A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gut Buster Swap GALLERY!  (Read 7435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Whitney
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010 01:34:45 PM »

OH MY GOSH! I just recieved the MOST WONDERFUL package from EnginerdLisa! It really is spectacular!

I came home for my lunch today to see this funky shaped box at my door.

Inside I found a lovely yoga/healthy card, a Yoga for Weight Loss DVD, and this neato salad container that keeps the dressing in a special container at the top, and then when you want to eat your salad, you spin the thing around and shake it all up! This prevents "soggy salad syndrome!" LOVE IT! OH it has a built in icepack too - how cool it that!

Next, I found this AMAZING lunchbox! First off - IT'S FRICKIN' INSULATED! What?! I know. Awesome. Second, it's nice a roomy for to fit a full lunch + snacks. Third, it had a handle so I don't have to try and smash it in my school bag. Fourth (I could just keep going here), It has both a nifty magnetic closure AND a drawstring one!!!! WHAT?! amazing.

Here it is with the flap closed.

AAAND opened.

And I saved my favorite for last. Lisa made me a yoga mat bag! With an adjustable strap and a drawstring closure! It matches my new lunch box, too! Cheesy

But HO! What is inside this amazing bag? ONLY THE BEST YOGA MAT IN THE WOORRLLDD! it's PURPLE, and BLACK, and SILVER! AND ARGYLE!

I love it so much! The theme of the package was At Home Yoga Kit, because I'm a chicken when it comes to exercise classes. BUT NOW I just want to go and show off all my new stuff! I'm so excited, and I really love everything. Thank you SO much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010 01:41:14 PM »

that yoga mat is totally awesome!  is it stenciled?

wow--great package!  Sure would motivate me to get to a class!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EnginerdLisa
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010 02:47:20 PM »

I drew the diamonds on the mat with a sharpie and straight edge, then filled them in with acrylic paint and drew the silver lines with a silver sharpie and straight edge.  I had originally planned on using painters tape to make the design, but quickly learned that the tape would tear up the mat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010 03:10:52 PM »

That lunchbox is and yoga mat set is just too cool! Great package!

BTW, I still can't seem to get craftster photo hosting to work... I restarted my computer and everything!! >_< I will continue trying...

Edit: Used PhotoBucket temporarily for now...

What I recieved from rednightsky86 Smiley

Two awesome books that she made and bound herself. One for healthy recipes which she already filled in a couple, and one so that I can track what I eat each day! The next picture shows the insides of the two books. She also sent a box that is filled with different excercises and activities to help with the abs, butt, and more! There's... 40 different excercises listed in it and a booklet explaining how to customize your own workout!

Next up is a lovely set of trinkets and fun things. She says I get to have one trinket out of the pretty pink bag for every week I lose weight. What a great idea! Let's see... there's a polymer clay ring, and polymer clay pendants, a couple of bracelets, and mixes to make my water taste better Smiley

Thank you for the lovely package, redskynight!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010 07:08:49 AM by tcmatteson » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010 03:19:37 PM »

I've received an AWESOME package!!!  Will post photos after kiddo's in bed tonight.  I've been spoiled! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010 04:45:59 PM »

that lunch box & yoga bag are great. A yoga bag has been on my "to sew" list for awhile.. its towards the bottom Roll Eyes what great inspiration. and the matt itself how clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010 05:21:35 PM »

Kiddo's doing math homework so I get to post pics of my WONDERFUL, FABULOUS box of goodies!!!

I have been SPOILED!!!  Spoiled, I say!!!  I received from Ariaya yesterday, and she went way over 5 points!  She has been hugely generous to me!!!

(I've had to photobucket to post as the craftster picture thing just plain won't work today.)

Unfortunately, one of the containers leaked into the box (even the ziploc bag holding it got a hole ripped in to and didn't contain the leak).  Stupid post office!  But, nothing was destroyed.  Everything was salvageable.  No worries.  

Behold, my amazing haul!  Ariaya hit my tastes and needs EXACTLY.  She gave me the best, most useful, happiest bag of weight loss encouragement.

The whole shebang:

1.  Yoga mat bag!  This girl has crazymad crochet skills!  It's thick/sturdy, soft, lovely, and big enough to hold a towel, too.  GREAT strap design and thickness - can be over the shoulder or backpack.  This is definitely the best handmade yoga mat bag I have EVER seen.  Total wow!

