A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
377 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bucketloads of T-shirt Reconstructions! **Tee Pocket Tut Added!**  (Read 48510 times)
Tags for this thread: tshirt , reconstructed , featured_project , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ElleOhElle
social work, crafts, and pirate hippies.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010 11:09:40 AM »

I love love that skirt. did you make that as well? I need to do a major stash buster like that. my partner has started questioning the necessity of keeping so many fabric scraps around  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
-Samuel Beckett  Smiley
sweet_amabilis
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010 07:52:01 PM »

Clover shirt tutorial.... now please? I might die without it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RippledWater
Let me sashay your tightroped mind

"That costs how much?!! Psh! I could make that!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010 08:06:08 AM »

These are so friggin awesome!!!!! I'm in love!! And I love pockets as well! I feel sorely out of place when I don;t have a pocket to put anything in.. lol. Keep up the great work and if you do a tute or a picture draw up I would so love to see it! Thanks for sharing everything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar!
pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010 08:16:48 PM »

I love your style, your shirts are adorable and you do a great job! I especially love the first one, I heart anything glow in the dark but love the idea of something looking different in the dark than normal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ocean_static
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010 12:05:48 PM »

these are all so amazing! I love the cross-over top of the glow-in-the-dark and moon tees. Definitely a lot of inspiration for my pile of tees I've been meaning to do something with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Addie Marie
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010 12:09:47 PM »

Eee, thank you so much for your amazing comments, everyone! I would've responded sooner, but I just started my first semester of college & suddenly my craftster time is very limited. But I appreciate the compliments so much--you made me blush & smile a LOT.

& the pocket tutorial is on the first page, in the original post. Sorry for the delay!

I love the shape of the ones that have a V-neckline and a band under the bust. if you are willing to sketch out the shapes, I would be very grateful, these are fabulous.

It looks like you simply cut up the T along the seam lines and then recut and sew them?

Thank you! I hope little paint drawings are fine. What I do is start out with a 3X (2X will work, but I have trouble fitting all the pieces in) tee, & cut out the back, & then work around with the front of the tee so I can get the placement just so for everything. The lower half of the front becomes the cross-over bust & the design the stomach; the side pocket panel usually will come from excess fabric from the back. Here's what the pieces look like:

LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE these t-recons! Did you come up with the designs yourself? Or get them from a book? I've seen some books on recon-ing tshirts, but didn't know if they were worth the buy...

Aw, thank you! I did come up with all the designs, but when I first started reconstructing (...3 years ago, I think?) I purchased the book Generation-T. It's a good starting off point, but if you know basics, I think it's easier (& cheaper!) to just see something, & try it out on your own. Experimenting, you know?

These are really amazing! I can't get over the pockets, such a brilliant idea. And the moon shirt!  What a great save!

Do you start with a larger man sized shirt, or do you use the girly tees?

Thanks! Smiley I almost always use men's tees in about five sizes larger than I need them. Threadless's  Girly Tees (which are actually made by American Apparel) run really small (as in, I wear a size small shirt in almost everything & need a large/XL in their tees) & are harder to reconstruct just because there's so much less fabric!

I love love that skirt. did you make that as well? I need to do a major stash buster like that. my partner has started questioning the necessity of keeping so many fabric scraps around  Roll Eyes

I did make the skirt, indeed! Thank you! I'm actually editing a tutorial for it (which I meant to have done a week ago), if you're interested. It's fabulous for using up scraps, something I seem to matriculate like none other! The very first place I'll post it is on my blog (http://www.mateycouture.blogspot.com), & I really should have it up... soon. Maybe this weekend, depends on how much homework I can get done!

Clover shirt tutorial.... now please? I might die without it.

I would totally do one, except that it took me quite a while to figure out the right pattern & I don't know if I could quite explain it in a tutorial! (&, lack of time, unfortunately...) But, I did draw up a mini tutorial for the pocket (see the first page) which would maybe be of help to you!

Again, thanks, dolls! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TMLGirl
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010 03:00:24 PM »

I can't believe I JUST discovered this post! w00t to top of January! Anyways, the one you aren't entirely pleased with, I love! great inspiration! Thanks!!!!  I love the back with the elastic and buttons SO CUTE
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010 04:38:36 PM »

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! They don't look anything like t-shirts anymore. The first one is my fave, but they're all wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlecarnivore
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010 05:19:29 PM »

all of your shirts are amazing. I can't pick out a favorite but the thing I love the most is that it gives me hope. All the recons I ever seem to see are strappy little affairs that would never work well for a chesty lady.  I might not be able to accomplish what you do, but at least i know it can be done. keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010 12:16:53 AM »

Addie Marie, thanks for that info, it really helps. I am going to get to a thrift shop today so I will try and score some large mens T-shirts and have a play.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Turkey Mask
How to Make a Werewolf Mask
How to Make a Crochet Rope
How to Do a Chevron Crochet
How to Join Crocheted Motifs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...