A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 121899 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1560 on: May 02, 2010 09:13:51 AM »

You mean the regular cartons that are made of waxed cardboard?  I wonder how long they last?  Probably just through one seaon, but that is great for the birds!  I have an empty soy milk carton...I am going to have to try that!

pixieval--I am also discovering the WHY of my crafting hoarding...I realized I was obsessed with making sure I used my coupons...even if I did not need anything!  My friend reminded me that another one will be in the mail and that really I only needed to use one every three months to keep getting them!

Things ALWAYS go on sale, so I don't have to buy each sale...and, finally, for swaps, I don't always have to get exactly what the person wants...they are just listing ideas and usually I have something I can use!

Can't wait to see what May brings...I am a little anxious about buying flowers because I want to be sure I get only what I will plant... a few years ago, I bought too much and wasted them!  My mom is going to take me to the Army base to buy plants for her yard and I will get some for me as well...they will be much cheaper there!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010 09:14:12 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
cassandra
« Reply #1561 on: May 02, 2010 09:19:20 AM »

I'm wondering if she's talking about waxed cardboard ones as well...

Also, about the plants...I did buy some plants..but tried to steer with the cheaper ones...they are still pretty!  I bought a couple different kinds that was a 6 pack for .88 cents!  I also am trying to get some up from seed...I'm usually not successful but it's so much cheaper!  I also had leftover veggie seeds that I bought last year and wasn't successful...so I started some in baggies with a wet papertowel in the window and seeing if I can get them to sprout so I can try again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #1562 on: May 02, 2010 09:24:13 AM »

I've been in a cold induced haze-did we pick a theme and did I miss it? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1563 on: May 02, 2010 09:37:11 AM »

I think pixieval said she would update on Monday...I am working on fixing and reconning clothing...I think that is my frugal project for May so I have "new" clothes to wear!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #1564 on: May 02, 2010 09:39:34 AM »

That's a good one-I can work on my sewing skills.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1565 on: May 02, 2010 09:46:01 AM »

I was just thinking that I can work on my embroidery skills!!  I am reconning a jean skirt that needs some embellishments! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
cassandra
« Reply #1566 on: May 02, 2010 10:37:04 AM »

I'm going to recon some clothes this month too!  I have several things that were given to me that are a tad to big in areas (like under my arms!?!) that I can not wear them...looking forward to having "new" clothes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cat2007
« Reply #1567 on: May 02, 2010 01:56:52 PM »

yes, just the reg milk cartons.  I'm sure if it was weatherized it would last longer than a season.   @ cassandra before you tried to sprout them did you put them in the freezer over night?  we've always done this and once I asked why? because they (seeds) have to go through a heat before they germinate. also you could try soaking over night to soften the hard outside part before you place in your paper towel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyDeJa
« Reply #1568 on: May 02, 2010 07:27:25 PM »

Hi everyone, I have been a way for a while. I haven't been as productive as I like but have succeeded in eliminating more paper. However, I am the only one that can tell ... lol. You all have so many great tips, ideas and plans. I keep telling myself I need to copy the ones I am most interested in into a OneNote notebook or a Word document. I told my grandmother about the potatoes in a can idea and she was amazed. Still a LOT of work to do!!! Be back later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
lylacfey
« Reply #1569 on: May 02, 2010 09:32:19 PM »

LaughingLark- Your flower brooches are beautiful.

Japanese phone books are so pretty. I would use them for paper towel replacements. I took my name off the list to send up phone books. When an occasional phone book shows up DH takes it to work. The driver's always need phone books and they come in real handy. Lots of small towns still do things old school or cell service is spotty. Those phone books are lifelines to drivers.

Crafting coupons and stash. I live near all the craft stores. Can walk to a few of them. I can go any time I want. I go every week at least. I am always careful. You go so much you start to know what the store has so it's not that exciting any more. Then they get something new and that's where temptation can lie but I know it will be old again in three months.

I used to buy for gifts and I had a stash that was not my style. It laid around my home cluttering it up and I became depressed about it because I hate clutter. I got rid of it all. Now, everything in my craft room is something I love. If I don't love it then it's gone. I worked hard on my craft room so I want it to inspire me. Truth be told if you don't like what your working with it's just tiring to work with or you will never use it.

I always have a phrase about decluttering. I want to be inspired and not tired.

This still fits our frugal-a-long so I am going to go for it. I watched Hoarder's tonight. I cried all the way through the show and I was so angry. I mean really, really angry. I wanted to jump through the TV and go after some of those ladies because they reminded me of my Mom.

I am glad to watch the show because watching it I realized what my Mom is putting me through. It's a constant cycle with her. She has such a hoarding problem she comes over and abuses me if I don't give her things. She also steals from us. I won't have anything in my home because I am scared to lose it. My DH is getting angry about it.

I haven't posted in a few days because she came over and did it to me again. I have been really ill. Watching hoarder's was a wake up call because I am one of the victims of a hoarding person.

We decided if my Mom won't get help she can't have a relationship with me any more. I don't want to put her on the show. Then I would be on the show & I am camera shy. Smiley

I am glad I watched it. This is one of the best shows on TV. It was hard to watch. I am not a hoarder. I declutter too much. One time we only had a set of utensils between us because I thought it was good enough.

I save things for my Mom. I won't do that any more. Tomorrow I am getting in my storage shed and taking all her items to the thrift store. I am arranging it so I can have my holiday items, gardening treasures and animal care items close by. I am going to collect things so I can buy a bird. I am really excited about getting a bird. Smiley

Today was a good day for me decluttering.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Very Fuddles Christmas by Frans Vischer
Walk in Their Shoes: Can One Person Change the World?
A Great Game by Stephen J. Harper
Tim Conway: What Are You Reading?
Christy Haubegger: The Starting Line
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...