A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,905
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap Gallery  (Read 56342 times)
Tags for this thread: frugality , frugal , saving_money , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grenouille78
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2010 08:12:29 PM »

Babycakes, those napkins are gorgeous! All those items are great! You'll have to check back in and tell us how that seed strip works!

Mmm..Tacoma...I can smell it now. Wink  But seriously, it's not so bad anymore.  Nothing compared to what it was like when I was a kid.  My mom had a nice old house in Tacoma..I liked that house.
grenouille - ahhh the aroma! I actually know another craftster from T-Town. She's totally awesome, and so is her fam.

Yep, that's us. Actually can't smell it from my house, so that's nice. Tacoma's not a total armpit, but I would rather be in Seattle or Oly.
Well hey, dharma, sounds like some SouthSound craftiness might not be too farfetched! Maybe we should run with this! I'd love to have some crafty compatriots. And reading about all the fun OGD and imafundork get to have makes me jealous!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flower
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2010 08:20:52 PM »

Mmm..Tacoma...I can smell it now. Wink  But seriously, it's not so bad anymore.  Nothing compared to what it was like when I was a kid.  My mom had a nice old house in Tacoma..I liked that house.
grenouille - ahhh the aroma! I actually know another craftster from T-Town. She's totally awesome, and so is her fam.

Yep, that's us. Actually can't smell it from my house, so that's nice. Tacoma's not a total armpit, but I would rather be in Seattle or Oly.
Well hey, dharma, sounds like some SouthSound craftiness might not be too farfetched! Maybe we should run with this! I'd love to have some crafty compatriots. And reading about all the fun OGD and imafundork get to have makes me jealous!  Cheesy

I've never been to Washington.  Please tell me why Tacoma smells.   Thank you.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2010 08:28:18 PM »

I've never been to Washington.  Please tell me why Tacoma smells.   Thank you.  Smiley

Tacoma smells because it has a paper mill. There is also a paper mill in Camas (across the water from Portland, OR). Both of my grandparents used to work at it, and when my mom and aunts would complain about the stink they would get told "that's the smell of money!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2010 08:30:34 PM »

I've never been to Washington.  Please tell me why Tacoma smells.   Thank you.  Smiley

According to the underground tour I took of Seattle, it orginally was because the toilets they had in Seattle were putting everything out into the Puget Sound and it all ended up washing up in Tacoma.  But I think the real story is just an industrial thing.  Paper mills, I believe.  Ah, here we are: good old Wikipedia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Aroma#Commerce_and_Industry

Dharma beat me to it..but I always loved the underground story so I'm leavin this up. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
flower
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2010 08:32:08 PM »

Tacoma smells because it has a paper mill. There is also a paper mill in Camas (across the water from Portland, OR). Both of my grandparents used to work at it, and when my mom and aunts would complain about the stink they would get told "that's the smell of money!"
That's the smell of money...people say that around here, but they're talking about hog manure.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grenouille78
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2010 08:42:02 PM »

I think I'll take the paper mill over the hog manure! Yeah, Flower, it's affectionately known as "The Aroma of Tacoma." Our claim to fame. That and the Tacoma Dome. Exciting stuff.
Itchy -- is the underground tour worth taking? I've never been. I think my dad has; he grew up there. In Seattle, I mean. Not underground.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2010 09:26:57 PM »

I think it's worth it as long as you aren't claustrophobic.  There is a weird smell and it's very closed in but if that doesn't bother you, it is pretty cool. I haven't been in years, though..so it may have changed somewhat.  I'd love to take my husband and kids sometime when we're down visiting family.

I, oddly enough, enjoy the faint smell of cow manure.  My grandpa had a dairy farm in Auburn when I was a kid so the smell is quite nostalgic for me.  Now in your face cow manure smell...no thanks. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Lylanni
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2010 03:47:34 AM »

I'm glad you liked everything BabyCakes, and that everything got there in one piece Smiley  I was a little worried about the napkin rings getting bunched up in everything else hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2010 05:07:50 AM »

Wow, what an awesome package! Smiley

Everyone's packages look so great. 

I'm sending out mine to Craftrica today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edie22
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2010 12:00:34 PM »

I grew up in Washington state too -- but on the other side of the mountains in a tiny little town called Burbank which is just west of Walla Walla.  In Wallula, there's another paper plant.  To the very west was a dairy.  Plus, there's the Hanford Nuclear plant and Iowa Beef.  To say my town smelled horrifying on a hot summer day is putting it mildly! Smiley

As for the fishcloths, I used this pattern http://dishclothcorner.blogspot.com/2008/06/fish-washclothdishcloth.html

Very easy!

Edie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Skirt Steak
Tailgating Food 101
Collard Greens : How to Cook Southern, Soul Food Collard Greens
How to Make Homemade Dinner Yeast Rolls
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...