A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 123332 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1460 on: April 18, 2010 11:37:51 AM »

This week I'm going to tackle the stack of fabric and old sweaters I've got lying around waiting to be made into cushion covers.
That sounds very cool- can't wait to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1461 on: April 18, 2010 03:03:47 PM »

We built a raised bed for our seedlings. I have pictures-I just need to take them off the camera. We are gonna have tons of salad. One of my frugal goals this week is to use up leftovers. I am so bad about throwing out leftovers. Such a waste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeJa
« Reply #1462 on: April 18, 2010 04:28:12 PM »

I have been away but my WIP remains decluttering the entire house (7 rooms). I figure it took about 15 years to get to this point so a few months (or even more) is reasonable. Plan to get most of it done before summer break so I don't spend the entire summer organizing. Two large boxes ready to take to shredder. More items are waiting to be scanned and recycled or shredded.

Frugal living: Took own lunch to work all week and only spent about $5 on "snacks." Had an $8 coupon for TGIF so went there for dinner Friday (was out of leftovers) and had a little something left for Saturday. My server tried to save me more money and it backfired, BUT I got a coupon for a free appetizer for another day.

Pixieval your craft room looks great ... I am working my way to that point. Since the insulators have been here and forced me to move everything it is helping me to slowly go through stuff as I move it out of the middle of the floor. Since I am single and childless AND rarely have company I can move things back into place at my leisure amidst all of my other commitments. If I at least work on the living room and the craft room I can get back to doing a few crafts and get some products rolled out. So many ideas, so so little time.  Cry

OK, break over ... getting set up to scan while watching my Sunday night line up. Have a happy frugal week everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
CraftyDeJa
« Reply #1463 on: April 18, 2010 04:29:18 PM »

We built a raised bed for our seedlings. I have pictures-I just need to take them off the camera. We are gonna have tons of salad. One of my frugal goals this week is to use up leftovers. I am so bad about throwing out leftovers. Such a waste.

Would salad greens work good in a container?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 18, 2010 10:24:08 PM »

Would salad greens work good in a container?

Craft did a blog entry about growing microgreens in a container. http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2010/04/grow_your_own_microgreens_insi.html#more
I'm planning  on planting some spinach in a container, so I hope it works out.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
cat2007
« Reply #1465 on: April 19, 2010 03:31:18 AM »

Shocked spent yesterday evening playing in dirt...Mixing it that is, I planted 7 more containers with Stevia (I probably could have broken it up in to 4 plants but didn't know if I should as this is my first attempt to grow it), Roma Tomato, Better Boy Tomato, auburn Tomato's 2 (still have 4 left from the flat which I'll probably give to my neighbors), Serano Chile Pepper, and 2 georgia sweet onions (gifted to me by my ds friends mother).  We went to town yesterday and ds turned in 4 xbox360 games @ gamestop, I went to walmart and got some more lettuce mixed seeds (curly leaf, escarole, italian blend, and two others that I can't remember).

I'm trying to get myself geared up to do spring cleaning and thus far I'm having no luck... I have to clean out my food pantry which I was just going to toss the food items that we wont eat but after some thought and a visit to a friend I realized that I could gift it to him and when I asked him he's like "sure I'll take it''. 

I've got to set up an appt to view a manufactured home that he told me about that is for sale in my area, I want to "if" it's priced in my budget move it to a lot on my fathers property as he's getting on in yrs and is need to be 'helped out', and I want my kids to be able to see how I grew up with (chickens, growing a garden, tromping through the woods, having animals).  it's taken me six yrs to save to put down a large chunk of change on a home for us.

I discovered this over the weekend, the last time I had work done on my car the mechanic broke off 8 prongs that fit in slots for the piece on the dash under my steering column. Of course this was mths ago and yesterday to glue he used decided to come loose. I was so upset mainly because he didn't tell me that it happened just covered it up. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1466 on: April 19, 2010 05:41:42 AM »

Ooh, Cat, your mechanic is a dink. Wow. But yay on the new potential house, whoo hoo! I wish you were my mommy, I want to live with chickens and dirt and a grandad!

I'm still destashing and organizing. I sent 2 more pickup loads to the thrift store and have another to go, I honestly don't understand how so much fit in this house 'cause it doesn't seem a whole lot less crowded here. Weird. but I'm feeling good bout letting go of some of this stuff, I moved it all the way from BC 4 years ago and it's just been sitting around in closets and basements doing nothing. Like the fish tank we'll never fill with fish again (pain in the butt!) and the piano (though that still hurts a bit to let go of). I'm spring cleaning like a demon.

I've been telling lots of friends about the tp tube seed starters so thanks again for that tip. It's going to help out a whole lot of gardeners this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1467 on: April 19, 2010 06:07:09 AM »

wow cat--I never thought about growing my own stevia plant!  I go through bags of the stuff and it is expensive to buy!

craftylittlemonkey--you continue to inspire me to get rid of stuff...I feel great getting one room almost done!  We also let go of a Hammond organ this year...it was taking up so much room and no one was playing it!  I got rid of the fishtanks several years ago and do not miss them at all...now to let my collection of African violets die...

We will be getting our big trash bin at the end of May so I have been pushing stuff out into the garage in preparation...

I did manage to throw a few lettuce seeds for a second crop and prime my birdhouse...

kittykill--please post pics of your garden--this thread is woefully short of pics--thank goodness craftylittlemonkey posted a bunch as I get pic withdrawal fast!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
cat2007
« Reply #1468 on: April 19, 2010 06:39:42 AM »

well I bought a tube of adhesive fix-it from the dollar tree yesterday and a pk of industrial strength velcro.  I had a loose door handle on Waylon (my car), dd broke it back in the winter it snapped where the screw held the handle to the door... well I tried the fix-it (without reading the instructions) it wouldn't hold.... read the box- waited 10 mins and thus far it's held.  when it warms up a bit I'll go do the same with the other part.  

I have always wanted to try raising stevia since I bought my first bottle of powdered stevia at gnc back in 1998.  so I bite the bullet the plant is already 8 ins high, I am going to try to sprout some as from what I've read the bush will last usually 2 yrs before you have to replace it.  

I will try to get some pics later today of my garden and post them.
took these earlier:
my serrano pepper I had to hold it up (not sure if it will survive)                         

okra

roma tomato

stevia

georgia sweet onions

my red potatoes

sorry for the big pics I don't know how to shrink them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010 10:13:22 AM by cat2007 - Reason: 2+ pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #1469 on: April 19, 2010 02:28:05 PM »

Awesome! Here is the bed we built yesterday. I'll post before and afters of the back area once it's completely done.

We had helpers....

We now have 3 beds. One strictly for raspberries and then two others for veggies and fruits. We have our strawberries in a container and they are doing well too. The one that the dogs are playing in needed to be weeded so bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Succeed at Rock Paper Scissors
How to Succeed on Jeopardy
How to Succeed on Wheel of Fortune
How to Succeed on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
How to Succeed on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...