A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
302 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 217
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 191114 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2060 on: June 14, 2010 08:05:02 PM »

I approve of Mega-slacker Monday as long as its that pretty every Monday! I love those flowers- and I'm not a big flower person!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pantsafari
« Reply #2061 on: June 14, 2010 08:07:05 PM »

All this talk about roaches is giving me the heebie jeebies. of all the creepy crawly things in this world- roaches freak me out the most. (and I mean FREAK ME OUT)

those felt flowers look awesome! I have a stack of felt somewhere in my stash that i could try out with that technique.

Im currently crafting for my frugal DIY wedding. I wanted a unique guest book but couldnt find a nice inexpensive one, so I bought a 8x8 scrapbook and some scrapbook paper, (11$total) at Tuesday Morning, all in my wedding colors, and Im making my own! Ill post pictures later this week when Im done.  I know $11 seems a little expensive for a guestbook, but the ugly ones where you only have a line to sign your name were 10$ so Im happy I am getting what I want for not much more.
Next on my craft list is the clip for my hair. Im going to have a flower/feathers maybe/tulle maybe hair clip. I found a beautiful necklace on etsy, I figure if I cant craft it myself,Ill support someone elses crafting! And of course, I still have my wedding dress to make. (Fabric shopping with my mom soon!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
lylacfey
« Reply #2062 on: June 15, 2010 04:08:27 AM »

OMG, OMG, OMG! I know it was one of you girls. I just know it was. Somebody over here gifted me a FOC subscription. I am just crying. Thank you so much. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You don't know how much your gift touched me after having such a horrible day.

I can't stop crying. My son was kicked out of school today. He's in a lot of trouble. The good thing he's safe. He's not at our home right now but staying with some elderly friends.

Then we found out my Mom might have a brain tumor. This could explain why her behavior has been so bad. Right now my Mom & I are scared to death.

Whoever sent me a FOC subscription Thank you again. You touched me in more ways than you can ever know.

Thank you.

I wish I could say the day was frugal and I have all sorts of great tips but as you can see from above nothing at all to share.

I know this was horribly OT but I just had to say thank you. Big Hugs to the sweetest girls in the world.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/faerydreams/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
cassandra
« Reply #2063 on: June 15, 2010 07:46:04 AM »

So happy for you lylacfey!

Thanks everyone for the tips on the bugs..

I've only seen a couple in the house but am making sure to keep everything super clean and continuing to declutter which will help as well.
I opened up the composter last night and don't see them in there..I see lots of rolly pollys though!  I don't know what I am doing wrong on the composter..maybe not turning enough...I don't have compost and it's been there a year...I also added egg cartons and I don't think they are going to compost..I think I will take them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cat2007
« Reply #2064 on: June 15, 2010 06:58:55 PM »

did any of you know about m.gutenberg.org 's books?   I was trolling last night on my touch at the regular gutenberg.org library site and hit a link that took me to a beta testing of their epub, mobi, formatted books?   i'm heading there now using my dd's laptop to see what I can find to dl.  this is my frugalese for today.

i lootked into getting one of those PODS for a month but I'm thinking $240 is just too steep for my pocket book. so i think i'm going to stick with the $40 a mth for one mth rental to get this stuff out of my house.

edited because dd's laptop drops words on me. (that's my story at any rate Tongue )
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010 05:10:43 PM by cat2007 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bellazeus

Crochet pattern illiterate.

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: June 15, 2010 07:41:16 PM »

Bellazeus, what was it? Not that I have a farm or a barn or bullants (I don't think so anyhow) but I still wanna know about your miracle natural remedy.

Hmm we call it milk weed.. its kinda like a dandelion.. not sure if its in other countries tho, or what its latin name is!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seriously in awe of the craft stashes that are on this forum.
I bow down to your awesomeness.
lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2066 on: June 16, 2010 12:31:38 PM »

Fried dandelion flowers are really good! My Mawmaw use to make them when I was little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #2067 on: June 16, 2010 01:09:41 PM »

I like cattail shoots. I have tried day lily blossoms(fried) and rhisomes(boiled twice then fried). They were okay. I have heard you can eat the buds like green beans. Also some people have a sensitivity to them, so I am not sure I will try them again.

I have also collected wild asperagus and morel mushrooms here locally. I usually have to buy the morels now though. I remember collecting birch, berries, and wild mint as a child.

While it isn't wild food, I often collect the pears that fall from my sister's trees. She tends to leave them to the yellow jackets. I cut off portions and poach them with nutmeg (allergic to cinnamon). Sometimes I find nice one for eating too.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010 01:19:55 PM by ysmeine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #2068 on: June 16, 2010 03:23:44 PM »

It depends on how much traffic the road gets. Mulberries are often overlooked, but are very tastey. We used to pick wild raspberries and gooseberries where my grandmother lived. One of my elementary schools had wild grapes, our class made grape jelly one year. I ate it all on the bus on the way home.

I received my prize in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately, my modem just died. Maybe if I bring my laptop to the library tomorrow I can upload pics then. I am using their computer today. I might look for some reading material while I am here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2069 on: June 16, 2010 08:38:39 PM »

I am so impressed with all the frugal crafting this month! I was thinking of taking a break from prizes, but now I've decided on something else!

For every pic or link(to your post on craftster) to a frugal craft you've made for you or someone else, I will put your name in a hat. I will draw on the 1st of July, and will send the winner a 25 dollar visa gift card!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 217 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...