2.  A walking pouch necklace!  I NEEDED this.  It's a soft pouch (is that naalbinding, Ariaya?) on a long, soft strap for me to wear around my neck when I'm walking.  It's big enough to hold my mp3 player, id, housekey, and emergency money.  Perfect!  It was something I had hinted for heavily, and she really delivered beautifully!  The yarn matches the yoga mat bag.  I like jeweltones together, and she went with yarn that's ruby red and a lovely dark, rich purple.  Happy me!  THANK YOU!!!

3.  Smell goods!!!!  And, she totally paid supercareful attention and went only with things that won't mess with my allergies!  So thoughtful!  1 big tub of peppermint sugar scrub (bliss!) and 3 tubs of peppermint bath salts!!!  YEAH!!!  The sugar scrub is what leaked, but I still have almost all of it to use, and I was able to clean everything up.  I used a little of it last night, and it felt soooo good on my face.  When I found out that Ariaya makes bath and body stuff, I told her that I have a lot of trouble with cramps in my thighs, calves, and feet arches because of the BP medicine I take and because of a hereditary proclivity to vitamin deficiencies.  She had asked if I wanted some b&b spoiling for after working out, and I said a very enthusiastic YES because bath salts aren't just a luxury for me, they are medicinal.  When I soak in bath salts, the Mg helps cut down on the leg cramps.  She sent 3 tubs!  3!  Holy cow!  Oh wow, I wish y'all could smell how GOOD this stuff smells!  THANK YOU!!!

4.  The Manga Cookbook  My son grabbed ahold of this as soon as I unpacked the box.  LOLOL  We both REALLY enjoy this cookbook.  It is soooo much fun!  We are already planning bento style fun for his lunchbox next week.  (He gets free breakfast/lunch at school, but 2 or 3 times a month he takes a lunch box on days when the menu is "yucky."  He's little-mister-blood-sugar-issues so it is important that he not skip a meal.)  Y'all, this cookbook is so fun!  She got it straight off my wist, and I am soooo pleased and SURPRISED!  (The udon recipe is priceless!)  And, my son has already added several requests to next week's grocery shopping list which is amazing because he's such a picky pants eater.  He's so amused by this cookbook that he's going to risk a little culinary bravery! LOL  This cookbook is both practical and a whole lot of fun.  For those of you of an anime/manga bent, I highly recommend you request this through your library/interlibrary loan to see if you want to own a copy.

5.  Bento supplies including a baggie of Hello Kitty accessories!!!  CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait to make little rice animals! Smiley  She also printed out and bound a bento instruction booklet.  I feel like I have a toy box in my kitchen, now!  I'm having so much fun with this.

6.  A bottle of eucalyptus oil which is SUCH a necessity for me but is so hard to fit into the budget.  Because I don't have health insurance, I have to be very DIY on my healthcare.  Steaming water with eucalyptus oil is a big help when I'm wheezing or when I have a sinus infection.  Thank you so much for taking care of me in this very practical, important way!

7.  And, from my "putting the word out to all swap partners" wish list, a bread pan!  Thanks to the ladies on the frugality swap and 2010 frugalong thread, I'm taking the homemade bread plunge.  THANK YOU!!!  I squealed when I pulled it out of the box!  (All of the ppl at the p.o. looked at me like I was nuts for being so excited about a bread pan.  LOL  Good thing the ladies of the frugalong "get it." Grin )

Bento supplies:

Look at her gorgeous yarnwork on the yoga mat bag and walking pouch necklace!  

Thank you a thousand times over for such a fun, encouraging box of healthy living items!  You nailed my tastes PERFECTLY, and I am very excited about it all!  THANK YOU!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010 06:56:47 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
EnginerdLisa
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010 05:58:03 PM »

Ok, so photo hosting not working stinks.  I don't really want to sign up for a photo bucket.  I will try again tomorrow, if it isn't working then I will go to another photo hosting option.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010 07:05:19 AM »

Craftster Photo Hosting is back up! Just tried it out! Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010 07:37:34 AM »

I am coveting that journal!! What a wonderful gift and very useful--they say nearly 98% of diet success is writing it down!  Muscles are made in the kitchen...

and how nice to have little non-food rewards!  great idea! wonderful package!

aikibookworm--you certainly were spoiled!  The crochet stuff is amazing!

I am sorry I missed this swap, but I am getting ideas and motivation to stay on my health plan!

Baking healthy bread will be fun...and bento lunches can be very fun and healthy as well!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Mini Tripod for Your Camera
How to Make a Tripod with a Piece of String
The Rankin Live Exhibition
Tips for Photographing Children
How to Shoot Amazing Pictures Under and Above Water
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...