A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter swap R7 (w/ RPG twist), CLOSED!, SEND by 3/1  (Read 29632 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

woobie
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010 06:29:33 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this swap!  Haven't done one in ages and I've got loads of ideas I'd like to try out..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010 08:15:39 PM »

Oh my G! I am so looking forward to this one! I have never been one for RPG but I am gonna give it a shot and work one up. I am still on my first swap, Disney Villians, I am shipping out my package tomorrow, which is actually early before the due date. I am hoping to have my feedback in time for this and one other swap. Wow this is going to be soooo cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010 09:09:17 PM »

Full Name: Circe Padraig
Sex: F
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Lineage (pureblood, half-blood, muggle born): Half blood (My mum's a proud, wonky Irish witch. My dad got spooked when he found out she was a witch. That's why I took my mum's last name.)
If not human, Race:
Nationality: Irish-Mexican
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius

Appearance: 5'3 with a curvaceous body. Long raven black hair streaked with silver and bangs. Hair is usually worn loose. Small slightly upturned nose. Thin and archy eyebrows, a spattering of freckles(ugh). Multiple piercings in her ears including a pair stretched to 3/4 inch. Other piercings include a septum, and monroe. Black, rectangular glasses. Never without a playful smirk and a mischievous (but good natured) glint in her eye.
Dressing style (traditional, muggle, alternative...): I dress in what the muggles call "Steam punk"
Other (birthmark, tattoos, weird shape of the nose): a number of tattoos with magical/spell significance and a few piercings. But, one can never have enough pointy hats and luxurious robes. But, since I'm mostly at home with the brood (very messy, indeed), experimenting with potions(sometimes things go "BOOM!"), or playing quidditch... I'm mostly in a comfortable pair of black leggings, slouchy "witch"hat, a band shirt, and robe.

Personality in 3-4 lines (the more you add, the more your partner will know what to send): She is a good natured, saucy witch. Always up for a good joke. Her family and friends are the core of her being( especially her three little ones). She stands for those she loves and expects them to stand for her in return. She will do anything for her loves one but is no doormat. Once crossed her trust is hard to regain. She makes an amazing friend but a formidable enemy. She relishes being a domestic goddess and a SAHM.

Likes: knitting, embroidery, cookery, experimenting with new potions, tending to her brood, getting tattoos, playing Quidditch as a beater for the Barstow Banshees and a good laugh with a good meal with a good bunch of people.
Dislikes: dark magic (they ruin it for the rest of us!), ignorance, people with no sense of humor, divination, and toads.
Strong point in magic: Potions and non verbal spells
Weak points: Divination
Special skill: Love potions, veritaserum and cookery
Favorite colour: black
Least favorite colour: Yellow

Wand: 10 inch, flexible, rosewood with a phoenix tail feather core.

Occupation: Currently SAHM going to school in hopes of becoming a potions mistress at Hogwarts.

What school does/did s/he attend/ed? Hogwarts
If Hogwarts, what house? Ravenclaw
What was his/her favorite class? Potions, Herbology
What was his/her least favorite class? Divination

Matrimonial status? Happily married to a muggle
Does your character have children? What age? Yes, three. A 5yr old boy, a 18 month old girl, and a 6 week old girl. The boy, Azriel has begun to show signs of magical ability. Yay!
Does your character own pets (magical or not)? A cat named Dickens and a owl named Smiggy.
Does your character have any interest in Quidditch? Yes, she plays beater for the Barstow Banshees.

Hobbies: Knitting, needle arts, and quidditch.

Things Your character would need/want:
- Magical charms,
- A bag to carry my potions books
- a house sweater/socks
- a roll to carry my knitting needles
- Barstow Banshee Quidditch Gear
- House banner
- edible delights
- arm warmers, wristlets to kepp my hands/wrists warm but my fingers free when I'm playing quidditch
- Tea cozy

Things Your character wouldn't need/want:
- Nothing cartoony
- Stuff based on the movies.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010 03:15:23 PM by Zombie_Queen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Foxy Sam
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010 09:22:46 PM »

I love Harry Potter Books and have been enchanted by their world ever since, I am still waiting for my invite to Hogwarts, I reckon it may just come late, quite a while later than 11 (o= 
I would love to do a Harry Potter swap but am a little nervous about the RPG aspect as I am woefully ignorant and don't know what RPG stands for or how you make one...is it written up characters illustrated by imagination or computer virtual reality based characters that you make somewhere?  Sorry if this is a silly question...just don't know...thought I'd ask before signing up so I know what I can do/need to do (o= to be most involved in every aspect of this swap...
Look forward to learning more (o=
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010 09:57:43 PM »

You're not even obligated to enter that part, but it you want to try it, here's what I did: Think about yourself in the HP world, and fill the character sheet Smiley How would you see yourself in the magical world? What job would you have? what class would have been your favorite??

RPG stands for Role playing game. We're creating a character, mostly our Magical alter-ego, and the partner we'll get will craft for the character, from their character.

Ex: My character, Andraa, knows Circe because they played Quidditch together at Hogwarts for some years (Circe is older then Andraa) somehow they bonded, probably due to their love for Potion making, and its teaching,  but now that Andraa went back to her hometown oversea they don't see as much. So Andraa decide to make her and "buy" her some goodies to send her for let's say... Her bday. She find for her a 1898 Barstow Banshee playing shirt autographed by Egelrwineth Milltonborg (a woman pioneer of Quidditch), a beginner kit for her older son, Self-knitting knitting needles in a nice roll, and some magical chocolate wand and auto-spelling sugar quill as an extra.

On her side, Circe sends a late Xmas gift to Andraa: some slytherin mittens and a scarf, since she complained she lost her old one, auto-cleaning diapers since she's gonna have a newborn, and a notebook full of her latest tries at potion making to share with Andraa (with some ingredient that are more rare in Qubec) and a batch of Bertie Bott's bean with some Bloody Pops and Jelly Slugs, yum!

I completely made that up since ZombieQueen post an hour ago Smiley
Hope this helps a bit!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010 10:00:02 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Foxy Sam
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010 12:21:24 AM »

oh...thank you Maman Tattoo, great explaination, now makes much more sense, thank you, I will have to think up some details and see if I can apply tomorrow, what a neat idea...thank you for your help, very kind (o=  Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010 02:12:06 AM »

Welcome Zombie_Queen to the swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010 02:27:19 AM »

Everyone who has joined the swap so far should now have it listed in their profile.

Please check to see that it is there! This is my first time organizing and I want to be sure that things are running correctly. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010 08:57:44 AM »

MamanTattoo- That was a splendid explanation! I think you'd be a super fun swap partner,too.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010 09:30:27 AM by Zombie_Queen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010 10:23:30 AM »

Hehe thank you!

Can't wait to get to see who Andraa will be shopping for!

meanwhile, my list of homemade HP candies for extras is growing. Beware, and please Troublet, don't match me with a diabetic! ahah

http://mamantattoo.blogspot.com/2009/10/waffles-wands.html Here's something I'll probably do. I'm sharing the recipe on my blog.
It's a variation of something I found here: http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/heather_bailey/2009/07/swish-and-flick.html and there's some other cool stuff HP related you could easily do Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Jeans Change Color When Body Temperature Changes
Kate Middleton Goes Bold in Leopard Print
Spring Fashion With The WanderLust Girls
#MyModamobStyle Feature Reader @Ari_Says
What to Wear to Color Yourself Beautiful!
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...