A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bird on a Branch Handbag  (Read 3059 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkensteins
« on: January 15, 2010 07:55:32 AM »

I have an amazing friend. She has helped me so much during the past few weeks. My financial struggles have been huge due to a string of bad luck.

First my sewing machine broke. I had orders to fill, and I had to have it. Then, my iron broke. Followed by the microwave, the oven, the furnace and the van.. I got the van fixed, and 2 days later hit a deer.

This friend and her husband have helped so much with these things. First, her husband came over and fixed the oven and the furnace! AND the broken outlets in my sewing room!

Then, she brought my children a bunch of new clothes, and filled my freezer with food. Now, she has been driving me to the van fixing places I need to go to and helping me emotionally as well. She even took me to my bank 20 miles away, and took me out to lunch!

I make handbags, and she likes them, but they are usually not "Her style" They tend to be whimsical and patchworky, and she is more of a classy rocker (Does that even make sense?) She likes grown up things like gold jewelry and oriental rugs...
I have wanted to make her a purse, but could not figure out how to make it match her. I know that a purse cannot make up for all she has done (I plan to do that by being a good frind to her as well!) But, this purse is just more of a thank you....
It took me about 6 hours from deisign to completion, and I really hope she likes it.  I am pretty proud of it, and I would love to read your comments and words of encouragement! Thank you for getting through my long-winded post! On to the pictures!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010 07:59:50 AM by funkensteins » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tabzilla

Doctor Who enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010 08:17:46 AM »

That is absolutely gorgeous!  It sounds like you have a great friend in her, and she is lucky to have such a thoughtful friend as you.  I hope that things get better for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Biting's excellent. It's like kissing, but there's a winner!
ElizabethsMom

Every window has a different view.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010 10:01:11 AM »

That is such a beautiful bag! I am sure she'll love it!  I'm not a purse person and I do Smiley As for all your recent problems, just remember that true friends come through when we need them most.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010 10:04:25 AM »

This is beautiful! I love the way the bird looks on the background fabric. You and your friend are BOTh lucky to have each other!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
stellou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010 10:31:52 AM »

I can only with the other poster this is really beautiful and a very thoughtful way to say thanks. i'm sure she will appreciate Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010 10:43:00 AM »

Your friend would have done it all for you no matter what, so I am sure your generous gift will be much appreciated and quite a surprise!

It is gorgeous and so nicely made...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
raennn
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010 01:58:56 PM »

Absolutely amazing~!!!!!! Now THAT's the kind of purse people should pay hundreds of dollars for. Keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is confusing, just when you think it's over it throws you a view like this and you don't know where you are.
- Evy in Driving Lessons
Juaniece

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010 05:30:28 PM »

That is a gorgeous bag!  God bless you and I wish things improve for you.... I certainly the "string" of bad luck! Thank you for sharing your story with us and you and your friend are lucky to have each other!
Thanks for sharing!
MiMi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sylrpt
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010 05:50:00 PM »

Such a nice story of friendship AND an absolutely GORGEOUS BAG!   Hope things are starting to look up for you and keep up the beautiful bag making!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkensteins
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010 07:18:18 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words! I got my van back today, I am hoping it is all over now! Nothing has broken in the last week or so, so I am keeping my fingers crossed! I wanted to give her the bag today, but never got a chance... She is coming over on Sunday, and I am so excited to share it with her now that I have recieved such positive feedback! Thank you!!
-Casey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Deviled Egg Trio
Perfect Recipe For Burger Lovers
Taste A Cronut? Just One Of The Hot NYC Food Trends
Burger of the Week: Football Fans Devour Opponents
Anita Lo: Serving Innovation
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...