A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
775 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 120260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EnginerdLisa
« Reply #650 on: February 28, 2010 11:28:25 AM »

For February I made a crochet body scrubber.  Thanks to Mare Mare for the pattern.  The project wouldn't really be all that frugal since it used almost a half skein of yarn, but it was stash yarn, so it was frugal in this case.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #651 on: February 28, 2010 12:10:56 PM »

I made terry swiffer covers for this months theme.  Everything was stash. The best thing was that the towels were given to me by my neighbor making them totally free.  Woohoo, can't beat free.  I received the buttons from a swap.

Swiffer cover done in retro 70s pink towel with an old brown bath towel for the inside.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 02:57:23 PM by Disco Queen Highness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
trinashere
nerd and a half.

(witty comment goes here)

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 28, 2010 02:08:37 PM »

I've had some trouble with my internet connection lately and didn't follow this thread the last couple of pages.  Undecided

But I wanted to show off the things I made for this month's theme:

Swiffer covers inspired by this post:

I used leftover acrylic yarn and I love them. I think they work even better then the disposable ones. I made one out of cotton to use for mopping but it didn't work. It streched out so much it almost fell of the swiffer. I know I have some old towels lying around somewhere and I'm propably going to cut them up to sew some swiffer covers.

Loved your cover! It was so cool to see you were inspired by my post! That's never happened to me before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The art of losing isn't hard to master; so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster. ~ Elizabeth Bishop
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #653 on: February 28, 2010 02:10:04 PM »

Found a stack of old tires put out to curb as trash down the street.  Slowly lugging them home to stack them in my backyard for this year's potatoes a la the instructions in The Urban Homestead.  Saves me having to come up with a big trashcan or other bin.

Free entertainment:
Newly addicted to this podcast:  http://www.mathforprimates.com/

Been reading through recipe books and old magazines.  Oh man, I cannot NOT wait to have fresh tomatoes and basil in the backyard!  *sigh*

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 02:13:26 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
CraftyDeJa
« Reply #654 on: February 28, 2010 06:14:38 PM »

I want to make a matching wet bag and dish towels but I have way too many projects on my to do list right now.

These are nice. Tell me, what is a wet bag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
lylacfey
« Reply #655 on: February 28, 2010 11:02:08 PM »

I am not doing this month's challenge either. I made lots of items but I make them all the time so I don't know if they are post worthy. You know like 'Hey, here's my can of homemade carpet deodorizer!" ROFL!

The swiffer covers are making me want a swiffer again. Smiley

I finished JOW! I spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. It was fun but I am worn out, ROFL! I am not complaining so please don't think that.

I am setting here thinking I now have all this time to really organize my craft room and get back to writing. I am so excited.

I finally got my die cut machines organized after testing, grumbling, testing some more, cussing, testing even more and the winner is.......

Cricut with SCAL. Honestly, I tested all the vectoring software and SCAL did the best. Yes, I tested Make the Cuts too.

Now, I can sale most of my die cut machines. I am so excited. I want to get some new crafting items and this will help my budget a lot.

The vectoring testing was really hard and took me two months to work on. You know these machines are not cheap and I was lucky enough to literally have them all. In the end the most frugal choice for me is the Cricut with SCAL.

I have two projects done that were major and now I can concentrate on other things which will help me be more frugal.

I just noticed we are up too 66 pages on the FrugalALong. We are really chatty. It's Aiki's fault, lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
silk81
« Reply #656 on: March 01, 2010 12:49:55 AM »

These are nice. Tell me, what is a wet bag?
It's a bag that's lined with something waterproof so it's easy to clean from the inside. You can throw your used and somewhat soiled un-paper towels into it until they go into the laundry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish my lipstick was a little more ... HALLUCINOGENIC!

Join the Boy Clothes Sewalong
amymisha
« Reply #657 on: March 01, 2010 07:12:55 AM »

For February I made a bunch of things for the Frugal Living Swap that fit the category. Of course, I am an idiot and didn't take pictures, so I am borrowing them from RottenLittleBoys...

I made felted dryer balls (I LOVE making these!!!)

And I made felted soaps (which I also adore making!)

I also made her some pan scrubbies out of onion bags. I love that swap...it was so much fun. : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #658 on: March 01, 2010 08:26:02 AM »

well, let's see....this month i made the following:

6 cloth pads/pantyliners
2 pairs of underwear from clothes with stains, etc.
1 wetbag for the kitchen cloths, sponges, etc.

its not much, but im excited about it!  these are really my first steps, so im good with what i did get done   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastor m.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #659 on: March 01, 2010 03:33:45 PM »

Between my brain going "OH MY GOD I'M PREGNANT" at me all the time and the Olympics, I have not gotten much done lately! I have been putting the word out about the baby in the hopes to snag lots of hand me downs from family and friends, so I guess that is frugal. Tomorrow is finally my doctor's appointment, so it will be nice to have confirmation that everything looks good.

I've been sick with a cold for almost a week, so I haven't gone out and spent money much. Groceries were pretty frugal last week too, so that was nice.

My husband and I cleaned the garage yesterday. There are some things we will probably throw away that cost us a decent amount of money. That was kind of a bummer, but, they are things that haven't worked out or that don't fit into out life anymore, so it is better to just get rid of them instead of keeping the clutter. We did get it cleaned up enough to put both cars into the garage though, so that was definitely good.

I went to the thrift store today because I was itchy to get out and DO something. I bought a few sweet baby things - but don't tell my husband! He definitely thinks it's too early. Well, it is too early, but, oh well. I will tuck them away for several months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
C&C Try: DIY Beauty Face Masks
How To Fix Broken Makeup
Karlie Kloss Reveals How She Got In Shape For VS Fashion Show
The 5 Luxury Gifts You Should Splurge on This Holiday Season
How to Get Glam with Gretchen: Applying Fake Eyelashes
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...