A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap Gallery  (Read 56150 times)
Tags for this thread: frugality , frugal , saving_money , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lylanni
« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2010 05:07:49 AM »

I've received an awesome package as well, but hubby has "misplaced" (ie has no clue where he put) the cord to the camera. Sad  Hoping to post pics asap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2010 05:38:54 AM »

Shelanie - what an awesome package!  I love the neck warmer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2010 06:16:33 AM »

The vintage linen dish cloths are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2010 07:44:47 AM »

hi all!

received my GREAT package from lady4feet last night, and since it's a snow day here in jersey, I can post pics!!

first, a picture of the whole loot!

first, some cute fuzzy dryer balls... I asked for these because I had heard about them and thought they were cool, but anyone have tips on how to use them?  Do I use all four at once?  Are they meant to completely replace dryer sheets or work alongside them?  Either way, super excited to receive them!!

Next, some cleaning cloths - two double sided for heavier cleanups and four one sided for easier jobs:

i love this penguin fabric!  so cute!

plaid...looks like good sturdy cleaning material! Wink

next a couple of cloth napkins - I really wanted to cut down on my paper use, so this was key for me!!!  one harry potter, and a set of four 'fancy' napkins - darn right they're fancy!  i love that fabric!  it will look great with my plates!

finally, an awesome napkin/utensil roll-up!  this is so great, because i use so much plastic throw away utensils at work (because that's all we have).  now i can bring my own utensils and take them home to wash!  yay!

all rolled up

in action

and a matching napkin!

oh and I almost forgot - she also sent along a gardening magazine, some leftover seeds from her garden, and instructions on composting in a small space!!!  thank you so much!  i really want to get further into gardening, and this will all help!!!

GREAT PACKAGE!!!! thanks so much lady4feet!!!  you rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
Cakie
« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2010 08:09:40 AM »

I received a wonderful package from Cakie today! She sent me some much needed cold packs for when I get migraines. I am so happy to have these on hand. She made a long one to go under my neck and two squares for the sides of my head. She also made me some reusable snack bags that were lined with some very cool wipe-able material. There were 2 kitchen towels made with some very cute vintage linen. I love the print! There were three bars of soap which I can't wait to break into. She is getting into soap making also and sent me some recipes to put together some soaps and skin treatments. I will be trying them out soon. Thanks again Cakie, you nailed my style and needs perfectly  Grin

Yea! I am so glad you like everything!  I was happy to be able to use that vintage floral fabric.  By the way, I chose machine-washable fabrics for the reusable bags, so they should be safe to throw in the washer.
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By grace I have been saved by grace through faith.

View my wist!
http://wists.com/Caitiscreative/
Shelanie
Moma D

Everything is better with ric-rac.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2010 08:30:41 AM »

Where did you get that vintage floral material? I remember my Mom having something like that in our kitchen when I was younger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

Personal swap friendly!
lady4feet
« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2010 11:20:08 AM »

first, some cute fuzzy dryer balls... I asked for these because I had heard about them and thought they were cool, but anyone have tips on how to use them?  Do I use all four at once?  Are they meant to completely replace dryer sheets or work alongside them?  Either way, super excited to receive them!!

GREAT PACKAGE!!!! thanks so much lady4feet!!!  you rock!

Yay I'm glad you like everything! For the dryer balls just toss them all in the dryer. From what I've heard they can replace dryer sheets but I'm not really 100% on that, either way they cut down your drying time a ton. Our dryer sucks and when I left yours in there to felt them it cut my drying time in half.

And I also received from bethiej! Everything was wrapped so beautifully. And now I realize that you can't see the cute tags that were on them, poo.

Here's a group shot. There is a wet bag, and extra fabric! It's super pretty I love it. A running low/pantry organizer list, hmm not really sure what to call it. Rice cooker recipe box and yummy recipes. Garden stakes and an altered tin.

Close ups!

Garden stakes and altered tin. The veggies are so cute, they have little faces on them.

Rice cooker box, I really want to try the recipe for lemon rice.

Wet bag. It's hanging on my kitchen organizer. I plan on putting cloth napkins in the top containers so this will be a perfect place for it.

And my pantry organizer! I love this. Bethiej wrote out all kinds of food goodies in permanent ink and I can just put a check by it when we're running low. I did a close up so you can see the text better, she has such pretty handwriting.

Thank you for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2010 11:31:00 AM »

So many great packages.  I can't believe you guys have such amazing fabrics in your stashes!  I am waiting for my package to arrive like an anxious kid at Christmas.

My partner should be getting her package today - I hope she likes it as much as everyone else has liked their packages.

ETA - just checked the tracking number and NZ Post says Delivery Complete!  Yay Smiley  SnazzyJazzy should be ripping into my package any time now.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010 12:24:35 PM by danger.kitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
lydiaharper
« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2010 11:33:05 AM »

These are super awesome packages!  ~~Swap Anxiety~~ setting in

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2010 11:37:37 AM »

I love that pantry organizer thing!  Is it made out of something that's wipeable?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Catdog Campers
How to Draw Dory and Nemo
How to Draw a Labrador Puppy
How to Create Motion Tweens in Flash CS4
How to Open XFL Files from InDesign in Flash CS4
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...