A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Shower onesie line, favors & gifts (lots o' pics!)  (Read 6052 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_shower , onesie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laceylovespink
« on: January 15, 2010 05:48:28 PM »

I'd like to add that I was EXTREMELY low on funds so all of the fabric things were made from my fabric stash.

My 16 year old daughter and I gave a party for her stepmom Smiley While it did feel odd throwing a party for my exhusband and his wife, I just looooove doing parties so I jumped at the chance of being artsy Smiley Thank you to the person who posted the onesie idea, it was a HUGE hit

at first people were VERY leary about going to the table. It was a come and go shower so i told everyone instead of cheesy games we were all making things for the baby to take home. I had a huge basket of fabric paint, sharpies and some pre-made appliques that I made. When people said 'oh, I'm not creative!' I just pointed to the appliques and iron and they were glad they could make something so easily! One lady even called the new mom after the shower and wanted a blank onesie to decorate at home Smiley Even the little kids were wanting to make one

for the shower favors I made tissue holders out of all different girlie prints I had

I got the tissues at dollar tree, they came in a pack of 12 for a dollar. Then i got some cello bags (20 for $1) and put a candle in and made a tag on word thanking them Smiley

for the baby I made a diaper bag with matching bath towel and changing pad

and some bib/burper/washcloth sets

anyway, I hope this helps everyone, I came here often for ideas and want to thank everyone who posted baby shower ideas that I used!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sum1smuma
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010 06:46:39 PM »

I think this is an amazing update to a frequently boring event. I am already a mom and although I had the best shower ever, I am completely jealous! Fantastic idea! How great to have something so personal from everyone who attended.
I was adamant about not having a shower and my friend/coworker threw one anyways. It was great but probably had a lot to do with the fact it was in a Sports bar with all the regular customers I had served there for over 10 years. My next baby shower better have customized onesies at it! The great bib and burp cloth sets are very cool and look super expensive...like the kind found in tiny boutiques all new mommies drool over! You have one lucky ex hubby and friend.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010 06:49:42 PM by sum1smuma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ya just can't stop a crafty girl!
juneapostrophe
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010 07:12:29 PM »

customized onesies are SUCH a good idea!  wow, great job on everything you put together!  it's very generous of you to throw a party together that's creative, well-done, and fun, especially when you feel slightly awkward. i love it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiley

now selling name book/banners in my new etsy shop--check it out!:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/juneapostrophe

friend me on facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tucson-AZ/june-apostrophe-by-naomi/138853086141015?ref=ts&__a=4&ajaxpipe=1
craftmagicmomma

winner winner chicken dinner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010 11:50:04 AM »

you did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Handle Color Management
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Personalize Lightroom
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Set New Catalog
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Setup Preferences
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...