A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap Gallery  (Read 85648 times)
Tags for this thread: frugality , frugal , saving_money , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #470 on: February 19, 2010 01:50:51 PM »

Why yes, as a matter of fact he is!!!  Cheesy

I am certain he will trade his photo image being used in exchange for some admirers Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

« Reply #471 on: February 19, 2010 06:45:31 PM »

Hmmmm, your co-worker.... is he single?
*come on, folks, it's getting to the point where I could bend steel beams with my bare inner thighs GRRRR!!!*

haha If I weren't married..yeah. and the apron only adds to the cuteness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #472 on: February 19, 2010 06:50:52 PM »

He has such a cherubic smiling face!  Tell him I saw his pic and said, "Yum."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

« Reply #473 on: February 19, 2010 06:57:37 PM »

He has such a cherubic smiling face!  Tell him I saw his pic and said, "Yum."
as she licks her chops and starts to do her mating dance! I'm gonna send you one of those grow your own boyfriend..have you seen those? super funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
psychonmemphis
« Reply #474 on: February 19, 2010 07:01:50 PM »

ha ha i bought a friend one for valentines day, you can pick them up at walgreens for 75 cent right now Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

13 Days of Halloween: co-organizing
Coraline swap rd 4: organizing
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/psychonmemphis
I would really like to swap for a quilt for christmas, i will swap anything from supplies,crafts to my etsy shop items! please pm me asap!
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: February 19, 2010 07:25:46 PM »

And finally, my package from the  awesome amymisha.

First, the picture of everything together. Please take note of the pretty, sunshiny letter to the right.

Next, these cool little pot and people scrubbers. What is so funny about this, is that I have been saving up my onion bags to make some of these over the last few weeks. So did Amymisha. Smiley

Cool bottle cap magnets that I have had to wrestle away from the boys twice already.

A space saving baggie dryer. Do you remember the one I sent to her? Well, great minds and all. Wink

Look at all of the detail she put into this thing!

Is it too pretty to hang wet, soggy baggies on? So conflicted.

Two so cool, so squishy felted dryer balls. They look a little fuzzy because they have already been put to good use. They cut my drying time down my a good 20 minutes.
The odd thing? Once again, I had been looking into making a set or two of these for myself after this swap.

And my favorite, the thing that made my box smell like a wonderful co-op. Homemade, hand felted soaps. ZOMG!

Do you have any idea how much I lust for these things?

Tons. Cheesy

Anyway, I can honestly say this is the best swap I have ever been in. I don't think I could have been partnered with a more perfect person. She is truly awesome and I am looking forward to her moving down in my neck of the woods.

Thank you Amymisha!

Thank you Kaz!

And if you are still reading this far, let me tell you a little story about those pictures there.

We have really bad lighting here, so the only place to get anything decent is outside. Blue sheet down on the snow, me down on one knee to get the photos I went. Some photos just had to be taken at a closer range, so onto my belly I go. Now, I had not changed out of my old, baggy flannel sleep pants and old yellow coat tossed over it all.

As I lay down, I hear this lovely "riiip-rip-ripp!'. Of course, the new neighbors were standing not 15 feet away. I don't think they saw anything, they were too curious as to why I was laying on the snow. Wink

So off to Jo Ann fabric, bought 3 yards of periwinkle blue turtle flannel and hope to have them cut out by Sunday. And if you are curious as to what periwinkle turtles look like, check out this Craftster link.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010 07:29:55 PM by rottenlittleboys » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #476 on: February 19, 2010 08:18:11 PM »

Hmmmm, your co-worker.... is he single?

*come on, folks, it's getting to the point where I could bend steel beams with my bare inner thighs GRRRR!!!*

I was wondering about the cutie sitting behind him.

Maybe I'll stop in Texas on my *dream* Craftster road trip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #477 on: February 19, 2010 08:49:18 PM »

Lydia I had to read your avatar like ten times to figure out what the heck it meant..still didn't get it. My husband clued me in. Yep..I live under a rock Tongue

Oh, WOW!!  I love True Blood!  You should check it out.  Supernatural, supensful, and hilarious all at the same time.

The books are great too.

Lydia

I second that, only I like the books beter.

Lydia do you know where you got your avatar? I love it, I cracked up when I read it. I would love it on a bag or shirt.

Swap note I love the bag dryer! It's abstract enough you can let it hang out on your counter without guest being WTF?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #478 on: February 19, 2010 09:07:34 PM »

Yay!  I received from donniesgirl and she sent an amazing package.  It's all so spiffy.  It came packed with pages from a magazine as stuffing.  I'm still debating whether I want to take the time to flatten them out to use for paper beads or not.  But it's a very frugal way to do packing!

lol I had an old issue of Bazaar & yes I was being cheap frugal.  If you can use the pages, so much the better.  Smiley

First up is a great dish towel and trivet/potholder made with a great batiked-feel fabric with turtles!  These are the best colors ever.  The towel is what everything is sitting on in the above picture and it has that line of colored fabric across one end.

The sea turtle batik is leftover from the 50 States Quilt Swap I did I had Hawaii. 

And when I saw that sea turtles was one of your themes on a prior swap, I had to do something with the scraps.

Here are the great utensil rolls she made for my son and I.  The lizard one is going to be mine and the red is my sons.  Wonderful and just want I wanted.  My son loves his too.  Each has a napkin with it as well.

Oh good I was worried he might not like the batik lizards!  It was leftover from a circle patchwork skirt I did on another swap & I thought it was cool, but pretty bright.  Wink  I have an awesome quilt shop near me that has a ton of batiks and I have a bad addiction to bright colors.  The red was some by the pound marimekko scraps I had from my Crate & Barrel outlet.

Last but not least is this great candle.  I've made them with glass jars before, but never thought about using a wineglass.  I think I'm going to have to copy this idea.  It will give me a reason to indulge in shopping for them. Smiley

My MIL gave us a bunch of wine glasses & I already had a ton, so I made a bunch of candles, recycled from other candles I hadnt used.  Smiley

Glad you liked everything!  Id better go find my camera for Liralens great package!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010 09:48:05 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting cotton Hawaiian fabric scraps for a quilt if you wanted to send any my way!
http://www.pinterest.com/donniesgirrl
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #479 on: February 20, 2010 04:39:13 AM »

Why yes, as a matter of fact he is!!!  Cheesy

hhhmmmmmmmm, let him know he is very cute apron and all.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Kitty Floss Holders
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Cozies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...