A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 119706 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lylacfey
« Reply #1820 on: May 21, 2010 03:17:27 AM »

Lindsay- Big Welome to you.

CraftyLittleMonkey- Here's several of my galleries with some of my work. I love to do a lot of Print & Cut. I have a lot of Wishblade examples. The rest are my other die cutters. Some of these galleries have other crafts grouped in. I didn't make those on my die cutters, lol.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/lylacfey/Crafts/Cards/

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/lylacfey/Crafts/Christmas%202009/

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/lylacfey/Crafts/Ornaments/

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/lylacfey/Crafts/Paper/

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/lylacfey/Crafts/Paper%20Dolls/

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/lylacfey/Crafts/Rubber%20Stamps/

AlwaysInMyRoom- You know you can come to me about die cutter advice. Honestly! I am will help you get the best and most frugal one for your needs. I am blessed because my DH tells every one his favorite hobby is spoiling me. So most of the die cutter's moved in because of him. He's my biggest enabler. Smiley If he didn't do all of this I would still have a Wishblade.

Cassandra- Congratulations on the mattress deal. Wow! I am impressed.

I can say I am officially done with my craft room. It's perfect. I am serious this time. I worked really hard and very proud of it. It's my special little sanctuary. DH & I just love it.

I had a frugal spa day. I will never be MareMare. Even though I inspire to make beauty products like MareMare. Smiley

I do make a lot of my spa products. I can have my own spa days every week and it hardly costs anything.

Next week I definitely start my Spring Cleaning. I promised to get it done before meteorological Summer. That is June 1st. Smiley Storm chasers never think Solstice or Equinoxes for our Seasons. Smiley

It's my quiet time during Summer and I can craft. Have lots of great projects I want to do.

My home will be easy to Spring clean. I only have a few areas that need empty nester tweaking. I swear I hate clutter. I really honestly hate it. I have said before and I will say it always. Clutter makes me nervous.

My DS will be on Hoarders some day. I just know it, lol. Warning for all homeschool parents. You will earn the clutter. You won't think you will but wait till they go off to school. You will be surprised, lol.

I am not joking I think half our home was educational supplies. DH & I covered it all from foreign languages to cooking. It wasn't clutter back then only when he moved out. We didn't have a use for it. I donated it so now somebody else can use it.

Oh and I forgot about decluttering of books. I found a good balance. I still love my paper books. I am obsessed with my ebook reader. I am keeping them both. I will finish an eBook, switch and read paper, switch read eBook. I am reading a lot more since I got the eReader. I love it.

Next decluttering project the bathroom. It won't be hard. I just want to organize some items better. Of course get rid of all the expired items.  I think it will be a twenty minute job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1821 on: May 21, 2010 03:53:45 AM »

I posted this in response to pixieval on another thread, but decided it wasn't really appropriate there (It's a challenge thread)

thank you Tanza!  Kiss

I love your idea "clothing thats to small into something that fits and you would wear now."
dd is constantly outgrowing great stuff, that I need to figure out how to give it second life so she can wear it longer!

This blog has some awesome ideas on re-working little girl's clothing!

http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2010/02/making-her-clothes-last-part-one.html

http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2010/02/making-her-clothes-last-part-two.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Lindsay517
« Reply #1822 on: May 21, 2010 05:37:27 AM »

I posted this in response to pixieval on another thread, but decided it wasn't really appropriate there (It's a challenge thread)

thank you Tanza!  Kiss

I love your idea "clothing thats to small into something that fits and you would wear now."
dd is constantly outgrowing great stuff, that I need to figure out how to give it second life so she can wear it longer!

This blog has some awesome ideas on re-working little girl's clothing!

http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2010/02/making-her-clothes-last-part-one.html

http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2010/02/making-her-clothes-last-part-two.html

These are great ideas (plus the little girl is such a cutie). We always have clothes overload, having twins means you have twice as much. I'm not very handy with needle and thread, but I do make a point to donate it to our local CPS office. My mother is a foster parent, and she has said that many of the foster kids they get come with basically the clothes on their back. It's not "frugal", but it is giving back in my own way that doesn't cost anything..actually, I guess it is frugal!

Thanks for the welcome, everybody.

One project that I really need to do is to get the wonder twins' bedrooms cleaned and organized. I keep eyeballing storage units at ikea which I can't afford, but I think if I dig through our garage, I could make something just as handy and even more creative. And cheaper!

