A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 217
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 184260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Beeclef

The crafter formerly known as Bongirl5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1710 on: May 19, 2010 09:10:18 PM »

I actually recognized some of the layout there! It looks great, and gave me a little pang of missing Pennsylvania and our crafting group.  Great job organizing, and many hugs aimed in your direction.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wonderfully Awkward - my blog http://www.bclef.com
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1711 on: May 19, 2010 09:37:35 PM »

Great job on the room, Always! It must really feel great to have it all finished;
 and same to you, too,Craftylittlemonkey! Get well soon! Stay away from those Petri Dishes!
They sound dangerous!
I wish I could come and poke my nose in all those bins...
I'm thinking of inviting myself over someday.??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lylacfey
« Reply #1712 on: May 19, 2010 09:50:30 PM »

Alwaysinmyroom- OMG Amazing! You thought my room was eye candy. Thank you for the goddess comment, lol. I am absolutely in love with your play room.

craftylittlemonkey- Here's the promised pics of my paper storage and die cutting table.

First one:

The two decorator boxes under my table are full of specialty papers and ephemera. The green box is my cardstock, Bazzill and designer paper. The large box next to it holds my miscellaneous tools.

The table holds all my electronic die cutters. I keep threatening to declutter them but in the end I do truly love them and they all have different purposes. Once you get into die cutting you start understanding die cutters are very hard to consolidate just to one. I keep my Cricut Create in the living room for quick projects. I will keep my Silhouette also in the living room since it's my main computer die cutter.

Scrap paper box:

The other decorator box holds all my scrap paper. I have everything in there from plain cardstock to specialty. I am in this box several times a week pulling out sheets so I can try a new technique before I use a good sheet of my other stash of paper.

I hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/faerydreams/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
Lindsay517
« Reply #1713 on: May 20, 2010 05:29:15 AM »

So..I've spent my entire evening at work reading this thread...I'm on page 71 so far. You guys are total inspiration!

So..even though it's almost 6 months in...Can I join in on the fun?

I'm Lindsay, btw *waves*
My boyfriend (husband, whatever..we've been togeather for almost 9 years) and I are really trying to find a way to afford for me to go back to being a stay at home mom. For the past year, due to James getting laid off, I've been working nights, which is really hard. I'm bipolar..so not taking care of myself with regular sleep and such really messes with my moods. We also have 4 year old twins *aka "the wonder twins"*  who are special needs (they both have learning delays and Olivia is legally blind due to the fact that they were so premature) and really benefit from me staying home and working with them.
Wow..I'm rambling. Anyways..we're trying really hard to get into a frugal lifestyle to benefit our family.

Next time we run out of laundry soap, I am so making the homemade stuff..the wonder twins have pretty sensitive skin, and I think I could control what's in it a lot better..plus it's cheap!
Our major goal right now is budgeting. James and I both started our relationship with tons of stupid debt..luckily, we don't have much credit card debt anymore, but we still spend way too much on a lot of silly little things.
Groceries are a huge expenditure with us. I'm always very interested in learning ways to save on that. We just planted our first vegetable garden this year, and I hope to add to it.

So yeah..hi! Hope I can join in on the frugal fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. -Ernest Hemingway
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1714 on: May 20, 2010 06:10:31 AM »

We love to share and get new ideas! Welcome to our madness!

Once again, I have gotten a few more good ideas of how to organize papers from you lylacfey!  I know I have more tweaking to do, as some of those bins are just things thrown in that I will have to search thru to find what I want...I am trying to be realistic and compromise my need to be messy when I craft with my new desire to stay organized and neat!!

I would love to have a die cutter so badly, but not sure where I would put it!!  Hubby suggested that if I clean out the Master Bedroom closet I could use it to store my yarns and then use the space in my room to store the current bins and put the cutter on the counter....I guess he wants me to clean out the closet... Cheesy

bongirl5---ha ha ha I forgot that you are one of the few people I let into my room with all of the mess---how embarassing!  Hey, if you come visit at least I have room to drag in another chair and set up the folding table so we could craft together!! Cheesy  I miss you!

KLKing--most of the bins contain various old papers, scraps, etc. and the drawers contain all papers, paints, cardboard, glue, etc.  I mostly use this room for papercrafting, painting and housing my yarns...since the floor is clean, I have been using it to cut out fabric and setup my ironing board as well (no more using the living room floor! yay!)

I love you guys for your encouragment and want to continue to encourage whomever feels they need it...remember that this was something I wanted to do...I hope no one thinks it is any kind of pressure or anything for you to do...each of us has our own style and tolerance level for "messy"...if it is not an issue, GREAT!  Do your own thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassandra
« Reply #1715 on: May 20, 2010 10:32:59 AM »

I'm behind on posts but wanted to share my frugal think I did...

We've been saving for a queen size mattress and had about 350 saved.  Well a friend gave me a nice KING size mattress and her mother sold me her hedboard/footboard/frame and nightstands for 75.00 so I got to spend the rest of the money we saved on a bedspread and decorative pillows!  WooHoo!  So I got a whole room makeover for LESS than what I was going to spend on a mattress alone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1716 on: May 20, 2010 12:05:50 PM »

Thanks, you guys, for the inspiration!  I am currently in between craft rooms...went from using the spare bedroom to the hallway/alcove/room thing (it's a really weird space) when my sister had to move in with us; now, the kitchen is so cluttered and unusable that now, hubby wants to use my hallway space for the pantry so we can have a bigger kitchen...so I am now being sent to this room we call the Orange Room.  It has orange walls and even an orange ceililng...and it's not a cute orange, lemme tell ya...sigh.  It's also kind of an added on room, with no insulation and not even one single window.  It's ALSO currently being used to house a whole bunch of storage stuff because our garage is full of our landlord's stuff...it's such a nightmare!  I have to clean up and reorganize the storage stuff as much as possible, and then try to fit a whole room's worth of craft stuff into one half of a 9 X 12 room...I don't even have dreams about being able to actually craft in there.  I just need to be able to get to the stuff to bring it out to the kitchen to work on.

ANYWAY - Now, I feel like I can tackle this knowing you guys are out there doing it too!!  I'm not in this CAL but I will still take before pics...and after if I get that far...lol!!  Thanks for the help you guys.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1717 on: May 20, 2010 12:14:18 PM »

Hi Lindsay! I know what it's like to have the kiddos have sensitive skin, it appears that my middle nephew has my crazy sensitive skin...I can't wear jewelry or have elastic, metal, lace, etc etc rub on my skin without getting a rash, and it seems that he's the only one in the household that gets bug bites (just like me).  If they get rashes frequently, I've got a great rash balm "recipe" (it's 3 ingredients lol) that is better than anything the doctor ever prescribed!

Always~ Don't you still have your Cricut? Or is that not considered a die cutter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #1718 on: May 20, 2010 12:37:57 PM »

cassandra, thats lovely! doiesn't it feel just lovely to come to your own beedroom and feel peaceful and have just a little sanctuary?
good for you x

always- excellent job on the craft room, and remember what my mum always said "if you get it out, you put it away when you're done!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

« Reply #1719 on: May 20, 2010 12:48:31 PM »

I know, I know...I felt so bad because today I was in a hurry and I left my PJ's on the floor of the room and also my cereal bowl and coffee cup...and the hammer I used to nail up a picture and the paper I pulled out to make a card...I will clean it when I get home...keep reminding me ! Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010 12:52:11 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 217 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Set Up an Old Fashioned Loom
How to Spin Yarn Using a Drop Spindle
Spinning Flax Fiber Into Linen
How to Set Up a Warp for Weaving
How to Prepare Wool Fiber for Spinning
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...