A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap - Round 2 Gallery  (Read 35795 times)
Tags for this thread: bookmark  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2010 12:13:28 PM »

you might have to have them hand stamped and take them in to a post office window. (I did that with mine) they get broken or ripped out of the envelope going though the post office machiens. this can cost a little more but it keeps them safe. cute Mickey.
Hmmm I think I will do that this time. I was really cautious, I thought, about it with weight and thickness and everything but now that I think of it it could have been the "charm"-like thing I added that must of ripped it out. My post office is contacting the plant to see if they can find them but the chances are slim. I had the same "charm" on all of them so I think my asthma is kicking in... 8|
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: January 26, 2010 01:26:05 PM »

I added some "charm" like elements to mine too, and since they made me a bit nervous postal-wise, I bought those small photo-mailers that you use to mail pictures to people  I think I got them for .88 cents at Walmart, and are a sturdy cardboard.  (They are big enough to mail a CD in a thin jewel case in.)  I've also seen them at the grocery store.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Fall Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #242 on: January 26, 2010 08:03:30 PM »

Here are my absolutely wonderful bookmarks from pinkleo.  First is a georgous re velvet ribbon bookmark with dragon charms.  Next is a verigated ribbon bookmark with beads at either end.  I love them both so much.  Thanks to all of my partners for taking the time to craft for me.  I truely appreciate it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
gossamer_gull
« Reply #243 on: January 26, 2010 08:27:13 PM »

I have received my fourth and final bookmark, this delicately crocheted creation by Waterbaby:

Isn't it lovely?  She thought the color and design would appeal to me due to my liking the Victorian aesthetic -- and she was right!  Thanks, Waterbaby -- I love this!

And thanks to all my partners and everyone else in this swap for making and sharing such beautiful, inspirational items!  (Now I only hope the rest of my creations are received...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyDeJa
« Reply #244 on: January 26, 2010 08:45:20 PM »

I have received my fourth and final bookmark, this delicately crocheted creation by Waterbaby:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/73065_26Jan10_DSC01155.JPG
This is lovely. I thought I was just being weird when I made the crochet bookmark but there have been many gorgeous one made. Maybe I will get some crochet thread next .... hmmmmm!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010 04:39:55 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
waterbaby

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2010 11:06:27 PM »

I've never tried the delicate crochet... is it very hard to do?

Well, yes and no.  The stitches are done exactly the same, but working with much finer material and a smaller hook requires you to pay closer attention so your stitches will be likewise small -- it's easy to work too loose.  But with a little practice (and once you get past that as-usual-hardest first row) you can get pretty comfortable with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waterbaby

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2010 12:01:38 AM »

All my bookmarks have arrived -- I posted stellou's a while back, and now here are the other three....

Ramona Q did terrific double-sided collage work utilizing pages from an old book, finishing off with an anchor buttoned tassel; Mark Twain and rubber stamped leaves are on one side, and on the other is an illustration from a "Little House on the Prairie" book as well as a sweet little owl (with scientific description):

From gossamer gull a layered ribbon bookmark that has a ribbon tassel with the masks of comedy and tragedy at the ends; the detail photo better shows off the green, gold/orange, and purple ribbons.  Gossamer said she realized after she'd done the main portion that the colors were very Mardi Gras and thus added the masks, but, although she didn't know this, they're also sort of a personal symbol of mine (background in theatre, currently work in the movie business).  She also sent along an extra marker, rubber stamped on both sides with a Mardi Gras style mask.

And from camelama, a delightfully flight-themed bookmark, decoupaged on one side commemorating the centennial of the Wright Brothers first successful flight, and on the other side with a collage of vintage travel posters...about which I have to ask: where did you get them -- I love old travel posters, especially if they incorporate airplanes!

Thanks so much to all of my partners -- I so appreciate each and every one of your creations and, for a while at least, may have to figure out a way to put them on display rather than hiding them away in books!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stellou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2010 12:16:32 AM »

These are gorgeous, Waterbaby....but I'm not rmotely jaleous 'cause I've got my own wonders.
Have a look at what arrived in the post...
From Waterbaby a gorgeous crochet bookmark in rich red to reflect my love of fall (it also reminds me of a big ripe juicy strawberry...my favourite fruit Wink)

And  from Gossamer Gull a racy, lacy black gauze, ribbon and beaded (the photo doesn't do it justice) bookmark to put in my romances what a way to look classy even whilst reading romances Cheesy

It also had a rubber stamped mask bookmark as an extra

Thank you so much ladies Kiss I looove them all.

PS. RamonaQ, your little girl has found a home in my English Fairytales book where she looks quite happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2010 06:22:15 AM »

***Reminder***
Please PM your partners AND your organizer when you receive!  I've been seeing a lot of great pics go up in the gallery (which is awesome!), but I've been getting less and less messages about those items received in the last week.  Remember, Pinkleo and I are keeping track of 194 packages for you all!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010 06:23:54 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Fall Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
tinkstar390
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2010 08:17:36 AM »

I recieved two lovely bookmarks yesterday!

The first one is from lydiaharper
Front:

Back:

P.S. This one came in a USPS baggie and I got really scared thinking I was only gonna get the shredded envelope but it was all there even with a HUGE hole!

This one is from Ex_Gratia
Front:

Back:

Thanks a bunch ladies! I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get a Casual Malibu Look on a Budget
Behind the Scenes of Laura’s Prom Makeover
Angelina Jolie Goes to the Dark Side
Johnny Wujek Spills Prom Tips and Trends
What To Wear On A Date Versus A Night Out With The Girls
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...