A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gut Buster Swap GALLERY!  (Read 6065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Whitney
« on: January 11, 2010 10:54:43 PM »

ALRIGHT! We have a sender, which means, WE HAVE A GALLERY! w00t w00t!

BLUE = SENT
PURPLE = RECEIVED
GREEN = SENT + RECEIVED
STRIKE-THROUGH=SWAP COMPLETE
RED = CONTACT ME ASAP!

1.Miss Whitney - Enginerd Lisa
2.uhleetaw - beccas_song
3.tcmatteson - rednightsky86
4.ariaya > Aikibookworm > hngoodlett> ariaya (Round Robin!)
5.mandys08 - twonderland
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010 09:56:16 PM by Miss Whitney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

twonderland
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010 05:51:46 PM »

Lovely things I received. :] Thank you again!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Whitney
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010 01:37:37 AM »

Oh wow! That apron is adorable! And, did you get a pedometer?! I need to get me one of those!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010 04:08:49 AM »

ooh how many "steps" did it take on its journey? it was set at "0" before I mailed it. Just the slightest bump changes it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010 04:58:17 AM »

That apron is super cute. I had a pedometer for a while, but it never counted my steps right. I would walk all over my house and it would say I made 3 steps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
twonderland
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010 10:55:43 AM »

ooh how many "steps" did it take on its journey? it was set at "0" before I mailed it. Just the slightest bump changes it.
It was at 620! :] Thank you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010 04:34:47 PM »

I got my wonderful package yesterday. Please excuse the poor lighting I haven't been away from work during daylight all week.
First a water bottle with beaded cover (we thought alike!) and some water flavor packets.

next, a braclet, storage containers for small portions, and a jump rope. I was in need of a jump rope, should be good exercise.

a book to keep tips in, this will be great for bits from the stack of SELF magazines i have ben too busy to get into

and finally, a gym tote with very nice skulls & roses fabric.

Thanks so much it was great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EnginerdLisa
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010 05:52:33 PM »

Oh wow! That apron is adorable! And, did you get a pedometer?! I need to get me one of those!

AHHH I almost got a pedometer for you and changed my mind!!!

I received my package from our wonderful organizer, but the camera battery is dead.  I will get pics up soon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010 05:54:13 PM by EnginerdLisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
Miss Whitney
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010 07:33:59 AM »

Oh, I love the beaded water bottle holder - what a cool technique! The gym bag is awesome too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010 11:06:52 AM »

argh, I recieved today and when I went to post my pictures up- apparently, craftster photo hosting isn't working... Sad So I will be posting my loverly stuff up as soon as I am able to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
Miss Whitney
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010 01:34:45 PM »

OH MY GOSH! I just recieved the MOST WONDERFUL package from EnginerdLisa! It really is spectacular!

I came home for my lunch today to see this funky shaped box at my door.

Inside I found a lovely yoga/healthy card, a Yoga for Weight Loss DVD, and this neato salad container that keeps the dressing in a special container at the top, and then when you want to eat your salad, you spin the thing around and shake it all up! This prevents "soggy salad syndrome!" LOVE IT! OH it has a built in icepack too - how cool it that!

Next, I found this AMAZING lunchbox! First off - IT'S FRICKIN' INSULATED! What?! I know. Awesome. Second, it's nice a roomy for to fit a full lunch + snacks. Third, it had a handle so I don't have to try and smash it in my school bag. Fourth (I could just keep going here), It has both a nifty magnetic closure AND a drawstring one!!!! WHAT?! amazing.

Here it is with the flap closed.

AAAND opened.

And I saved my favorite for last. Lisa made me a yoga mat bag! With an adjustable strap and a drawstring closure! It matches my new lunch box, too! Cheesy

But HO! What is inside this amazing bag? ONLY THE BEST YOGA MAT IN THE WOORRLLDD! it's PURPLE, and BLACK, and SILVER! AND ARGYLE!

I love it so much! The theme of the package was At Home Yoga Kit, because I'm a chicken when it comes to exercise classes. BUT NOW I just want to go and show off all my new stuff! I'm so excited, and I really love everything. Thank you SO much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010 01:41:14 PM »

that yoga mat is totally awesome!  is it stenciled?

wow--great package!  Sure would motivate me to get to a class!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EnginerdLisa
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010 02:47:20 PM »

I drew the diamonds on the mat with a sharpie and straight edge, then filled them in with acrylic paint and drew the silver lines with a silver sharpie and straight edge.  I had originally planned on using painters tape to make the design, but quickly learned that the tape would tear up the mat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcmatteson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010 03:10:52 PM »

That lunchbox is and yoga mat set is just too cool! Great package!

