A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beaded Bag knit using Size 0 needles (O).(O)  (Read 1267 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cranberrry2001
« on: January 15, 2010 09:36:48 PM »

it's done! it's done! it's done!

*whew*

It's taken more than a year for me to complete this baby. Granted I didn't sit down and do it from start to finish, I have done many other pieces betweent he start and finish of this one (believe me Wink lol )

Originally it was to be a test pilot as I had a friend who was going to be married at the end of September 2008 and I was thinking I could make one for her - to use on her wedding day.

lol - yeah right Wink clearly I did not make her one, since I didn't finish this lil number until just recently - but her wedding still was as lovely as ever! Smiley outdoors and well, they are in love so it was pretty friggin' beautiful Smiley (SO happy for her Smiley *beams*)

I gave her a few bracelets the eve of her wedding Smiley when we had our girls pow -wow just the two of us (so she did get somethign from me Smiley soemthing she could wear everyday Wink) We stayed up doing our nails and talking like we used to when we were in Junior high Smiley. I live states away from her and have for several years now so needless to say it was a very, very sweet time for the both of us Smiley Oh! For their wedding they each only had one person stand up with them... and she picked me to be her one and only bridesmaid Smiley. le sigh... I digress. thank you for letting me share!

I knit this purse with size 0 kniting needles and thread the beads as I went. One the main portion was done, I crochetted the edges together and added the rufffles and buttons for closure.

Alright folks, that's the beginning and end of the story (so far!) for this little beauty Smiley Thank you for looking!

Please feel free to comment! Smiley C& C are always welcome and appreciated! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010 10:37:11 PM »

WOW! That is exceptional!! Your fingers must have been so sore after this project. It really is stunning. Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
cwo3112
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010 10:40:01 PM »

Very pretty.  What are the dimensions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
papa justify

Will swap for panda art supplies or fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010 11:55:00 PM »

You are the queen of patience! That is amazing and I can't even imagine making it, kudos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010 05:57:20 AM »

Wow! Not only does that look like a lot of work, but, it's beautiful, too! I love the way the bag flares and how the beading follows suit. Gorgeous!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberrry2001
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010 06:41:51 AM »

WOW! That is exceptional!! Your fingers must have been so sore after this project. It really is stunning. Great work!

Thank you Smiley haha - yes, I had callusses on my fingers from time to time (its true Wink) Thank you for your comments! Cheesy marethann:)

You are the queen of patience! That is amazing and I can't even imagine making it, kudos!

Wink haha thank you papa justify! Cheesy

Very pretty.  What are the dimensions?

thank you cwo3112 Smiley The body of the bag measures 5 1/2 " wide at base to 3 " wide at top. With The purse open it measures 6 inches long (minus the ruffles)

Wow! Not only does that look like a lot of work, but, it's beautiful, too! I love the way the bag flares and how the beading follows suit. Gorgeous!  Cheesy

thank you inez! Cheesy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you all inspire me to keep treeking on projects - so long as I am able!:D thank you thank you. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wetkiss

*runs off the make it*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010 06:19:10 PM »

That is beautiful you did an amazing job I commend you on your patience with the tiny needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Death is not the greatest loss the greatest loss is what dies in us well we are alive."~ Norman Cousins
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Combat Oily Hair
How to Color Your Hair at Home
How to Create a Faux Bob Hairstyle
How to Crimp Your Hair
How to Curl Hair
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...