A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,176
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter swap R7 (w/ RPG twist), CLOSED!, SEND by 3/1  (Read 30378 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010 11:07:05 AM »

Hehe thank you!

Can't wait to get to see who Andraa will be shopping for!

meanwhile, my list of homemade HP candies for extras is growing. Beware, and please Troublet, don't match me with a diabetic! ahah

http://mamantattoo.blogspot.com/2009/10/waffles-wands.html Here's something I'll probably do. I'm sharing the recipe on my blog.
It's a variation of something I found here: http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/heather_bailey/2009/07/swish-and-flick.html and there's some other cool stuff HP related you could easily do Smiley

oohhh! What a great idea. Looks yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Angelicus
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010 11:29:46 AM »

This looks like fun...I'll have to think about whether I can commit.... but I think all the fun characters  are gonna lure me in.

Just a quickie for the people who are RP - are the descriptions based around you roughly (for example personalities, marital status - I'm guessing thats the most real bit) or are they completely made up. I'm not sure whether to make up a different appearance (yes please) and slightly different personality or what. So just asking others roughly what they did?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010 11:37:14 AM »

like I said, my character is mostly me. The only thing I've invented was the black cat and the magical background Wink

But you can do what you want! You can pretend you're married to Neville if you want !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010 12:15:17 PM »

Mine's slightly me and slightly made up Smiley 

I love reading everyone's bios!  What a great way to spark creativity!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010 12:22:38 PM »

But you can do what you want! You can pretend you're married to Neville if you want !

lol, I didn't even think of that! I adore Neville. I love the way his character develops throughout the series.

My character is me with a dash of fantasy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thebakersgirl
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010 01:38:23 PM »

I'm so excited for this! I wasn't going to do the RPG part but I decided to at the last second because I realized what I'd absolutely love to do if I lived in the HP world: own a magical crafting shop/boutique! With things like knitting needles that knit by themselves and yarn that's element-proof but still wonderfully soft, and self-healing fabric that stitches itself back together if you mess up! So now I'm excited, haha. I'm about to start filling out my character sheet now! Cheesy

EDIT: Here it is(:

Full Name: Aubrey Chann Lovell
Sex: Female
Linage (pureblood, half-blood, muggle born): half-blood
Nationality: English
Zodiac sign: Scorpio

Appearance (eyes, hair, height, body shape...): Aubrey is on the short side (5 foot 3). She's thin and boney, with big hips. Most of her height is in her legs. She has wavy brown hair that she tames with colorful clips and headbands. Her eyes are also brown. She has a grandfather who was a Metamorphmagus, so she can change the color of her hair whenever she concentrates (but that's the extent of the ability). She likes it bubble-gum pink or light blue.

Dressing style (traditional, muggle, alternative...): Alternative. Mostly muggle-style, since that's what she grew up with. Aubrey wears dresses in fun colors and loves vintage styles and patterns, especially floral things and lace. She also likes capes and cloaks and wears them in the winter over her muggle clothes.

Other (birthmark, tattoos, weird shape of the nose): She has a large magic tattoo of angel wings across her back. The feathers move gently as if in the wind.

Personality in 3-4 lines (the more you add, the more your partner will know what to send): Aubrey is very friendly and outgoing. She makes friends quickly and talks to everyone. She's competitive but fair and loves messing with her friends in a loving way. However, she also likes alone time to craft or read a book. Her mind is constantly going and she hates having nothing to do.

Likes: candy, dancing, music, anything cute/shiney/fluffy, any form of art, bicycles, yarn, puppies
Dislikes: mean dogs, mean people, getting unnecessarily wet, insects, snakes
Strong point in magic: Household spells, Shield charms, potions, Transfiguration
Weak points: Care of Magical Creatures was a disaster for Aubrey. She loves animals but gets nervous too easily for them to trust her.
Special skill: Patronus charms. She always focuses on the good things in life, meaning her happy memories are very close to the surface, making them easy to access for Patronus charms. (Hers is a lion.)

Favorite color: Pink and yellow
Least favorite color: lavender

Wand: 12.5" Reed, Ashwinder Ash core

Occupation: Technically, she's still a student (sixth year), but she already sells her crafts and craft supplies and is planning on opening a shop in Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley as soon as she graduates.

What school does/did s/he attend/ed? Hogwarts
If Hogwarts, what house? Ravenclaw
What was his/her favorite class? Transfiguration and Charms
What was his/her least favorite class? Care of Magical Creatures (she liked it but it didn't work out for her)

Matrimonial status? Unmarried but happily taken by a seventh year Gryffindor boy.
Does your character own pets (magical or not)? She has an owl named Amare ("love" in Latin) that her boyfriend gave her, and a dog named Adam that lives back at her home in London.
Does your character have any interest in Quidditch? She's been the Seeker for Ravenclaw since her fourth year.

Hobbies: Embroidery, cooking, crafting in general, painting, journaling, inventing new magical toys, photography

Things Your character would need/want:
~wristwarmers (her hands are always freezing but she hates full gloves)
~a camera bag (her favorite one is an odd shape/size)
~sweet things (candy, etc.)
~a magical doll version of herself to help out with the crafting when demand gets high!
~a plush version of a dragon or other awesome magical creature that she can't approach in real life

Things Your character wouldn't need/want:
She likes pretty much everything homemade, so just ask if you aren't sure! She'll politely decline if you suggest something she doesn't want.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010 12:52:06 PM by thebakersgirl - Reason: I realized that you can't be a muggleborn and descended from a Metamorphmagus! XD » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh sweet Jesus! A boob! She's making a BOOB!" -InkFaery
The Hunger Games Swap: crafting!
http://emilymayhem.blogspot.com
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010 04:40:30 PM »

Yay! I'm glad you entered the rpg part Smiley
Your character seems full of life Cheesy it's funny how every girls as played Quidditch at Hogwarts Wink
Too bad Andraa left school before meeting Aubrey at a Quidditch game Tongue

I bought something today and had a wonderful idea for it. But I'm not telling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010 05:00:17 PM »

Ugh, I would love to join this but first I have to finish my first swap and then I think I'll get in trouble (from me and my family) if I joined too many swaps... I do love the RPG side though, I hope to see another one soon! I can't wait to see what everyone makes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010 09:57:22 AM »

There's stuff not working in your sheet.... In the "wants" you say that she's still in Hogwarts but it the sheet she's 28??
You also say she's a Weasly, but in the Matrimonial status you only say Another Griffindor... I think you should develop more on that, since you assume she wears "weasly sweaters" which Weasley we know are you married to?

Also, you should tell why she went to Hogwarts instead of Salem Institute since she's American. I also don't understand why she's got an american eagle to honnor her muggle inherity when she's a Pure-Blood?

The last thing I find weird is that she's animagus, but you state her strong point is herbology and her favorite class was potion... She should have been good at Transfiguration, no? We'd also like to know what animal does she transforms into...

Hope I don't discourage you, this wasn't the point Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010 10:28:44 AM »

MissMoppet...WAFNF!

I would think that all of the professors of Care and Feeding of Magical Creatures would be badge wearing members of WAFNF!  Grin

I have not had sufficient time to read through everyone's RP characters but I'll get to it this afternoon after work. Oh the fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion at the 65th Primetime Emmys
How to Choose the Right Bra
Marios Schwab - London Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Designer Biography: Roland Mouret - Videofashion
Designer Biography: Chloé - Videofashion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...