A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,344
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 146114 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

veganruthie
« Reply #510 on: February 13, 2010 06:54:17 AM »

CJ my husband and I went to a play at a local university on v-day when we first got married, it was great!

Pops that sounds AWESOME! Post pics!

Crafty - You just reminded me of my overdue fines, accckkk! When you are so busy doing home remodeling and everything sometimes the library books get overdue, time to find a crafty solution!

I got an awesome book yesterday called Applique Your Way, and am very excited about trying out some of the suggestions. I also made my crafty spreadsheet -- or at least the beginning of it. I have 4 embroidery projects I need to finish by the end of Feb, 2 for swaps, 1 for a bday present and 1 for work. I think I may try freezer paper stencils for the bday present one though as embroidery can take awhile!

I'm a little overwhelmed with the amount of stuff going on this weekend. My husband and I started a diet (sparkpeople.com) because when we were thinking what to make for v-day we realized we'd rather start living healthier than indulging in cakes and dinners out. How romantic is that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #511 on: February 13, 2010 08:08:42 AM »

Ruthie - my husband and I are doing weight watchers together and we are really enjoying it. It's fun to work together on a "project" like this. We try new foods and recipes often and just take time to enjoy cooking together. And everyone once in awhile we have figuring out how we can go be "bad" without it actually being too bad for us. Like we go to the all you can eat salad bar and stuff ourselves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: February 13, 2010 08:38:27 AM »

Ah, may I pimp my newest project here? I needed a frugal V-Day decoration and cut down my fabric stash. Solution?

Check here.http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=337976.msg3910779#msg3910779

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 13, 2010 12:29:21 PM »

I made something small but cleaning related! Dusting cloths from scrap fleece and fabric I had in my stash. Of course if I hadn't backed them I could use both sides, but sometimes cute has to win.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
silk81
« Reply #514 on: February 13, 2010 02:05:28 PM »

Does anyone know a recipe for dishwasher detergent without borax? Not because of the toxicity but because I don't know where to get it. I could buy it online but that way I would spend more than on regular dishwasher detergent.
One thing I loved about living in the US was that it seemed that you could buy anything right around the corner. At least when comes to crafting/DIY.
The city I live in  now doesn't even have a decent fabric store Tongue

Would anyone of you be interested in sharing recipes? There seem to be quite a few of us who make their own bread. And I bet there are a lot of other tasty things out there as well.
I just started a new thread in the Cooking section:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=55.0
I was thinking of a recipe only thread and all the chatting over here.
I try to translate my favourite bread recipe tomorrow.
But right now I'm working on my husband's birthday present so maybe it will take a day or two longer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish my lipstick was a little more ... HALLUCINOGENIC!

Join the Boy Clothes Sewalong
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #515 on: February 13, 2010 02:09:51 PM »

My swap box from lydiaharper came today, and she included 3 cooling racks she found for me at her local Goodwill.  Yeah!  My best friend's in Jonesboro at Sam's Club right now and is checking on bulk yeast for me.  I have received 1 bread pan in a swap and will, hopefully, have a 2nd sometime soon.  Ideally, I'm aiming for 4.  But, I do have some recipes that only call for 2.  Me baking bread is on the horizon!

Thank you for starting that thread in the cooking section.  

ETA:  Rhoda just called and is bringing me a 1 lb. container of yeast.  She said she didn't even want me to pay for her it because I'd gotten some treats for her kids earlier when we got together during the bad weather cabin fever days.

Also, I got another treasure in the mail today - the Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds catalog.  WONDERFUL!  Kiddo and I have already decided that Dragon's Tongue beans have to be a part of our order.  LOL

Rain has moved in.  Will go to sleet and snow as night progresses.  All the way through tomorrow and tomorrow night.  Very little snow accumulation expected.  That's good given that the last 2 snows haven't even finished melting yet.  Big worry is icing on roads.  Tomorrow will be a stay home, dry, and warm day.  Lots of crafting if I can keep this migraine at bay (meds are kicking in, but I still feel crummy) and get my back to loosen up (I can walk upright finally this afternoon, but the hurting and weakness are still there.  *sigh*).

Got my electric and gas bills today.  Total over $200.  Could just cry.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010 03:01:47 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 13, 2010 03:52:35 PM »

Does anyone have much experience growing fruits/veggies in an apartment? I saw that they had lots of tasty starter plants for various berries at Home Depot, but all I've grown inside is a succulent and a baby pine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #517 on: February 13, 2010 06:28:14 PM »

Got my electric and gas bills today.  Total over $200.  Could just cry.

Utility bills suck when winter hits.  We're fortunate in that we know what to expect and have budget billing that gets spread out over the year so we always pay the same every month.  But I can't even imagine being somewhere that you weren't expecting that kind of winter and having those bills hit you!! 

I made the mistake of going to a Pampered Chef party today...and really liking everything.  I was telling myself that as much as I liked certain things I wouldn't be getting anything..but then I remembered the money my dad is paying me to make scarves for his fiance.  So I'm going to get a few things but keep the full total (shipping and handling + tax) below that amount.  I can actually get quite a few useful kitchen gadgets for about what I would pay at Wal Mart or possibly less..so that's nice.   Oh, and they have a double sided pastry roller that is small enough to use right into the corners on a cookie sheet - so now I can make crackers right on the pan and roll them nice and thin without having to transfer over from the counter. Cheesy

Yes...I could put that money in savings or use it for groceries...but I think I'll just cut out my "personal" money for a month...that should make me feel better about it.    I hope....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #518 on: February 13, 2010 07:14:46 PM »

So what's y'all's take on homemade pasta and frugality?  I don't want one of those expensive pasta machines  Roll Eyes , but I'm thinking about one of those things that looks like guitar strings. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
EKO

http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: February 13, 2010 07:44:04 PM »

silk81- I have not tried this one yet but  here it is a recipie with out borax for the dish washer

1/2 teaspoon of citric acid and 1 teaspoon natural liquid castile soap

for each load.  make sure there is no added sls in the soap.  the recipie i have with borax also uses citric acid it is a good grease cutter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit me at my blog
http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

Current swaps
sss23- all sent and all received.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choi Sum Sweet Corn Soup
How to Make Vegetarian Chi Qua Soup
How to Make Vegetarian Fried Kuay Diu Part 1/2
How to Make Vegetarian Fried Kuay Diu Part 2/2
How to Make Tofu Fried Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...