A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,900
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 217
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 184862 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goldfishpollywog
Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1810 on: May 26, 2010 10:17:46 PM »

Miracle Whip?  really? hmmmm...

My loofah is perking up a bit, it has little thread like curls on the end.  Not sure what to help them grab.  Do I need to put a cage around them?  Does anyone know?  I've never grown loofah before and my squash doesn't act this way.

I need to make myself some lounging shorts and am thinking of using old shirts.  There was a tute up a while back, so I just need to find them and get busy.  We have no shortage of old tees.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
lylacfey
« Reply #1811 on: May 26, 2010 10:41:41 PM »

My kitchen is D-O-N-E!!!! Can you tell I am happy? LOL! It's a grown up kitchen now. Smiley I love it. We got rid of a lot. It's so nice and empty. It only has food DH & I will eat. DH & I don't eat a lot so our kitchen is actually pretty empty. We like it that way. My computer is next to the kitchen so I keep turning my head to admire it. I am really happy this room is done.

It took less than three hours. I have a pinched nerve in my back so my turtle can move faster than me. I think that was a lot of lag was me trying to put everything back after I washed out the cupboards. Plus, DH would clean out a cupboard. I would stop so I could go over things we wanted to get rid of.

That was my big frugal day. Smiley I am really, really, really happy it's done.

Tomorrow is the living room. That will be quick and easy.

AIMR- Plant those cabbages. They are beautiful plants. I guess don't plant them if you don't like cabbage, lol. If you do then you have a beautiful vegetable that is very decorative. A lot of gardeners use them as show pieces in their gardens.

cat2007- What is MW? Is that Miracle Whip? I have beginning age spots on my hand. I want them gone.

craftylittlemonkey- Watermelons can be tricky to grow. Growing up in Kansas I always saw the prettiest melons growing by the river banks. They love all that silt. You can grow some cute small ones in the ground. You want gorgeous huge melons try to plant them in 'Silt" dirt. This is what all my melon growing friends do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/faerydreams/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
cat2007
« Reply #1812 on: May 27, 2010 07:40:30 AM »

yes it's mircale whip salad dressing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

« Reply #1813 on: May 27, 2010 07:48:55 AM »

I went home and cleaned my kitchen, too--so glad to have that chore over for the weekend!  I did notice that my pantry was getting a bit disorganized due to hubby's weird phobia of running out of dry goods!  I will need to do a little tweaking there and maybe move out some of my decorative baskets so he has more room!

I do think it must be the vinegar...actually, vinegar is good for so many things! 

I think I will plant cabbages and a few cucumbers in the front yard! As far as loofah is concerned, they do send out tendrils to hold themselves up...I have mine growing against a trellis...you can use a tomatoe cage or make a bamboo teepee...I used two stakes and twine one year but the fruits are too heavy and made the twine sag!  I am hoping to buy a stevia plant this weekend!

I have never had luck growing any type of melons...they need so much water and rich rich dirt...I don't have that... Sad

Hope to see some of you hear this long weekend...but let's try to get some family and relaxing time in for sure!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

« Reply #1814 on: May 27, 2010 09:22:02 AM »

yeah--my living room is a disaster, too since I am working from the back of my house forward...I have a kitchen table that I put things under and then when I get company, I have a really large tablecoth! Cheesy

I hope not to have to do that for much longer... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cat2007
« Reply #1815 on: May 27, 2010 10:29:03 AM »

yes I think the loofah needs a support, i remember seeing a woman who used a old bed frame turned on the end with twine/wire ran across/up-down to make the support netting).   

good luck with the stevia  it is best to let it dry out between watering I water mine usually every other day and from the bottom don't get water on the leaves as it will burn the plant when the sun is hottest.

great job on the kitchen, want to help me finish mine?   I've gotten rid of the xtra table and am working on getting my floors cleaned (ugh I hate mopping)

now i'm off to get supplies for our cookout this weekend first place i;m lookin is my freezer to see what I do have. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog
Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #1816 on: May 27, 2010 05:33:10 PM »

Thanks cat!  I'll look for something to make it work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
LaughingLark
« Reply #1817 on: May 27, 2010 06:41:14 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm falling behind on my garden because of this stupid leg problem of mine. I hope I can get my sad little tomato plants in the ground tomorrow.

I was a little concerned because my leg wasn't ultrasounded, so today I went to a different doc. The leg really hurts! He noted my varicose veins, but pretty much ruled out blood clot. He thinks I have a benign fatty tumor that is painful because it's right above my knee on the back of my thigh. He ordered an ultrasound right away, and I went straight to the hospital from his office. I'll find out more about the ultrasound tomorrow. He didn't seem to think it's cancerous. I will probably get the thing removed as soon as I can.

If it is a tumor, I have tentatively named it "Bob", after an old flame from long ago that I was well rid of.  Smiley

Crafty things--
Owen, my nine year old, learned how to use his potholder loom yesterday. He didn't have the patience when he was younger. Now we will be making cardboard looms so he can weave with yarn. Frugal as can be.

I bought a memory card for my older camera today, and took the kids on a photography walk. Ian is still too young to hold a camera, but Owen has a real eye for composition. He took a bunch of fun photos around town. It seems that as we get older, we can sometimes lose the ability to "see" that kids have.

I think I might tear some pretty colored cottons I have into strips and try to make some folded/twisted roses. I need to vent my frustration about "Bob" and not knowing what he is (besides being a pain).  Smiley

I wish I could grow loofah. I kill them by looking at them. Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1818 on: May 28, 2010 12:32:56 AM »

Yay for Owen! I loved my potholder loom when I was little!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
lylacfey
« Reply #1819 on: May 28, 2010 04:03:44 AM »

Today I decluttered the living room. It is a very easy room to do since there is no clutter. DH deep cleaned the fan. I dusted out the cupboards. It was very easy. This weekend I am running errands, pre-cleaning the home. On Sunday I will deep clean my home and wash all the beddings and curtains.

LaughingLark- I am sending you the biggest hugs. Keep us updated. I am worried about you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/faerydreams/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 217 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
New Website Is a One Stop Shop for All Natural Beauty Products
7 Day Lipstick Challenge
Obsessed: Coconut Oil
Beauty Looks at Cavalli Spring 2015
Fashion Fix: Tips for Making Your Legs Look Longer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...