleci, but, hey...) 

She sent seed tapes for when I plant my garden (perfect combination of practical and charming - great idea), reusable cloth/fleece pads (3) and pantyliners (3) (I had sooooooo been hoping to receive some of these) and an upcycled wool wetbag (how you managed to put a zipper into that fabric is beyond me!), 2 reusable bowl covers (which I was really, really hoping for) made out of adorable fabric, 2 rice socks (I actually let out a moan of pleasure when I pulled these from the box.  They are being used this afternoon as I have a migraine.  They are the perfect size to lay on my eyes, cheeks, or forehead.), a BIG bag of LOTS of denim scraps (something I hoard like a squirrel hoards acorns), 3 cooling racks for bread and cookies which are directly from my wist (she was able to find them at her local Goodwill!  Yeah, thrift shops!), and 2 reusable snack bags to carry in my purse which is something I have been wanting to help me fight the fastfood tempation when I'm out running errands (trying to save money and lose weight).  See what I mean by great package?  These items are EXACTLY what I could've hoped for and then some because they are very useful things to me, crafted with great skill, and done with charming, thrifty supplies that make them cute while practical.  I have a substantial vocabulary and am, supposedly, a writer, but I cannot pick out adequate words to convey how precisely, exactly, genuinely perfect this box of items is specifically for me.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It was also perfectly timed as I am having a tearful, frustrated day from back pain that restricts my movement and a sinus/allergy triggered migraine.  (Aura, dizziness, the whole bit.)  Receiving today was perfect timing to bring me a smile in the midst of tears.

Brace yourselves for when I post pictures.  The wonderfulness of my goodies from lydiaharper will melt your hearts and fill your wists. 

Thank you, Lydia.  From the bottom of my heart.  This is more than a swap box of items.  This is a gift to my soul.  I'm struggling to find a new, healthier (both physically and emotionally) path to walk, and these items are tangible bits of encouragement.  Thank you, dear Lydia.  I so wish I could give you a big, snuggly bearhug.

Aiki!   You are so very welcome!  And thank you so much for the very kind words.  I am so glad my crafting could brighten your day.  This really makes me extremely happy....It is really a great thing to craft for someone so appreciative.

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: February 14, 2010 05:21:26 AM »

kittenwrangler that lunch bag is awesome!!  your partner is a genius!  i always switch which totebag i bring to work depending on the size of my tupperware.  something like this would totally save me the trouble.

also?  good pics for a cellphone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 11/29
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 5/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 9/21
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 1/29
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 2/21
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...