BTW, I still can't seem to get craftster photo hosting to work... I restarted my computer and everything!! >_< I will continue trying...

Edit: Used PhotoBucket temporarily for now...

What I recieved from rednightsky86 Smiley

Two awesome books that she made and bound herself. One for healthy recipes which she already filled in a couple, and one so that I can track what I eat each day! The next picture shows the insides of the two books. She also sent a box that is filled with different excercises and activities to help with the abs, butt, and more! There's... 40 different excercises listed in it and a booklet explaining how to customize your own workout!

Next up is a lovely set of trinkets and fun things. She says I get to have one trinket out of the pretty pink bag for every week I lose weight. What a great idea! Let's see... there's a polymer clay ring, and polymer clay pendants, a couple of bracelets, and mixes to make my water taste better Smiley

Thank you for the lovely package, redskynight!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010 07:08:49 AM by tcmatteson » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010 03:19:37 PM »

I've received an AWESOME package!!!  Will post photos after kiddo's in bed tonight.  I've been spoiled! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010 04:45:59 PM »

that lunch box & yoga bag are great. A yoga bag has been on my "to sew" list for awhile.. its towards the bottom Roll Eyes what great inspiration. and the matt itself how clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aikibookworm

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010 05:21:35 PM »

Kiddo's doing math homework so I get to post pics of my WONDERFUL, FABULOUS box of goodies!!!

I have been SPOILED!!!  Spoiled, I say!!!  I received from Ariaya yesterday, and she went way over 5 points!  She has been hugely generous to me!!!

(I've had to photobucket to post as the craftster picture thing just plain won't work today.)

Unfortunately, one of the containers leaked into the box (even the ziploc bag holding it got a hole ripped in to and didn't contain the leak).  Stupid post office!  But, nothing was destroyed.  Everything was salvageable.  No worries.  

Behold, my amazing haul!  Ariaya hit my tastes and needs EXACTLY.  She gave me the best, most useful, happiest bag of weight loss encouragement.

The whole shebang:

1.  Yoga mat bag!  This girl has crazymad crochet skills!  It's thick/sturdy, soft, lovely, and big enough to hold a towel, too.  GREAT strap design and thickness - can be over the shoulder or backpack.  This is definitely the best handmade yoga mat bag I have EVER seen.  Total wow!

2.  A walking pouch necklace!  I NEEDED this.  It's a soft pouch (is that naalbinding, Ariaya?) on a long, soft strap for me to wear around my neck when I'm walking.  It's big enough to hold my mp3 player, id, housekey, and emergency money.  Perfect!  It was something I had hinted for heavily, and she really delivered beautifully!  The yarn matches the yoga mat bag.  I like jeweltones together, and she went with yarn that's ruby red and a lovely dark, rich purple.  Happy me!  THANK YOU!!!

3.  Smell goods!!!!  And, she totally paid supercareful attention and went only with things that won't mess with my allergies!  So thoughtful!  1 big tub of peppermint sugar scrub (bliss!) and 3 tubs of peppermint bath salts!!!  YEAH!!!  The sugar scrub is what leaked, but I still have almost all of it to use, and I was able to clean everything up.  I used a little of it last night, and it felt soooo good on my face.  When I found out that Ariaya makes bath and body stuff, I told her that I have a lot of trouble with cramps in my thighs, calves, and feet arches because of the BP medicine I take and because of a hereditary proclivity to vitamin deficiencies.  She had asked if I wanted some b&b spoiling for after working out, and I said a very enthusiastic YES because bath salts aren't just a luxury for me, they are medicinal.  When I soak in bath salts, the Mg helps cut down on the leg cramps.  She sent 3 tubs!  3!  Holy cow!  Oh wow, I wish y'all could smell how GOOD this stuff smells!  THANK YOU!!!

