A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 114180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LaughingLark
« Reply #1790 on: May 18, 2010 02:52:19 PM »

cat2007-- I need to do my under cabinets, too. I might vent my frustration on that this weekend if I can't get finished with the yard work that totally must be done because of rain. We are once again under a flash flood watch, and the part of the yard I need to do work on gets really mucky after a good rain, and the ground is still saturated here.

Alwaysinmyroom-- I found a tutorial for making these. Just make sure you will have enough fabric to end up with a long strip once you have the pieces sewn together;
http://www.homemademamas.net/2010/03/to-infinity-beyond.html

I will be trying this with big long sleeved silkies, but if you want to use sleeveless shirts, perhaps this idea might work. The scarf in the pic appears to be made of two colors:
http://womens-fashion.lovetoknow.com/Infinity_Scarf

Edited to add:
This one reminds me of kool-aid colors!
http://www.amazon.com/Azuri-Sweet-Sour-Infinity-Wrap/dp/B002MX1DCM

And here is what a scarf made from an old blouse of pretty printed silky fabric that you can't dye because it is synthetic might look like:
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=464192&CategoryID=26846&LinkType=PDPZ1
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 03:06:54 PM by LaughingLark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bellazeus

Crochet pattern illiterate.

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 18, 2010 08:07:04 PM »

Maybe being frugal means being tougher in some ways?

I think so.. there is no reason why my DH and I cant grow meat for ourselves.. we have the space.. we have the resources...it would financially make sense.. but I cant bring myself to kill anything. I know my grandparents wouldn't have hesitated for a second.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seriously in awe of the craft stashes that are on this forum.
I bow down to your awesomeness.
lylacfey
« Reply #1792 on: May 19, 2010 04:19:28 AM »

Today I got a lot done. My biggest to do was giving our Lionhead rabbit and Guinea Pig a bath. DH & I have survived. Our babies still love us and are much happier. We saved so much on grooming bills.

DH & I made a yummy chicken tortilla bake for dinner and dessert we had coffee cake muffins. They were so delicious. I will be making those all the time. They were cheap to make too.

LaughingLark- Congratulations to your DS. Now, you will start the first part of empty nester stage when he goes to college. Trust me it's an adjustment. My DS was an only so it was a lot harder.

AlwaysInMyRoom- Michael's take JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Archiver's and Robert's coupons.

JoAnn's takes competitor coupons but it varies from different stores which ones they will take.

HobbyLobby- Won't take competitor coupons at all.

I don't have an Archiver's near me but I know their coupon policy. They do take competitor coupons. At one time gave an extra 10% off.

I keep a pile of craft coupons in my wallet at all times. Oh and another thing about Michaels you can use a competitor and Michael's coupon on the same purchase. If you bought two items you can use two coupons.

craftylittlemonkey- I will take an updated pic of my paper stash today.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1793 on: May 19, 2010 06:11:09 AM »

I took pics of my newly cleaned, organized and destashed room!!!  I am so proud and happy to have accomplished this!

I started to tackle room #2 and it is going much faster now that I have experience in doing this!

Seriously, this is probably one of the biggest life altering challenges I have had this year...because it impacts a lot of areas in my life...wow--clutter is such a burden...it is like lylacfey said: the unwanted houseguest!

Pics tonight---and you guys will be shocked! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1794 on: May 19, 2010 06:20:06 AM »

Always- can't wait to see the pics!
LaughingLark thanks for all the great links!
I am a few days behind on our thread, and on my frugal crafty goals. I've been sick, so been very lazy with my Craftster and crafting times. But I can't wait to check out all those great links when I'm normal again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1795 on: May 19, 2010 06:20:35 PM »

Remember this mess?  I could barely open my door, had to shove everything to one side, hunt for stuff in boxes, move things from one spot to another...it was not an enjoyable way to craft....

Thanks to the encouragement and many tips and ideas for organizing and cleaning, I am now the master of my space!!!  I cannot tell you how proud and happy I am with this workable space...I can find things, which makes it very frugal as I do not buy duplicates or too much...I have given a lot of things to other craftsters who need supplies...and it is contagious as I am now working on other rooms!  Thank you thank you to lylacfey, who is a goddess in knowing what it feels like to live under the weight of a mess and clutter...to craftylittlemonkey for her energy and prodding and telling us about her own decluttering journey...to pixieval and maremare for posting their own reclaimed spaces!!!

Ta-da!!!
You can walk in and the floor is free!

My desk--workspace!! Everything in easy reach to be able to craft! My bulletin board is full of little cards and things from craftster swaps!  Same with the stuff hanging on the walls...

New shelves that I painted and hung...cd player for music to craft by...

Look--even under the counter I organized my stuff... Cheesy

ha ha I took way more pics but they are just for me to remember how wonderful it feels to have this finally done!

There are still things I need to do...touch up some paint, make a cushion for my chair, put up a better overhead light, etc. but I can do that a little at a time!  For now, it works!

So, how did I do for my decluttering project!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1796 on: May 19, 2010 06:41:49 PM »

always- looks awesome! Doesn't it feel so freakin' good to have that done? Have you crafted in the newly organized space yet? If you haven't, just wait for a most relaxed and happy feeling about crafting that you haven't felt in ages! Its like a crafting high..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1797 on: May 19, 2010 06:45:54 PM »

I go in every morning with my coffee and just sit a few minutes...I will be doing my inchies for the inchies swap over the weekend...let's see what it looks like on Sunday... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bellazeus

Crochet pattern illiterate.

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 19, 2010 06:53:51 PM »

You must be so happy!!! You have done an amazing job!! You must have founds hundreds of things you didnt even know you had!!!
love the display shelves!!

And im in serious awe of your crafting stash!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seriously in awe of the craft stashes that are on this forum.
I bow down to your awesomeness.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1799 on: May 19, 2010 06:57:07 PM »

Thank you--I plan on doing everything I can to keep it that way...I am now going to work on my sewing room!  I hope to be done by July!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010 06:57:35 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Quick and Pretty Half Up Hairstyle Tutorial
Cute Messy Side Bun Hair Do Inspired by Paris Hilton
How to Straighten Your Hair With Extensions
How to Clip In Foxy Locks Extensions
Loose Flipped Out Curly Hairstyle Using Wide Straighteners
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...