A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,480
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help with a Repo! themed birthday party?  (Read 1265 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss_Cold_Ember

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2010 02:54:27 AM »

Ok so.. turn 26 in march..and I've decided to have a Repo! The Genetic Opera themed party. The problem is I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for it  Undecided  So far there will be a graveyard cake, possibly a Jello heart, we will be watching the movie of course, there will be music and there will be lots and lots of zydrate blue alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks XD but other than that I am stumped as for what else to do for fun..I really can't think of anything beyond drinking games (yeah I seem to have lost my creativity somewhere)...but I don't want that to be all that we do as there will be some non-drinkers/underagers there too...So I thought I would post here and ask if any of you uber creative people would have any ideas for things to do (games etc) that fit into the whole Repo! theme? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Valentine: You're hurt. Wait here.
Helena: What about you?
Valentine: Oh, I'm a panther. I shall slip unnoticed through the darkness... like a dark, unnoticeable slippy thing.
eccoxile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010 11:48:43 AM »

That is an awesome theme! A couple of my friends -love- that movie. I don't know if I have any party ideas, but maybe a couple things to keep in mind.
Blue, Pink/red, and black are the major colors, and it should be pretty easy to stick to that. Maybe people can dress up? Lots of makeup, fashion, obsession with looking good...makes me think of the game operation and barbie- operation barbie??? Hacking dolls apart, every barbie hating little girls dream! But keep sharp objects away from drunk people!
I would also have fun with propaganda, thats more a decoration thing than an activity though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_Cold_Ember

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010 06:42:42 PM »

That is an awesome theme! A couple of my friends -love- that movie. I don't know if I have any party ideas, but maybe a couple things to keep in mind.
Blue, Pink/red, and black are the major colors, and it should be pretty easy to stick to that. Maybe people can dress up? Lots of makeup, fashion, obsession with looking good...makes me think of the game operation and barbie- operation barbie??? Hacking dolls apart, every barbie hating little girls dream! But keep sharp objects away from drunk people!
I would also have fun with propaganda, thats more a decoration thing than an activity though.

Those are some good ideas thank you ^_^ yeah  i was thinking some sort of operation game too XD the dressing up i could see working too...hm..maybe we'll do the "makeovers" when they get to my place..sorta like having a surgery tent lol..anyway thanks again for the ideas Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Valentine: You're hurt. Wait here.
Helena: What about you?
Valentine: Oh, I'm a panther. I shall slip unnoticed through the darkness... like a dark, unnoticeable slippy thing.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Writing the Script
Post Production: Telecine
Auditions and Casting for a Film
Post Production: Editing, Music and Visual Effects
How to Make Zombie Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...