4.  The Manga Cookbook  My son grabbed ahold of this as soon as I unpacked the box.  LOLOL  We both REALLY enjoy this cookbook.  It is soooo much fun!  We are already planning bento style fun for his lunchbox next week.  (He gets free breakfast/lunch at school, but 2 or 3 times a month he takes a lunch box on days when the menu is "yucky."  He's little-mister-blood-sugar-issues so it is important that he not skip a meal.)  Y'all, this cookbook is so fun!  She got it straight off my wist, and I am soooo pleased and SURPRISED!  (The udon recipe is priceless!)  And, my son has already added several requests to next week's grocery shopping list which is amazing because he's such a picky pants eater.  He's so amused by this cookbook that he's going to risk a little culinary bravery! LOL  This cookbook is both practical and a whole lot of fun.  For those of you of an anime/manga bent, I highly recommend you request this through your library/interlibrary loan to see if you want to own a copy.

5.  Bento supplies including a baggie of Hello Kitty accessories!!!  CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait to make little rice animals! Smiley  She also printed out and bound a bento instruction booklet.  I feel like I have a toy box in my kitchen, now!  I'm having so much fun with this.

6.  A bottle of eucalyptus oil which is SUCH a necessity for me but is so hard to fit into the budget.  Because I don't have health insurance, I have to be very DIY on my healthcare.  Steaming water with eucalyptus oil is a big help when I'm wheezing or when I have a sinus infection.  Thank you so much for taking care of me in this very practical, important way!

7.  And, from my "putting the word out to all swap partners" wish list, a bread pan!  Thanks to the ladies on the frugality swap and 2010 frugalong thread, I'm taking the homemade bread plunge.  THANK YOU!!!  I squealed when I pulled it out of the box!  (All of the ppl at the p.o. looked at me like I was nuts for being so excited about a bread pan.  LOL  Good thing the ladies of the frugalong "get it." Grin )

Bento supplies:

Look at her gorgeous yarnwork on the yoga mat bag and walking pouch necklace!  

Thank you a thousand times over for such a fun, encouraging box of healthy living items!  You nailed my tastes PERFECTLY, and I am very excited about it all!  THANK YOU!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010 06:56:47 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

EnginerdLisa
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010 05:58:03 PM »

Ok, so photo hosting not working stinks.  I don't really want to sign up for a photo bucket.  I will try again tomorrow, if it isn't working then I will go to another photo hosting option.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcmatteson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010 07:05:19 AM »

Craftster Photo Hosting is back up! Just tried it out! Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010 07:37:34 AM »

I am coveting that journal!! What a wonderful gift and very useful--they say nearly 98% of diet success is writing it down!  Muscles are made in the kitchen...

and how nice to have little non-food rewards!  great idea! wonderful package!

aikibookworm--you certainly were spoiled!  The crochet stuff is amazing!

I am sorry I missed this swap, but I am getting ideas and motivation to stay on my health plan!

Baking healthy bread will be fun...and bento lunches can be very fun and healthy as well!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Whitney
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010 10:32:01 AM »

I have everyone's info up on the front page here. Please give it a looky-look and make sure I've got everything right. So far, I have all but one person having sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcmatteson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010 03:17:44 PM »

Oi... just got my ass kicked... brought out my old time favorite game DDR which I haven't played in years and went at it non-stop for the last half hour... wow, I didn't realize I was in as bad of shape as I am >_<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Miss Whitney
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010 03:26:08 PM »

WOW! I love DDR! I wish I had one at home - I really wanted to buy the mat thing for it when I moved out of the dorms, but never did. Good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcmatteson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010 03:29:50 PM »

^_^ I think I'm going to be making it my daily workout routine... 1/2 hour in the morning, 1/2 hour in the afternoon, every day... that'll be my cardio workout, then I can do the muscle building away from the tv and let my hubby have the xbox when he gets home Smiley It's a win-win!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010 03:56:31 PM »

one of my first steps is that I walk up the steps instead of the elevator. i work on the 8th floor. i totally get winded by floor 4-5 ugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EnginerdLisa
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010 04:28:02 PM »

Ok, finally here are the pics of what our wonderful organizer Miss Whitney sent me.

Clearly we were thinking along the same lines, she also sent me a lunch bag and container.  I love the fabric on the bag and the container is just teh right size to keep me from packing too much food.

She also made me a wonderful cook book full of great healthy recipes, I can't wait to try them.  I'm gonna go through tonight and pick out a couple to make next week.  The pages in the book are lovely, decorated with pinup girls and helpful hints and tips.

As I hate drinking water, she decorated a water bottle for me, and stuffed it full of emergen-c, which she promises me doesn't taste like icky artificial sweeteners.  

I'm a lucky girl, I'll be drinking water in style, and leaving behind my boring lunches!