One quick question:
I'm thinking about planting a small herb garden..since dried herbs are way too spendy, and I prefer them fresh anyway..
What would be the best herbs to start with? I'm just starting out my green thumb this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. -Ernest Hemingway
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1823 on: May 21, 2010 06:42:19 AM »

I think herbs are the easiest things to grow!  You can grow a lot of herbs in one pot as well...I grow basil, parsley, thyme, cilantro, sage (3 kinds) and mint...the mint should be in a container unless you don't care that it takes over!  I eat them fresh but I also dry them...they kind of like to b e abused...no need to add fertilizer or too much water...if you are putting them into the ground, you might need to watch the bunnies--they love parsley!!  I grow extra for the monarch butterfly caterpillars...

have fun--pick what you like--they are all easy, I think!

lylacfey--I got a bit confused when you were talking about your die cut machines...for some reason, I thought they were huge pieces of equipment for cutting metal! Cheesy  I have a cricut expression that I got this year...I don't use it as much as I want to because the cartridges are very expensive...I do mostly altered art with found stuff and stamps..I am thinking of giving it to my sister as she likes to make a lot of cards

HOWEVER--I saw your paper dolls!!  I was wondering how you made those...my little great niece would love paper dolls and I would love making all the little clothes!  I think I would be willing to buy a cartridge for making paperdolls---and I was told that cricut supplies would be going on sale this summer in some big promotion! I just have not looked to see what is available because I am sewing more than doing paper stuff right now!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010 06:49:09 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1824 on: May 21, 2010 06:48:33 AM »

Thanks for the link Mare! That site is blocked at work, but I will check it out this weekend.

*waves* Hi Lindsay517! I'm glad you're joining us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1825 on: May 21, 2010 07:04:58 AM »

Oops, where did my post from yesterday disappear to? Switched pages too fast for dial up and missed it, oh well. I said tons of stuff, welcomes and great jobs etc. My impatience got the better of that post I guess.
Thanks for all the links Lilacfey, I'm off to my mom's today so I can actually look at them all on her computer. I'll check out those garden pics and that blog too, I have tons of things set aside to alter for my little sweet pea.

Yesterday I did SO MUCH WORK! Whew. Raked up the yard, swept the porches and walkways, recycling out, made soup, salad and biscuits, did dishes, sprayed for bugs around and inside the house with homemade insect repellant, moved all the carpets and did the floors, started on the studio. It was Crazy!
Today I have laundry, dishes, packing, taking stuff to the thrift store, and finding a craft to take with us that will keep me busy for a few days. My mom has proposed that we go to a huge annual yard sale by her house so I'm prepared to test my non hording resolve in a BIG way. I just have to remember how much work this was, how frustrating, how much time it stole from things I would rather have been doing, how much crafting I could have gotten done instead. It's so hard to resist cheap lovely treasures but I just don't want or need them. And I sure don't need any more crafting supplies!
Please guys, send me non-hording vibes this weekend. I need all the help I can get!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1826 on: May 21, 2010 07:21:37 AM »

I feel for you...summer is always packed with flea markets and yard sales...I find them hard to resist...I did stop by one today but only bought a few plants for cheap...

I carry a list of items in my pocket that I like to find at flea markets and try hard to stick to the list: stuffed animals for dog toys, fabric that can be used for napkins, teaspooons (where do they go?), etc.

Just remember how hard you worked to get to where you are!!! Positive NON-Hoarding vibes being sent your way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cat2007
« Reply #1827 on: May 21, 2010 11:45:05 AM »

AIMR- your teaspoons run away with my socks. it's a conspiracy I tellyou.

the sale is post[oned due to rain....this will give me time to finish up what I let slide the last 3 days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschbitch
Stitchin'

Music, crafts, and dogs...all good.

« Reply #1828 on: May 21, 2010 08:18:37 PM »

MareMare, could you share your rash-cream recipe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1829 on: May 21, 2010 08:28:33 PM »

Oh sure, I'm a little embarassed to call it a recipe! It's basically unrefined shea butter (unrefined is way better for skin conditions than refined), tea tree oil, and lavender essential oil. I'm allergic to virtually everything skin-wise but it clears up my dermatitis rashes in a snap!

You can either whip it up with a hand mixer and just whip the oils in, or you can melt it all down and then combine and let cool after pouring into containers. Some people feel that fully melting butters can damage some of the goodness in them, so it's your preference. I pretty much just add the essential oil "to smell" until it seems nice and strong. That's pretty awful of me though, if I had to guess I would say to 16 ounces of shea butter (by weight) I would add 6-12 mL each of lavender and tea tree. (I believe the pipettes I use hold 3 mL). I don't work in teaspoons usually, but I would start with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of each?

If anybody wants supplier info you can ask me or just check out the B&B board, we have some great supplier lists.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear a Cool, Sleeveless Jumpsuit
Dress Like a Fashion Icon This Halloween
Style Tips From Jenna Lyons
Project Runway Winner Announced
Style Sound-Off: Rihanna, Kim K, Nikki Reed
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...