A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 130926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2320 on: June 29, 2010 07:03:25 AM »

A whole box of wipes J_Kieviet? Wow, that's an amazing amount of wipes. Some un-paper towels would be a Great idea for her! I used to make my own wipes, the solution is easy to prepare (has mild liquid soap in it, sometimes glycerin, tea tree oil etc). Google for some recipes, you'll find tons of variety. It can be kept in a small spray bottle and just misted on baby, then wiped off.

Mmm fritatta. I want some for breakfast... I think we're getting fresh juice though, my mom's in the kitchen doing something.

Ysmeine, do you have any chicory growing near you? You can roast those roots for "coffee" too. Purslane is one of my absolute favourite weeds, it's also called pigweed which makes the kids laugh. It's very tender and delicious, even later on in the summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
J_Kieviet
« Reply #2321 on: June 29, 2010 09:27:58 AM »

A whole box of wipes J_Kieviet? Wow, that's an amazing amount of wipes. Some un-paper towels would be a Great idea for her!

I buy the box of 40 cheap ones since the lid almost always gets lost, but still $1/week is $52/year - I'd rather buy paint and supplies than cleaning stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
cat2007
« Reply #2322 on: June 29, 2010 02:25:49 PM »

saved $6000 today by closing out our cking acct. THE STORY thus far: ordered ck from checks unlimited at the end of last mth, required signature for cks well little ole brown decided to leave them *they went to memphis, and were left on the doorstep of apt, no note or anything, called today got tracking number from CU.com, then called bank and was told 'better safe than sorry' so 3 hrs, one rainstorm, later and new free cks are on their way AGAIN.  this time I know for sure they are coming to my house.  so that was my frugal today, didn't do any shopping in town.

got the daybed up last night, kids love it (once we finally figured out how to get the trundle to work it will go either 2 twins or 1 full when trundle is extended)
oh wait I did do something, I picked plums to make some jelly have them soaking now will fix jelly tomorrow.  we love plum jelly but I'm selfish and wont let the kids have any.... I'm a mean mama. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
J_Kieviet
« Reply #2323 on: June 29, 2010 07:43:24 PM »

So I wasn't really frugal, but sort of frugal, I had bought fabric for nieces party dress, but then I was told Island princess barbie, not the all pink barbie, so I went to town and found the fabric $2/meter but 50% off for the base, and the tule was .80/m for the majority, and $3/m but 50% off for the little extra bits I may use.  Dor a total of  $9, she will be island princess, maybe even little sis will get one, we'll see.  As for the pink, I'm thinking "princess of the piggy's" as she is currently CRAZY about pigs

On a side note, does anybody know of a way to make your own glitter fabric paint, it's way to expensive to buy it online, and nobody around her sells it.  thanks for any ideas, I bought solid blue fabric and it needs the glittery swirls on it now
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010 07:45:28 PM by J_Kieviet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2324 on: June 30, 2010 08:34:40 AM »

So many great frugal projects have been posted this month, I canít wait until the 1st to do the drawing for the Visa Gift Card.

On a note that I am not so thrilled to announce, I am locking the frugalong thread down. It will still be available for everyone to view and browse for ideas, it will just not be available for new posts.

Although we have formed a lot of friendships in here, shared and learned so much, and have gone through hard times together, I feel as though this thread has moved very far away from what it was originally intended to be all about, Crafting frugally. Technically, this thread should have been moved to FOC Off Topic a long time ago, but I struggled and fought to keep us going alone in the pursuit of frugal crafting.

We have so many great crafty smart women in this thread, and I hope you will continue to post all around Craftster your amazing frugal projects so that more people can learn about the frugally crafting lifestyle. Right now though, I just donít feel like I have the time and energy to devote to our thread, and to keep us going in the right direction. I would not feel right leaving this thread being the one who started it, so that is what ultimately drove my decision to lock the thread.

I hope to see some of you on the FOC off topic Frugal thread
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=350174.0

And to review Craftsterís Community Rules:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=350367.0
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010 10:57:55 AM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2325 on: July 08, 2010 12:13:30 PM »

The winner of the final Frugalong Challenge was LaughingLark! Iíll be PMing you shortly for your address to mail the giftcard to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Gift Wrap a CD
How to Gift Wrap Small Items
How to Wrap Gift Baskets
How to Wrap a Box Shaped Gift
How to Gift Wrap a Circular Object
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...