A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 217
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 208713 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scorpios_stinger
« Reply #2070 on: June 17, 2010 06:31:33 AM »

I am so impressed with all the frugal crafting this month! I was thinking of taking a break from prizes, but now I've decided on something else!

For every pic or link(to your post on craftster) to a frugal craft you've made for you or someone else, I will put your name in a hat. I will draw on the 1st of July, and will send the winner a 25 dollar visa gift card!
Yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ashling
« Reply #2071 on: June 17, 2010 06:59:16 AM »

Are we working on a theme now? I totally can't remember.
"June's theme- Work on your individual frugal goals this month"  Nice and open ended!  Smiley

Here are the curtains I made for the bedroom, lined with blackout material to keep the heat out.  They should save me on my air conditioning, and making them cost less than buying new ones!
Here's a shot of the blackout lining-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lylacfey
« Reply #2072 on: June 18, 2010 04:23:54 AM »

I love the curtains Ashling! I am storing that one away.

Good luck to all the participants. I can't wait to see the winning entry. I have too much on my mind to participate. I am rooting all of you on. I will be the cheerleader. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/faerydreams/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
Ashling
« Reply #2073 on: June 18, 2010 06:19:03 AM »

I love the curtains Ashling! I am storing that one away.
Thanks!  I don't usually make things that big, so it was a little challenging, but it was worth it.  The added bonus is that it keeps the room dark in the morning too, with a south facing window, it was too bright too early for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2074 on: June 18, 2010 10:23:45 AM »

I know this is really silly but i'm too excited to not share.  It's not really frugal in that i've just spend $125 BUT for that $125, i finished 90% of my christmas shopping.  I got 5 pairs of pants/shorts, 5 shot glasses, 2 baby outfits, a baby cheerleader outfit, one scarf/hat/gloves set, 13 shirts and 2 game-worn jerseys.  All brand new except obviously for the game-worn jerseys.  All from my university's college store!  The two jerseys are the jerseys for two of my favorite football players on our team.  =)

It killed my "extra" money for the next two months but it was completely worth it!  And all of them say "Houston Cougars" on them which makes them better!  YAY!

*off to dance in my own corner*

Another bright side!  I dug through my boxes of stuff and found all the things i need to make the rest of my MAF6 swap stuff from my stash and all of the stuff to fill my JOW8 jar!  =)  Thank you ladies for inspiring me to dig through my stash...finally.  lol.  Now, back to reading.  I'm on page 190 of the thread.  =) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #2075 on: June 18, 2010 10:48:38 AM »

I am going to be using my dehydrator in the garage with the door open a bit to let out the awful heat it puts out...I am making turkey jerky, which requires a very long time and I do not want to use my oven!

I am also using an old plastic pretzel jar to make sun tea...too hot for the kettle!

I am so excited about the ginger post!!  Hubby was having some digestive issues and so I bought a jar of pickled ginger and he is just amazed at how much better he is feeling!  But it is so expensive!  It would be great to have it growing!  I know the root freezes so well...

cassandra--I must have given you the wrong link for the shrug because the one I am making is definitely knitted!!  I printed it out so I will check to see if I also printed out the address.  Sorry about that!

I grow milkweed, but it does not look like a dandelion at all...I grow it mostly for the butterflies...

ok--I think maybe I already shared this, but I got a bad case of poison ivy and the dead sea salt scrub literally dried it up in three days with no itching!  I love that stuff!!  I am going to see if regular salt scrubs would work so I can make my own...hubby says no, because the concentration of salt is not strong enough ...huh?  salt is salt, right?

After my two swaps are done on Wednesday, I will be working 100% on my own projects and my own frugal things...

One bit of icky news...hubby found four more boxes of "stuff" while cleaning out the basement and put them into my nice clean crafting room...it never ends...I did find four yards of some weird blue fabric that I am going to make into lightweight pants (I want a pair of those Thailand fighting pants?)...I had to recycle about 200 old Readers Digest books I was saving for papercrafts because they got moldy...thank goodness I had already torn off the great covers and had them in a sealed container!

Seriously, do I need to keep my art work from elementary school?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pantsafari
« Reply #2076 on: June 18, 2010 11:24:43 AM »

AIMR-  dont do sun tea in a plastic container. Putting plastic in the sun will cause the chemicals in it to leach into the tea. Use glass instead- much safer. Glass tea jars are usually pretty cheap, and they are a good investment if you make a lot of sun tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
cassandra
« Reply #2077 on: June 18, 2010 11:30:29 AM »

AIMR It may have been knitted, I do not know how to tell the difference.  I don't know how to do either although it'd be neat to know how to knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cat2007
« Reply #2078 on: June 18, 2010 11:32:07 AM »

as of the time the payment clears capital ones payment center, I will have my 17.99% apr credit card paid off.  I'm waiting on that to cancel the dang thing (and I'm just betting that I will have a cancelation fee tacked on.)
I am planning to start the weekend with a small recon trip to see about school supplies for dd but first i'm making her go through her room and the file cabinet to make sure what she really needs (she will want to buy ALL NEW-if i let her)  I got her a scientific calculator for $5 @ walmart a while back (it was regularly $39-I think someone made an error to my advantage- it wouldn't ring up in the system so the clerk keyed it in for the sale sticker amt)

well I've planted a piece of ginger and we'll see if it sprouts since i us it to make my eggrolls, I'm waiting for my first tomato harvest to get here I think maybe tomorrow (i love fresh tomato sandwiches)

asling? where did you get your material for the curtains.
i could stand to make 11 sets of blackout curtains for my home, mainly my bdrm and l/r and kitchen that gets the morning light (i hate to see my bill for this mths electric).  

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschbitch
Stitchin'

Music, crafts, and dogs...all good.

« Reply #2079 on: June 18, 2010 01:45:23 PM »

Frugal Friday Posting:

I've been working away on a king sized quilt for a wedding gift.  So far, I have only used stash fabric, though I may have to buy some material for the sashing and binding.  I don't know if I'll do batting...my grandmother never did, and her blankets are uber-cozy from the layers of fabric used.  In place of binding, I may use a neutral coloured fabric.  The method I am using is in the book Crazy Shortcut Quilts  which I highly recommend.

Piccies:

Fabric all cut up:

Examples of the larger blocks...I piece four 11x11cm blocks together to get a 19.5x19.5cm square:

And an example of the back of one of the larger squares:

Thoughts?  This is the first time I have made a quilt using this method, and I am really enjoying it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 217 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Painted Background
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...