A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,447
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap Gallery  (Read 52130 times)
Tags for this thread: frugality , frugal , saving_money , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

danger.kitty
« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2010 12:12:29 PM »

a peanut sling carrier from a thrift store (it's a small so it doesn't fit me yet, but I'm still losing pregnancy weight so I think it'll be in use lots by summer!),
I am jelous that someone found a peanut sling in the thrift store!  People here sell thei used ones for like $50.  I have different brand of sling and I love it...great to be hands free but still carrying bubs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
donniesgirl
« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2010 02:47:22 PM »

To the ladies that made the non-paper towels, what kind of fabric did you use?  I'd like to make some, but wasn't sure if I should use flannel or if I could use regular cotton...I have a huge stash of cotton, but didn't know how absorbable that would be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2010 02:48:56 PM »

I love the ones OGD made me! One side is flannel and the other side is something kinda scratchy? It's good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
grenouille78
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2010 02:57:08 PM »

WOW! Everyone is getting their packages all at once and there is some super cool stuff in there! Can't comment on each of them individually, but I did enjoy looking at all the pics!

I received a great package from flower yesterday! Let me tell you, she packed this thing to the gills!

First, five gigantic dryer balls! I've got a couple of them thumping away in the dryer right now! It worked out awesome that Thursday is my laundry day, so I didn't have to wait too long to test them out!

Then, a sweet little felted coin purse, which I love! I'm so glad she made this because just the other day I had to practically turn my purse upside down at the checkout to try and get to my change and thought to myself that I was going to have to make one.

In this pic, you can see the color of the coin purse a little bit better. Also, a stack of flannel baby wipes in cute monkey fabric, and one of two felted soap savers! They look like they were made from a sweater sleeve, which is so cool!

Then my 2 yr old dd artfully displayed the shrinky dink garden stakes that flower had received in another swap but wasn't able to use. The girls are really excited about "putting pictures in the ground."  Cheesy And I'm looking forward to knowing what the heck I planted in which row! lol

For a fun surprise, flower made up a whole bunch of really adorable little hair barrettes, which the girls wanted to wear right away. We use hair pretties on the 2 yr old all the time because for some crazy reason her hair grows straight over her face; we have to clip it back so that she can see!! lol Here she is modeling the barrettes that she chose to wear yesterday:

And fun for my baby boy (ok, so he isn't exactly aware of it, but fun for me Wink ): flower generously passed on some baby clothes that she didn't need and also handpainted a couple of onesies. There's a bunch of really cute little things that I'm looking forward to dressing him in!

And then, in the continuing saga of the cracked egg book, flower wrote a sweet little note to my dd and sent the book back to her. She has been carrying around that letter ever since we opened the package yesterday; you really made her day! Thank you!

We all had so much fun going through that box and I've just about put everything to use already! Thank you soooo much, flower! I feel like I got the better end of the deal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2010 02:58:51 PM »

Also, my partner recieved yesterday so I'm posting thumbnails of the photos I took before sending.  
all in one cloth pad sample and instructions with pattern piece - cloth pads were on her "want" list but I didn't have any suitable fabric in my stash
rice heating pack...long and skinny, perfect for behind the neck - from her "want" list in her favorite colours
a sleeping mask...so she can save on curtains?  steampunk inspired as per her likes, matches the heating pack
the first crocheted slippers I've ever made - came out well and matching to the heat pack and sleep mask Smiley - from her "want" list
a ball of tshirt yarn made from a purple marle tshirt that was thrift store bound - I thought she might crochet something from this as she said she is learning to crochet
a set of kitchen stuff - scrubbie, pot holder, and soap saver with handsoap
a sideways photo of the lunchbag I made from a sample of curtain fabric.  it's really gorgeous!  I'm going to have to make myself another (smaller one) with the bit of the same fabric I have left over - a reusable lunch bag was also on the "want" list
laminated tips on how to use baking soda and white vinegar around the house - natural cleaning products were on the "want" list; I also sent a box of baking soda with this

I hope you like everything SnazzyJazzy and post better pics if you have them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2010 03:21:37 PM »

To the ladies that made the non-paper towels, what kind of fabric did you use?  I'd like to make some, but wasn't sure if I should use flannel or if I could use regular cotton...I have a huge stash of cotton, but didn't know how absorbable that would be.

the ones I made for MareMare were flannel on one side and single layer diaper cloth on the other......I made some for myself when I did hers and I love them....the flannel is super soft and the diapercloth is pretty absorbant.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2010 03:23:41 PM »

Hey! Laylanni received my package to her the other day but cannot find her camera cord. I told her I would post for her! So this is the frugal package I made for her.

<br>This is her getting started frugal cleaning kit! It includes dishwasher cleaner in a saved M&M Mini tube, Bathroom scrub in a saved Gerber Puffs container, Sanitizing Wipes in a saved baby wipe container, and the all purpose cleaner. I made all the labels. It was a lot of fun.<br>
<br>Some brightly colored dishcloths made from left over cotton yarn. I love cotton yarn. One is a scrubbie dish cloth that I cut up a onion bag and crocheted into the dishcloth. <br><br><br> I saved it because it was PINK! I had never seen a pink onion bag before.<br><br> I threw in some flour sack towels. I had planned on either making napkins or "paper" towels out of them but I got sick. She looks like a better sewer than me anyway. <br> <br> And enormous crocheted market bag. Its bright and roomy.<br><br>and a bunch of seeds for her new garden this spring and a canning how to book for harvest season! I had some vinegar and baking soda for her too but the vinegar didn't fit in the box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2010 03:36:19 PM »

grenouille78-  what a fantastic package!  I love the soap savers and the garden stakes!  Your daughters are adorable, too!

danger.kitty - wow!  You certainly spoiled snazzyjazzy!  I love the slippers and the lunchbag!  Awesome idea about laminating the tips, too.

BabyCakes8510 - Oooh, I love the cleaning package!  Awesome idea about using the onion bag, too.  I'm going to save my next one and do this.  Lylanni was totally spoiled, too!

This has got to be one of the best swaps I've seen!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
grenouille78
« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2010 03:43:55 PM »

One is a scrubbie dish cloth that I cut up a onion bag and crocheted into the dishcloth. I saved it because it was PINK! I had never seen a pink onion bag before.

I've never seen a pink one, either! And now I know what I'm going to do with the clementine bag I saved (even though it's orange).

grenouille78-  what a fantastic package!  I love the soap savers and the garden stakes!  Your daughters are adorable, too!

This has got to be one of the best swaps I've seen!

Aw, thanks. Smiley They can be pretty cute when they want to be.
I agree, this has been an awesome swap all the way around: you know it's going to be good when the participants have so much fun even before partners are assigned! The participation, the enthusiasm, the end results, all wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2010 04:00:29 PM »

danger.kitty - wow!  You certainly spoiled snazzyjazzy!  I love the slippers and the lunchbag!  Awesome idea about laminating the tips, too.

Looking at some of the other packages, I hoped I was sending enough!  I just never know how to "rate" my items as far as small, med and large goes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Gift Wrap a CD
How to Gift Wrap Small Items
How to Wrap Gift Baskets
How to Wrap a Box Shaped Gift
How to Gift Wrap a Circular Object
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...