A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 308,210
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 217
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 194407 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 20, 2010 02:24:00 PM »

I agree with listening to your body.  It will definitely tell you when you are eating too much of the wrong thing or lacking in something else.  I know when I have eaten the wrong thing, without even looking at the label to see what the ingredients look like.

And I also agree about taking baby steps.  If you try to change everything about your diet all at once, it sends your body into shock.  You definitely need to do things a little at a time.  I had a med tech tell me once that it only takes four days to make or break a habit.  If you make one little change every four or five days, it doesn't take much to end up with healthy habits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 122 done

Just married...after 22 years of unwedded bliss.
CraftyDeJa
« Reply #591 on: February 20, 2010 05:17:25 PM »

I asked my four and a half year old what she wanted to wear this morning and she said, "I want you to make me something to wear."  So I made her a skirt from the cut off bottoms from hubby's pants.  They had a huge hole in the knee and I cut them off a few days ago and made them into shorts.  So I had two legs and didn't know how to use them.  Skirt for Jenny!  She's super happy, too. Cheesy
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/176114_20Feb10_007.JPG

And super cute too!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 02:24:31 PM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
lylacfey
« Reply #592 on: February 21, 2010 05:37:34 AM »

Disco Queen Highness- Congratulations to your DD. I am so happy for her. I love to hear when our lil' ones get a great opportunity for education. I think $200 is cheap and the school can concentrate on teaching instead of fund raising. I love this.

Diets and politics are touchy subjects so I just stay out of it, ROFL.

Your lil' one is soooo cute itchy.

Frugal Things I did today.

Went to the library to get lots of delicious books and movies. I love the Interlibrary loans. The best thing ever.

You know you shop at Big Lots way too much when you have a reward card and the cashier tells you "Wow, you have six purchases already for your reward points!" ROFL!

DH & I love Big Lots. Between Big Lots and Dollar Tree we can kill most of our shopping list.

I got a beautiful bead storage container that originally retailed for $50. I paid $12.

I bought my cats a $3 scratching pad. This has been soooooo much fun in my home. They are driving me crazy, lol. I can't stop laughing at them and I love every minute of it. Cheap thrills.

I went to WalMart and spent $25 on crafts, beauty items and groceries. I love getting out of WalMart so cheap.

Then we came home and watched the Roku. I love my Roku.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/faerydreams/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2010 02:42:58 PM »

Well, my FrugALong friends... I have NEWS. My husband is worried this news is going to cost us a fortune, but i think we can do it pretty frugally if we plan ahead.

What is the news?

I'm pregnant.  Grin We've been trying for 2 years, so, it was a surprise to finally see a positive result. Pretty funny too as the day before I ordered more ovulation prediction kits. I wasn't expecting success! I will pass them on to my cousin who is also trying though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2010 02:49:20 PM »

Oh my, oh my, oh my! Congratulations to the twothree of you!

Well, my FrugALong friends... I have NEWS. My husband is worried this news is going to cost us a fortune, but i think we can do it pretty frugally if we plan ahead.

What is the news?

I'm pregnant.  Grin We've been trying for 2 years, so, it was a surprise to finally see a positive result. Pretty funny too as the day before I ordered more ovulation prediction kits. I wasn't expecting success! I will pass them on to my cousin who is also trying though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2010 02:50:55 PM »

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE')!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs, hugs, hugs, HUGS, HUGS*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2010 02:54:08 PM »

Wow, impressive Aiki  Tongue And thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 22, 2010 03:12:05 PM »

Congrats cjclark!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2010 03:18:17 PM »

Oh, Chris, I'm SOOOOO happy for you guys!!  Congratulations!!  I've really felt for you..making me things for the baby in the 10 minute swap and knowing you really wanted to be pregnant - I was hoping this news would come soon. Cheesy  

And really, yes, kids cost money, but not a ton in the beginning, especially if you are able to and choose to breastfeed (the frugal way!).  A lot of the costs of kids later on are just personal choices - do we put them in private schools, multiple sports per year, music lessons, do we buy them all sorts of toys and brand name clothes?  It is possible to get by just fine - you will spend money on what you feel is most important.  I know you have a good head on your shoulders and will make the most frugal decisions. Grin

This is a day for good news - my hubby's cousin and his wife just had their baby - still don't know what they had - and two friends here had baby boys today - one of them on her bathroom floor at 3:00 this morning.  Maybe not good news to her as far as location goes, but everything is fine, so it's all good.  I'm getting antsy for this kiddo..but still have about eleven weeks left to wait.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Lylanni
« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2010 03:23:51 PM »

Oh my gosh congrats to you and your hubby cjclark!!!

All this baby talk is making me so wistful hehe.  I miss having little ones running around underfoot.  Hubby and I had to stop at one unfortunately, but I'm thankful for the one I have Smiley  Congrats to all the new mommas-to-be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 217 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...