A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster 5th anniversary: Kittie Calendar to Kittie cards and envies  (Read 20582 times)
Tags for this thread: stationery , recycled , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

McJulie-O
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010 01:03:21 PM »

That is a GREAT idea! And they look awesome!  Those would be nice to give away as gifts!
I am related to two, count 'em, TWO cat fanatics who are very close to me, and these are absolutely going on their birthday/Christmas/any-excuse-is-good-enough gift list. It is all that I can do to NOT to write them on the stationery to see if they start drooling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010 03:09:21 PM »

This is such a great idea.  I hope you don't mind if I borrow it.  I have been saving a calendar with baby kitties on it and didn't know what to do with it.  I've had it stashed for three years, just knowing the right project would come along.

Awesome work!!!!
Please DO use this as inspiration! You'll be surprised at how ingenious you'll feel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010 06:11:58 PM »

I keep calendars for crafty purposes but never really end up doing anything with them, this is awesome! I may have to do this with the DR Who calendar my sis gave me yesterday to craft with and gift them back to her.

BTW- congrats on your craftsterversary, I've never celebrated mine, I may have to start!

-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
McJulie-O
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010 08:36:09 PM »

I keep calendars for crafty purposes but never really end up doing anything with them, this is awesome! I may have to do this with the DR Who calendar my sis gave me yesterday to craft with and gift them back to her.

BTW- congrats on your craftsterversary, I've never celebrated mine, I may have to start!

-Ralph

Ralph,
Thank you! I see that you have a Crafterversary coming up right around the corner, too! I've tried to use mine as a deadline for finishing a number of projects, but rarely get them actually DONE and posted before the date itself.  This calendar project turned out so well that I've started calling friends and asking them to save their old ones...which is perfect, and an almost endless supply for me, and such gorgeous illustrations, too, not just of cats  Roll Eyes. I'll bet that your Dr. Who calendar make great envelopes and cards!

To celebrate my Craftster anniversary, I also finished my hardware washer necklace, which I posted over in jewelry( and it got its own thread)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334410.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010 07:18:21 AM »

What a great use for an old calendar! Bravo, and happy anniversary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
glasstapper
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010 07:51:34 AM »

That's sooo cute! Did you use the whole page for each envelope, or crop them in a special way? Where did you get the envelope template? Again CUTE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kanawinkie
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010 12:16:47 PM »

Wow, that's such a fantastic idea with a GREAT result!
I'll definitely be keeping my eye open for old calenders now!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do it for the joy it brings, 'cause I'm a joyful girl."

I Blog! * I Take Photos! * I Wist!
McJulie-O
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010 01:37:07 PM »

That's sooo cute! Did you use the whole page for each envelope, or crop them in a special way? Where did you get the envelope template? Again CUTE!

It was a little hard to plan how to best use the calendar image, since the calendar itself was about 12" square, but I needed only an 8.25" square to make this size envelope (invitation size, A-2). I wanted the most interesting image to show up on the front of the envelope so I tried to preserve that in my 8.25" square.....

As to the envelope making itself, I used an Ultimate Crafters Companion (the Craft and Hobby Association's Tool of the Year 2009) that I received for a birthday present, and it makes envelope making an unbelievable breeze, and something that I know I will do again and again. Here's a Youtube video on envelope making: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYW_PNa1Z7g&feature=PlayList&p=774A1A54251CBEBE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=87 (There are a LOT of Youtube videos on this product)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sabrinalouisemiller

ATCs are an Obsession.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010 02:19:08 PM »

This is the best way to repurpose a calendar that I have EVER seen. Thank you so much for sharing this! I have so many old calendars that I have not been able to get rid of because of the good art but now I can re-use them and spread the art around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juneapostrophe
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010 03:16:47 PM »

ah, this is awesome!  i had saved a bunch of cool calendar prints to make envelopes out of, but hadn't even THOUGHT about using the small print on the back to put on a cute little blank card. great idea! Cheesy  i will be doing this soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiley

now selling name book/banners in my new etsy shop--check it out!:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/juneapostrophe

friend me on facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tucson-AZ/june-apostrophe-by-naomi/138853086141015?ref=ts&__a=4&ajaxpipe=1
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Cat Eye Style
How to Apply False Lashes
Get the Look from Jason Wu Spring 2014
Get the Look from Michael Kors Spring 2014
Get the Look from Marc Jacobs Spring 2014
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...