By the way, I just bought EA Sports Active for Wii, it totally kicked my but on my first workout!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010 04:29:26 PM by EnginerdLisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010 08:19:52 PM »

one of my first steps is that I walk up the steps instead of the elevator. i work on the 8th floor. i totally get winded by floor 4-5 ugh.

That's not too bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

50 in 2011
10/50
tcmatteson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010 08:49:14 PM »

I love the cookbook... though I'm not sure if it would inspire me to cook and eat much with the pin-up girls on there... you know, being as skinny and pretty as they are... it would make me wanna go annorexic or something, which is something I definately do not condone >_< lol! And the lunch bag is made of some very pretty fabric. Love it! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010 11:47:00 PM »

I got my package a couple days ago from hngoolett and ohh .. so cool!!  Hngoolett really managed to pick a great selection of stuff for me!

I squee'd when I pulled out the hot pad!  It fits perfectly on my shoulders .. it's going to be awesome for my tension headaches!!!!  The headbands are perfect!  My hair is getting rather long and I really need something to keep the hair out of my eyes when doing yoga!  The Red thing is a very cool journal.  Hngoolett printed out each page with a fun little form to keep track.

The pretty fabric in the background is a HUGE yoga bag that's very well put together ... I'm not worried about it falling apart when fully loaded at all!! It'll hold my yoga bag, a towel and a change of clothes! 

Not pictures because it didn't make it far from the box that was unpacked in the kitchen is a lovely aluminium water bottle.  I've been meaning to try one for a while .. it's got a seal on the lid so I can just throw it in my bag too!

Thanks so much for the great package Hngoolett!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010 12:16:58 AM »

Hello my dears! I've been wondering why the board hasn't been active at all, then I realized everyone switched over here and I forgot to post! I'm a little (alot) off this week. So sorry. School is kicking my butt. And I'm only two weeks in. Ok, actually, school itself is wonderful and I'm SOOOOO glad I've decided to go back (after 8 years), but the reading is overwhelming with two kids to take care of. I'm only getting a chance to read late at night.

Anyway, I sent on Monday. And then, I had the package returned to me on Friday. This is not the first time, or second, or third, that this has happened to me with our post office. The package apparently didn't even make it out of town- it was shredded all over the front and the delivery address was unreadable. Luckily you could still see the return one. Everything but one item was ok cause I had wrapped them all in plastic. The item directly under the address part on front was as shredded as the label. What is with my gosh danged post office?? I hate living in a small town, cause it is the only option! There is no fed ex office or UPS. They'll deliver packages, but I'd have to go out of town to send through them. I've also had issues with a certain post lady here. I hate that it's a gamble every time I send something.

Anyway, I've remade the last item (luckily had enough cloth!) and am re-sending in a BOX (not big envelope) on Monday. Also whipped up one more goodie to make up for being late.  Wink So sorry partner. I'm sorry I haven't kept you all up to date either.

Ok, now for the fun news- I recieved a WONDERFUL package on Thursday from uhleetaw! She did SUCH a great job, and I'm happy I can finally load my pics!

A picture of everything- A lovely bag for my gym clothes, inspirational magnets, and a personalized health book!

I ADORE the bag! It's lined and has a pocket! Aleta said in her note it's her first sewing project EVER! I never would have believed it. You did such a great job! The fabric is soo cute- I hate to put my sweaty clothes and shoes into it. Smiley But I will! Next week I get time to go to the gym three days.

The magnets are so cute and much needed. I have metal doors in every room in our apartment and we use them to put up important papers, kid's artwork, everything! These ones go on my fridge and in the office where the inpiration is needed most.

And finally, my awesome health book. It's full of health and eating tips and some amazing recipes. So far I've made the hummus (mmmmm) and really want to try the grilled chicken salad with lavender. Don't know where to get lavender this time of year though! She left the back half of the book empty for me to add my own recipes and health info.

Thank you so much Aleta! I hope your package gets there so very soon. I had so much fun crafting for you. Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Miss Whitney
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010 10:59:54 AM »

Ok, finally here are the pics of what our wonderful organizer Miss Whitney sent me.

Clearly we were thinking along the same lines, she also sent me a lunch bag and container.  I love the fabric on the bag and the container is just teh right size to keep me from packing too much food.

She also made me a wonderful cook book full of great healthy recipes, I can't wait to try them.  I'm gonna go through tonight and pick out a couple to make next week.  The pages in the book are lovely, decorated with pinup girls and helpful hints and tips.

