A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 119674 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cassandra
« Reply #1810 on: May 20, 2010 10:32:59 AM »

I'm behind on posts but wanted to share my frugal think I did...

We've been saving for a queen size mattress and had about 350 saved.  Well a friend gave me a nice KING size mattress and her mother sold me her hedboard/footboard/frame and nightstands for 75.00 so I got to spend the rest of the money we saved on a bedspread and decorative pillows!  WooHoo!  So I got a whole room makeover for LESS than what I was going to spend on a mattress alone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1811 on: May 20, 2010 12:05:50 PM »

Thanks, you guys, for the inspiration!  I am currently in between craft rooms...went from using the spare bedroom to the hallway/alcove/room thing (it's a really weird space) when my sister had to move in with us; now, the kitchen is so cluttered and unusable that now, hubby wants to use my hallway space for the pantry so we can have a bigger kitchen...so I am now being sent to this room we call the Orange Room.  It has orange walls and even an orange ceililng...and it's not a cute orange, lemme tell ya...sigh.  It's also kind of an added on room, with no insulation and not even one single window.  It's ALSO currently being used to house a whole bunch of storage stuff because our garage is full of our landlord's stuff...it's such a nightmare!  I have to clean up and reorganize the storage stuff as much as possible, and then try to fit a whole room's worth of craft stuff into one half of a 9 X 12 room...I don't even have dreams about being able to actually craft in there.  I just need to be able to get to the stuff to bring it out to the kitchen to work on.

ANYWAY - Now, I feel like I can tackle this knowing you guys are out there doing it too!!  I'm not in this CAL but I will still take before pics...and after if I get that far...lol!!  Thanks for the help you guys.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1812 on: May 20, 2010 12:14:18 PM »

Hi Lindsay! I know what it's like to have the kiddos have sensitive skin, it appears that my middle nephew has my crazy sensitive skin...I can't wear jewelry or have elastic, metal, lace, etc etc rub on my skin without getting a rash, and it seems that he's the only one in the household that gets bug bites (just like me).  If they get rashes frequently, I've got a great rash balm "recipe" (it's 3 ingredients lol) that is better than anything the doctor ever prescribed!

Always~ Don't you still have your Cricut? Or is that not considered a die cutter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1813 on: May 20, 2010 12:37:57 PM »

cassandra, thats lovely! doiesn't it feel just lovely to come to your own beedroom and feel peaceful and have just a little sanctuary?
good for you x

always- excellent job on the craft room, and remember what my mum always said "if you get it out, you put it away when you're done!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1814 on: May 20, 2010 12:48:31 PM »

I know, I know...I felt so bad because today I was in a hurry and I left my PJ's on the floor of the room and also my cereal bowl and coffee cup...and the hammer I used to nail up a picture and the paper I pulled out to make a card...I will clean it when I get home...keep reminding me ! Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010 12:52:11 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #1815 on: May 20, 2010 05:22:28 PM »

Great job on organization!  Hopefully my space will someday look as nice. 

Lately we have been out of doors, building up our garden.  Here is what it looks like now.

The front bed was put in last year, and has squash and tomatoes in it.  The back bed is peas and is doing quite well considering it was added this year.

Here is the bed next to it.  Again, the front is from last year this time with loofah and bell peppers.  The back bed is purple hull peas and an end of marigolds.

To save on energy costs, we decided at the last minute to add another small bed, this time in front of our A/C unit.
 In theory, the peas/beans will grow on the fence and shade the unit.  Next year, I will plant peas here instead of the black beans.  Unfortunately the strawberries aren't doing anything....I've never grown them before so Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1816 on: May 20, 2010 05:34:38 PM »

GFP- love the beds. I didn't know that about shading the A/C unit, brilliant! I would love to try that out in my yard, but I think the A/C is the dogs favorite thing to pee on.
Roll Eyes
dh is still promising to build my beds soon.. guess I should take my DIY self out there and get it done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #1817 on: May 20, 2010 05:38:09 PM »

pixieval- If you build them don't forget eye protection.  I almost got a splinter in my eye eventhough I was wearing glasses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1818 on: May 20, 2010 05:40:35 PM »

holy crap, I wouldn't have thought to put on safety glasses because I do wear glasses. Thanks for the tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1819 on: May 20, 2010 08:00:59 PM »

Your garden is so neat and organized!  I planted my tomatoes and most of my peppers...I did manage to get my marigolds planted but not my impatiens and other flowers...food first, flowers second! Cheesy

Doing my mother's garden this weekend...

I used my Joann's 50% off coupon today to buy another rotary cutter...I am using my old one for paper...I got tired of switching out those expensive blades!  In the long run, it should save me money in the number of blades I use each year...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Plate
Sewing: Dealing with Lower Thread Breaking
Sewing: Ensuring Tight Stitches
How to Choose a Sewing Machine
Sewing: Tips for Beginners
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...