A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post your CRAFTY Tattoos!  (Read 258593 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2010 11:08:10 AM »

I love it evilpixie, it's very feminine and cute. I was thinking of something in that range for mine too- a pin up crocheting or sewing... I really need to sketch things out. Undecided
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010 11:08:33 AM by v3nu5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

minxalee
Iggy

Elbow grease is the best polish.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2010 11:52:50 AM »

What beautiful ideas! Love the ink ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wake up, wake up, Darlin' Corey.
What makes you sleep so sound?
Them revenue officers a'commin'
For to tear your still-house down.

Well the first time I seen Darlin' Corey
She was settin' by the side of the sea,
With a forty-four strapped across her bosom
And a banjo on her knee.
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2010 08:41:18 PM »

wow! those are all awesome tats! i sooo want another. I have 5 but none are crafty... although now i really really want one. i have so many planned. i will post my other tats after i have had 9 posts and in teh proper area of course
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skuldintape

Cats and chemistry

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2010 01:00:17 PM »

I got this tattoo in August of last year. I'd been wanting something on my arm for a while to remind me to just chill the frac out, and stop worrying about silly things I might have done - I'd already worried myself into depression once, and I really didn't want to do it again. So here it is, my reminder that life is too short to stress about stuff you can't change. It's in my mother's hand writing. My mom really hates tattoos. I had several already, and in discussing them with her before, I tried to make the point that they're all custom tattoos that I came up with and thought about for at least 6 months beforehand, isn't that better than having something I picked off a wall on the spur of the moment? In her words: "Michelle, I don't care if you get flowers and butterflies, I just hate them!" I asked her to write the words 'Too short' for me about 2 inches high, and told her it was for some embroidery....which it was, in a way. I was really nervous she was going to freak out when she saw the tattoo, given I'd basically duped her into it. But you know what? She seemed kind of pleased.

Why zebraprint? Because it's awesome.

My entire wardrobe, indeed life, would fall apart without safety pins, so there had to be at least one in there. Sorry it's a bit blurry.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010 04:28:44 AM by skuldintape » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sylla

I love you more than my own skin. ~Frida Kahlo

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2010 07:24:08 PM »

Skuldintape, your tattoo is just stunning. I absolutely love it, especially since your mom was in some way a part of the tattoo, even if she didn't know. The concept and the meaning are wonderful, love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2010 08:42:12 AM »

After years and years and years of contemplating what this might look like, I FINALLY got my tattoo.

I decided years ago that if I ever ran a marathon, I'd get wings on my feet.  But what would they look like? Bird wings? Butterfly?  Some sort of hybrid? I didn't want something overdone or clich.

I ran across this amazing tattoo artist, Amanda Wachob, and I finally came up with my idea. I sat down with some paint and a few minutes later, the image in my head for years came to life.

I ended up going more watercolor-looking than the deep hues that Amanda uses. I didn't want it to be too overpowering.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LyndsC
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2010 04:08:42 PM »

This makes me want a craft tattoo so badly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2010 05:38:22 PM »

Let me preface this by saying i tend to ramble. I'm sorry, i can't help myself. Feel free to skip to the "long story short" at the bottom... Embarrassed

My first tattoo is the only crafty tattoo i have... so far. I had wanted a tattoo since i was a kid, when i saw my best friend's grandpa's forearm tattoos, which he'd gotten when he was in the military. They were old and faded, and i fell in love.

Anyway... I'd been into a local tattoo shop, and they told me my original idea wouldn't turn out well (well, they said it would look like crap, but whatever). I figured if they said no, then it must really suck, so i should move on. I finally decided that the best thing for me would be a spool of thread. I grew up going to my aunt and uncle's after church almost every Sunday, and they are the ones who taught me to sew. I've been sewing most of my life, mostly just by hand. I'm still no good with a machine, hopefully that will change someday.

My friend took me to a tattoo shop, and i told the guy what i wanted and where--right behind my ear. He suggested doing it a bit lower so it wasn't as hidden, even though i wanted it up higher. More behind my ear than below it. I wanted to choose a good color that meant something. Purple has always been my favourite, but it just didn't feel right for this. I asked my mom if there was any color that made her think of her parents (both died when i was young), but all she could give me was blue... Blue is not even up there in my favs, so i went with turquoise... close enough, and turquoise is my mom's favourite stone. The artist suggested putting some red behind it to make it pop... I said, "Okay." Obviously the guy knows what he's doing.

I didn't go home and tell anybody. I wanted people to find out on their own. It took my sister about 2 minutes. My mom a little longer. My dad... about a month. He noticed something behind my ear one day and asked, "Is that a dumpster?" And that was it. I thought he would be upset about me getting a tattoo. Heh.

Long story short: I got turquoise because it meant something to me. I got a spool of thread as a sort of homage to my aunt and uncle, with whom i spent a lot of time growing up... and from whom i learned to sew.

Whew, sorry about all that.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010 06:30:55 PM by MareMare - Reason: to reveal images for new user » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2010 07:19:56 AM »

Your story was lovely...the homage to your aunt and uncle was beautiful...I think it was very wise of you to select something so personal and meaningful since you will have it forever...

The design is simple, not in your face, subtle, and has a great story to tell if you want, but it also tells a little about you without even asking!

I love your little spool of thread...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2010 02:01:58 AM »

Thank you! I always find it funny when people ask why i have a spool of thread...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lightroom and Photoshop Panorama Stitching Trick
Understanding a Cameras Sensor Size
Selectively Sharpening Your Photos with a Brush
Watermarking Your Photos Using Lightroom and Photoshop
Getting Your Lightroom Presets in to Camera Raw
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...