A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 308,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
242 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 217
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 194370 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1490 on: May 02, 2010 09:37:11 AM »

I think pixieval said she would update on Monday...I am working on fixing and reconning clothing...I think that is my frugal project for May so I have "new" clothes to wear!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #1491 on: May 02, 2010 09:39:34 AM »

That's a good one-I can work on my sewing skills.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #1492 on: May 02, 2010 09:46:01 AM »

I was just thinking that I can work on my embroidery skills!!  I am reconning a jean skirt that needs some embellishments! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassandra
« Reply #1493 on: May 02, 2010 10:37:04 AM »

I'm going to recon some clothes this month too!  I have several things that were given to me that are a tad to big in areas (like under my arms!?!) that I can not wear them...looking forward to having "new" clothes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cat2007
« Reply #1494 on: May 02, 2010 01:56:52 PM »

yes, just the reg milk cartons.  I'm sure if it was weatherized it would last longer than a season.   @ cassandra before you tried to sprout them did you put them in the freezer over night?  we've always done this and once I asked why? because they (seeds) have to go through a heat before they germinate. also you could try soaking over night to soften the hard outside part before you place in your paper towel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyDeJa
« Reply #1495 on: May 02, 2010 07:27:25 PM »

Hi everyone, I have been a way for a while. I haven't been as productive as I like but have succeeded in eliminating more paper. However, I am the only one that can tell ... lol. You all have so many great tips, ideas and plans. I keep telling myself I need to copy the ones I am most interested in into a OneNote notebook or a Word document. I told my grandmother about the potatoes in a can idea and she was amazed. Still a LOT of work to do!!! Be back later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
lylacfey
« Reply #1496 on: May 02, 2010 09:32:19 PM »

LaughingLark- Your flower brooches are beautiful.

Japanese phone books are so pretty. I would use them for paper towel replacements. I took my name off the list to send up phone books. When an occasional phone book shows up DH takes it to work. The driver's always need phone books and they come in real handy. Lots of small towns still do things old school or cell service is spotty. Those phone books are lifelines to drivers.

Crafting coupons and stash. I live near all the craft stores. Can walk to a few of them. I can go any time I want. I go every week at least. I am always careful. You go so much you start to know what the store has so it's not that exciting any more. Then they get something new and that's where temptation can lie but I know it will be old again in three months.

I used to buy for gifts and I had a stash that was not my style. It laid around my home cluttering it up and I became depressed about it because I hate clutter. I got rid of it all. Now, everything in my craft room is something I love. If I don't love it then it's gone. I worked hard on my craft room so I want it to inspire me. Truth be told if you don't like what your working with it's just tiring to work with or you will never use it.

I always have a phrase about decluttering. I want to be inspired and not tired.

This still fits our frugal-a-long so I am going to go for it. I watched Hoarder's tonight. I cried all the way through the show and I was so angry. I mean really, really angry. I wanted to jump through the TV and go after some of those ladies because they reminded me of my Mom.

I am glad to watch the show because watching it I realized what my Mom is putting me through. It's a constant cycle with her. She has such a hoarding problem she comes over and abuses me if I don't give her things. She also steals from us. I won't have anything in my home because I am scared to lose it. My DH is getting angry about it.

I haven't posted in a few days because she came over and did it to me again. I have been really ill. Watching hoarder's was a wake up call because I am one of the victims of a hoarding person.

We decided if my Mom won't get help she can't have a relationship with me any more. I don't want to put her on the show. Then I would be on the show & I am camera shy. Smiley

I am glad I watched it. This is one of the best shows on TV. It was hard to watch. I am not a hoarder. I declutter too much. One time we only had a set of utensils between us because I thought it was good enough.

I save things for my Mom. I won't do that any more. Tomorrow I am getting in my storage shed and taking all her items to the thrift store. I am arranging it so I can have my holiday items, gardening treasures and animal care items close by. I am going to collect things so I can buy a bird. I am really excited about getting a bird. Smiley

Today was a good day for me decluttering.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/faerydreams/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #1497 on: May 03, 2010 06:32:52 AM »

What a great saying!  I want to be inspired not tired!  As I was working in my new clean papercrafts room this weekend, I realized how much less time it took for me to craft because all of my supplies were in reach...and I was not surrounded by old clothes, paper, junk, etc. So freeing!  So thank you thank you to all who inspired me to do this--I want to hang the rest of my art work (mostly from Craftster friends!) and then show it off...it is not perfect, but way better than it was...in two weeks, our dumpster is being delivered so all the stuff I hauled to the garage will be gone...I am a bit stressed but determined not to go look one more time to take something back...

My black jean skirt is coming along great...I managed to learn the feather stitch and also the split stitch!! But embroidering on denim is hard on my hands!  I figure if I do a little each night, it won't be so hard on me...

I picked three bags of lettuce and brought two into work to give to a friend...we are both dieting so salads are on our lunch menu!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassandra
« Reply #1498 on: May 03, 2010 07:01:54 AM »

@cat I'd never heard of popping them in the freezer overnight!  Definitely will keep that in mind if I plant more seeds-I'm still wanting to get loofa seeds so I'll try it when I get those (I'll have to order off of ebay-I can't find them in any store!)

@lylacfey  WOW about your mom.  I've never seen that show but heard about it.  I think you are doing the best thing for you and your family no matter how hard it may be.  HUGS to you!  Major hugs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1499 on: May 03, 2010 11:56:27 AM »

May's theme is up on the first page, contact me if you'd like to donate a prize for May.
On that note, I am still unable to access my PMs, so it may be a couple days before I get back to you.
sorry it took so long for me to get May's theme up, I was having unique internet problems this weekend. I seemed to be having opposite issues of everyone else with Craftster during the bug, lol. I could access pages, but couldn't edit, view PM's, or upload pics. My editing seems to be back. I also was having personal internet issues over the weekend, so it was just a mess!!

Frugal Craftyness- I've been asking mom what she wants for mother's day this year, and finally she told me yesterday afternoon, she would like some summer nightgowns. So whats the first thing that goes through my head? I have to go to Joann's and get a pattern and fabric, and matching thread. and elastic. And... well, you get the point. So I put my foot down and said "No! Valarie, you have got the tools downstairs, just go down there."
So I did, dug through all my patterns, have a couple for nightgowns that are beautiful, but not mom's size, and I've never even used a pattern before, let alone alter pattern size, so I just decided to go for it. Of course, now I have decided that if I want to use all this fabric I have in the basement, I need a dress form, or I can just use one of the craftster tuts to make my own.
Anyways, I found in my stash half of a vintage flowery sheet and some lace. used that to make the bottom part, so am trying to figure out how to make the top part of the nightgown. Will work more on that tonight.
Also found in my stash a FQ of church fabric that I think I can make her a tea wallet from tonight. Man.. Its been so long since I've sewn instead of crocheted, I forgot how much quicker my machine is than a crochet hook! As soon as I am done in the couple of swaps I'm in at the moment, I'm going to really work on my fabric stash hard and fast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 217 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...