A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 120193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Casey1201
« Reply #1360 on: April 08, 2010 07:54:17 AM »

Yeah we tried those space bags for bed linens and the ones that didnt tear, expanded back to normal over time. Craftydeja- You can do it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1361 on: April 08, 2010 05:27:51 PM »

Loving the April theme, I took a couple of weeks off to finish up some WIPs and it felt really good to get some things finished, especially when I'd promised those things to people a while ago, very therapeutic!

Still have WIP projects that need completing and most of them are dresses, nice to know that I have 3 or 4 new articles of clothing that just need hemming then I can wear them, and they are Spring/Summer too  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1362 on: April 08, 2010 09:42:00 PM »

To all of you who's stash is pushing you out of the house... I'm SO Jealous! Ha! Ha!
I went into the Goodwill on the way home, since I know that sometimes one can get lucky in the craft supplies. Since The stuff they had was things I could live without, I didn't buy anything. I was hoping to find crochet cotton. The only bag of it there, the pieces were all chopped and braided together, in 4-5 ft. braids. I wonder what that was about? Since I didn't feel like dealing with a lot of ends, I let it go. In the same bag was someone's crocheted lace, about 10-20 yards of it. BUT, it was ecru, and I didn't have a use for it. If I had money to waste, I'd have bought it, just for swap stash. Same with the other baggies of "Vintage" sewing notions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeJa
« Reply #1363 on: April 08, 2010 09:48:17 PM »

Yeah we tried those space bags for bed linens and the ones that didnt tear, expanded back to normal over time. Craftydeja- You can do it!!!

Thanks Casey, since I live alone I can take my time. I don't get much company so things can stay in a bit of disarray without any problems. Tax stuff is buried so I will file an extension. No worries since I usually never owe. That being said, my April ... May ... June WIP will be reorganizing/decluttering entire house. Once that is done on to painting rooms.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
lylacfey
« Reply #1364 on: April 08, 2010 10:41:45 PM »

I promised myself no posting on boards until I tackled the auto vector problem with my Bosskut Gazelle. I knew it was user error. I was right. I nailed it tonight. I was jumping up and down in excitement. I am so happy. Now, I can make my own files.

I only work on one project at a time. I always keep neat in a little box. I am not good with WIP's laying around.

I have done nothing, except study my BossKut Gazelle. This is very frugal since I am not doing anything, lol.

I hope to get back to crafting next week since I got two big geek projects done.

Next week I am cleaning my porch of all the Winter yuck so I can start buying some herbs. I am going to skip my seeds this year and do them next year when I feel stronger. Big thank you everyone for the tips. I bought herbs a few years back. They were really frugal. They lasted me for years. Then we had a disastrous ice storm that destroyed my garden. So for all whose reading this or posting that doesn't want to do seeds either I hope to have some great frugal plant buying tips for this months challenge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1365 on: April 09, 2010 07:45:03 AM »

I wish I could only do one thing at a time!  But, when it comes to sewing, I like to cut out all my fabrics at one time for several projects so I don't have to clear the dining table, bring out my cutting board, etc.  I try not to do more than 4-6 projects.  Quilts take up a lot of space even when they are all cut out...I keep all pieces in a plastic bag or in plastic bins...

I can't believe that my workspace is cleared!!!  I need to get one more drawer type plastic bin and then all of my fabrics will be contained!  I still need to go through each bin and log the yardage and put it into an excel schedule like my yarn--that will take a while, so I am still going to have to hunt for fabric in bins until I can get that done...I generally know about what bin holds what type of fabric...I think... Smiley

This weekend is going to be more gardening...I found the cutest birdhouse to decorate!  I read on my acrylic paints that they were non-toxic...does that mean for birds as well?  I would not want to kill any birds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1366 on: April 09, 2010 11:47:12 AM »

off line for ages, can't read all these pages! But I LOVE the tip on this page about hanging fabric on hangers, of course! D'uh! I'll be doing that for sure, I have too much in totes and never can find a thing. I think those hangers for pants that have several rows of clips going down would be terrific.

Sold 3 monkeys and left 2 more in a friend's shop in the city. Crafting that pays for itself it da bomb! Still working on organizing, it's an endless process for me, le sigh. But I've been collecting toilet paper tubes for seeds so fingers crossed I actually get to plant something this year, even if it is only flowers because the dirt in our yard is so iffy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1367 on: April 09, 2010 12:02:56 PM »

congrats on your sales!  additional money is always a good thing!

I have those closet hanging space saving things...never liked them for clothes...but maybe a good idea to organize my WIPS!

can you plant in pots?  I grow all my herbs in pots outside...I just buy nice potting soil in those huge bags...most of my soil is clay or slate...I am on a rocky mountain...

I have some of my tp tubes seeded with cucumber, loofah, eggplant and squash...I wanted to do more flowers this weekend but I need more tubes so I might make newspaper ones...

My biggest frugal score: colored plastic bags!!!  Everyone at work brought in their colored bags for me!  I am making some plastic pots and coasters...also, got a bunch of wire baskets that they use to haul golf balls in...not sure what to use them for, but they look cool!  I was thinking of using them to hang on my fence...

I can see my desktop!!  Slowly but surely...I am getting there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1368 on: April 09, 2010 12:23:25 PM »

LOOFAH! Gah, you are my gardening hero right now. I want to grow some loofah too.
I could container garden (a good idea anyhow 'cause we have bunnies galore) but have to get the containers and that's not going to be free or cheap I don't think. Plus soil. No money for this project, not unless I sell a hundred sock monkeys and let me tell you, even making 6 at a time burned me right out. I have to take a break from the socks if  still want to love them any.

Perhaps I can employ my free labour source (children, haha) in tilling the back yard a bit. Give them some shovels and pokey sticks and tell them to look for treasure. Mean mom, I know, and I'd make them eat any veggies we grow back there too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1369 on: April 09, 2010 12:26:31 PM »

I am beginning to think having free child labor might be the best frugal tip of all... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Glittering Candles
How to Win At Arm Wrestling
How to Win At Thumb Wrestling
How to Make Clay Animals
How to Make a Single Flower Dome Arrangement
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...