A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post your CRAFTY Tattoos!  (Read 254338 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NaomiPhoto
« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2011 06:46:52 PM »

@ melicious:

Holy Cow!!! I freaking ADORE your ink! You put my tattoo ideas to shame!! Absolutely amazing work!  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2011 10:13:31 PM »

First of all melicious your ball of yarn is beautiful, and all the hearts and colors are nicely matched! Gorgeous! I'm so inspired to get more ink done. Happy Birthday to you, what a great gift. Smiley
Whoopdedoo I have to agree that iron is the cherry on top of a fantastic tattoo. I love all the color, and while I used to be the type that wasn't partial to it, Grin I have clearly changed my mind.

So I finally got my own done but it's totally my own design and Everything has personal meaning to me. I did one session for 5 1/2 hours from outline to color/shading. I know... I'm clearly a glutton for pain, a sadist or just didn't want to have to go back for another session. Yes to all the above. I have more in the works but this is what I have now, Wink and I am truly in love with it. Pictures:

This one is just after it being done and you can clearly see all the redness and how shiny it is due to the grotesque combo of A&D ointment and blood.

These are from today in the natural light so the colors are pretty true. It's been 3 weeks and I love how it's healed. Sad I had a bad experience with scarring from a previous tattoo, incidentally it's the two feet in the middle of this one. But I plan on fixing that soon.  Wink If anyone wants to know what it all means, cause I'm a sap for a great story just ask... I'd be happy to share.

I have to give a big THANKS to all the crafty artistic tattoos that have been posted here over the last 3 years, you were my inspiration to finally get this done. ~Hugs~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mandyhello

Cook-Eat-Stitch-Game- in that order :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2011 05:10:22 AM »

Whoa v3nu5!!!!  That's amazing Smiley  I was thinking about getting a little spool tattooed somewhere, I have to step up my game!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peteyandrocco
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2011 01:26:03 PM »

All these tattoos are beautiful!! I'm not old enough to get one yet, but when I am, I'm going to have my friend tattoo a pair of scissors that look like they are cutting into my upper arm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattootara
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2011 07:27:49 AM »

I am finally almost finished with my arts and crafts themed half sleeve! It's been over a year in the making and at this point only needs a little shading in the background to finish it up.

The only things that are included in my half sleeve that you can't really see in these pictures are my spool of thread with a needle, my blender blades and my safety pin. Those are multicolored granny squares outlined in the background. Originally we were gonna color the sections in with a lighter version of the colors they are outlined with, but I think they look really cool and lacy almost this way.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011 02:45:20 PM by MareMare - Reason: to reveal pictures for new member » THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2011 11:52:41 AM »

I love that you have crayons in there tattootara! Your glue gun is awesome and I like the lacey look also. I noticed your cupcake skull, freakin adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2011 02:45:48 PM »

That is gorgeous tattootara! I love how vibrant the colors are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
appleshannon
Tutorial Contributor

appleshannon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2011 08:58:32 PM »

outline on page 6
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattootara
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2011 05:40:17 AM »

Thanks MareMare and v3nu5! The skully cupcake is from a clothing line called Johnny Cupcakes, if you get a chance, you've gotta check it out. I decided I really had to include all I frequently use in arts and crafts. I technically have two more "crafty" tattoos that aren't on this sleeve. I have one that is roses with a paintbrush and music staff, and another which is for my craft (my first two tattoo machines and a sacred heart ink bottle). In years to come, I may add an embroidery hoop on my hand just to round out all that I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maedae

Halfway through my studies to become a dressmaker!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2011 01:40:46 PM »

Holy moly, all these tattoos are giving me a load of ideas! I have 3 small ones and a halfsleeve of Alice in Wonderland. All my tattoos indirectly are my family members exept one which I now regret somewhat and have been thinking of doing something crafty to and adding a pair of scissors to my other hip.

This is giving me so many ideas, I really shouldn't be looking at these Smiley

Wonderful works of art, all of you! What a great topic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ballin Malin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Korean Bulgogi and Rice Marinated Beef
How to Make Sushi Dipping Sauce
How to Make Sushi Rolls
How to Make Wasabi and Sushi Rice
How to make Vegan Kimchi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...