A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap Gallery  (Read 51553 times)
Tags for this thread: frugality , frugal , saving_money , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: February 18, 2010 03:24:14 PM »

The survey idea is a brilliant one !! There have been several swaps that I have been in that could have really used that at the end. I think you did a great job by the way Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
EnginerdLisa
« Reply #431 on: February 18, 2010 03:32:29 PM »

Stringofpearls - I love the bowl you made, what is it made out of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: February 18, 2010 03:34:34 PM »

The survey idea is a brilliant one !! There have been several swaps that I have been in that could have really used that at the end. I think you did a great job by the way Smiley

Ha, thanks!  Wish I could take credit for the survey idea, though, but someone on the FoC board suggested it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avabrowneyes

Genius is like lightning--it comes and it goes.

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 18, 2010 03:41:14 PM »

Ha, thanks!  Wish I could take credit for the survey idea, though, but someone on the FoC board suggested it.  Smiley

It's a great suggestion. I was in a swap some time ago that really left me dissatisfied in ways I won't mention, but I was afraid to make waves Smiley You did a fantastic job in this, Kaz, just so you know and I applaud you for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: February 18, 2010 04:02:59 PM »

You did a great job.  Thanks for an awesome swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #435 on: February 18, 2010 04:08:37 PM »

Been offline for a few days.  Back now, and trying to get caught up!

Looking off y'all's lovelies:

BATIK TURTLES?!?!?  *thud*  *keels over from awesomeness*
donniesgirl -- EVERYTHING you made to send your partner is GORGEOUS.  You have impeccable taste in fabric!  I WANT those lotus flower cloth napkins!

Orange tahini butter?  *drooooool*

And, now, finally, I can upload pics of the wonderful, precious items lydiaharper graced me with.  Get those wist clicking fingers ready!

First of all, I want to state for the record that lydiaharper's sewing skills are top notch.  This lady makes top quality sewn items!  All sewing machines bow down before her!

An upcycled wool wet bag, 3 reusable pads, and 3 reusable pantyliners.  I was SOOOOO hoping to receive these!  

And, a BIG bag of denim scraps!  Yeah!!!  I am always eager for denim scraps!!!

3 cooling racks she got for me at her Goodwill, 2 reusable bowl covers in the very sweet fabric, and the BRILLIANT idea of seed tapes for when I plant my garden in several weeks!  She even made sure to just use flour and water paste to make the tapes because she knows I do organic gardening and wouldn't want any chemically type stuff with the seed! Smiley  And, 2 reusable snack bags for my purse.  These are another thing I was REALLY hoping for.  She used more of that pretty fabric.  I like that fabric so much!

Here's a closeup to show her lovely taste in fabric.  Makes me think of spring!

2 upcycled sock rice hot/cold bags in just the right sizes for facial pain from sinus problems and migraines.  The outer layer is a cover that comes off for washing!

Can y'all see now why I am sooooo blissfully happy with my box of treasures?  Thank you, Lydia.  Your box has been such a bright spot for me.  I smile every single time I use/see one of the items.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010 04:12:48 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
lady4feet
« Reply #436 on: February 18, 2010 05:14:37 PM »

Everyones packages are so awesome.

I love the stationary and the lap board.

Also this swap has inspired me to make a "frugal living" kit for my parents. I'm planning on printing out some of the suggestions/tips I've learned from this swap. I'm also going to make some "paper" towels, bowl covers, cleaning goodies, pantry organizer list, and some pet goodies. Everyone kept talking about Dave Ramsey so I bought his book on CD for them too. I'm going to print off some stuff from his website too. And possibly some other goodies, not sure what else yet.

On the Dave Ramsey note, wow I'm really glad I listed to it. I didn't really think he'd have anything really that would pertain to me cause we don't have a lot of debt (just the "normal debt" lol) but wow I'm all pumped and ready to start his baby steps. So a big thank you to everyone who suggested him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: February 18, 2010 05:25:39 PM »

I'm so amazed and inspired by everyone's packages. We all went "all out" for this swap didn't we. Can't wait for my package to hopefully arrive safely at it's destination. The suspense is driving me crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
pantsafari
« Reply #438 on: February 18, 2010 05:29:30 PM »

I'm so amazed and inspired by everyone's packages. We all went "all out" for this swap didn't we. Can't wait for my package to hopefully arrive safely at it's destination. The suspense is driving me crazy.

Im still waiting patiently for my package to arrive at my partners doorstep. it really should have gotten there by now, but who knows with all the crazy weather.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: February 18, 2010 05:32:22 PM »

Everyones packages are so awesome.

I love the stationary and the lap board.

Also this swap has inspired me to make a "frugal living" kit for my parents. I'm planning on printing out some of the suggestions/tips I've learned from this swap. I'm also going to make some "paper" towels, bowl covers, cleaning goodies, pantry organizer list, and some pet goodies. Everyone kept talking about Dave Ramsey so I bought his book on CD for them too. I'm going to print off some stuff from his website too. And possibly some other goodies, not sure what else yet.

On the Dave Ramsey note, wow I'm really glad I listed to it. I didn't really think he'd have anything really that would pertain to me cause we don't have a lot of debt (just the "normal debt" lol) but wow I'm all pumped and ready to start his baby steps. So a big thank you to everyone who suggested him.

Good plan!  And I had to Grin at the Dave Ramsey comment - my dad bought us his book for Christmas and I just glanced at it a few times after a day or two - I thought, well, we aren't in such a bad place so why do we need this?  But it has COMPLETELY changed our lives.  The cool thing is that it has the power to do that for people in almost any situation (obviously there are those who have figured all of that out before reading his stuff, and are living that way already).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Carpet Interview with Miss Universe
August 2014 Sneak Peek
Birchbox July 2014 Unboxing
Why You Have Bumps on Your Legs and Tricks to Getting Gorgeous Gams
Beauty Foods For Better Skin and Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...