As I hate drinking water, she decorated a water bottle for me, and stuffed it full of emergen-c, which she promises me doesn't taste like icky artificial sweeteners. 

I'm a lucky girl, I'll be drinking water in style, and leaving behind my boring lunches!

By the way, I just bought EA Sports Active for Wii, it totally kicked my but on my first workout!

I'm so glad you liked everything! I decided to keep the recipes from the cookbook in my kitchen, and have been eating Sri Wasano's salad all week - and it is DELICIOUS!

I almost kept the geek-tastic water bottle for myself! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Whitney
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010 11:00:47 AM »

I'm loving the notebooks everyone has been getting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010 07:36:19 AM »

I love the inspirational messages!  A big part of losing weight is not to be so hard on yourself!

Wonderful bags and recipe books--lots of goodies to take a healthy lunch and drink plenty of water...

You ladies are off to a good gut busting start!

Great swap!

oh, I was wondering if you would mind sharing the Sri Wasano salad recipe or provide a link to it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Whitney
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010 10:17:41 AM »

A big part of losing weight is not to be so hard on yourself!

I'm having a tough time with this today! Sad

I have the recipe typed up on my other computer, I can post it when I get home tonight if you'd like. It's from the Moosewood cookbook! yUM YUM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010 10:38:09 AM »

My partner should be receiving today.  Hopefully, her class schedule will let her get to the p.o. to pick up before they close.

It's funny -- I sent to someone who is a student at my alma mater.  ROLL TIDE!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010 10:59:30 AM »

aww Miss Whitney--there will be ups and downs with our weight issues but hopefully, the ups will outlast the downs...hang in there and know that each day is a new day to start over...

Let me check my Moosewood cookbook to see if the recipe is in the one I have (there are so many versions!)....but I am always looking for delicious salads!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010 11:06:29 AM »

My partner should be receiving today.  Hopefully, her class schedule will let her get to the p.o. to pick up before they close.

It's funny -- I sent to someone who is a student at my alma mater.  ROLL TIDE!!!

Yay! I'm about to take my lunch break to go down there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

50 in 2011
10/50
Aikibookworm

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010 11:08:49 AM »

Heh.  For 4 years, I had p.o. box 4196 in the bottom floor of the Ferg.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010 01:53:56 PM »

I re-sent today!!! It still ended up being in an envelope (cheaper), but it's padded and taped up the wazoo. Wink Hoping it gets there quickly, although with the crummy weather setting in, who knows.

I forgot to note that my partner also sent me some yummy gum that I've been chomping on in class. One kind is tropical and today one of my profs stopped me and asked for a piece cause it smelled so good. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
uhleetaw
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010 07:57:05 PM »

I re-sent today!!! It still ended up being in an envelope (cheaper), but it's padded and taped up the wazoo. Wink Hoping it gets there quickly, although with the crummy weather setting in, who knows.

I forgot to note that my partner also sent me some yummy gum that I've been chomping on in class. One kind is tropical and today one of my profs stopped me and asked for a piece cause it smelled so good. lol.

I am so glad you like everything Becca! No worries about the package... mail is a pain, and I am sure it will be worth waiting for!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010 08:09:37 PM »

I recieved the awesome-est package ever today (after the PO lost it for a day). Of course as soon as I go to take pictures, the battery dies. If Aikibookworm has pictures, maybe she can put them up until I find my charger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

50 in 2011
10/50
Aikibookworm

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010 08:21:28 PM »

Here are pics, as requested.  hng can dish the details.  Glad you are pleased with your loot! Smiley

ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDE, ROLL!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010 08:33:04 PM »

Awesome water bottle holder with a strap I can tie to wear across me or tie onto a bag, which is good because I won't get condensation on all of my stuff. I haven't checked out the cookbook yet, but her hair already rocks my world. The cross stitch is my favorite thing. We talked about cryptozoology in PMs, so I was so excited to get something related. The hat is super cushy and soft and warm, so I can wear it outside to walk in the cold. And the awesome owl bag had measuring cups and spoons, which is timely, since I broke some of mine. I love everything so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

50 in 2011
10/50
Aikibookworm

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010 08:40:30 PM »

I cannot tell you how so very cool it was to be crafting for a Bama girl (ROLL TIDE!) who shares my interest in cryptozoology!  So fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010 07:49:14 AM »

That hat is wonderful, although I would have to make it in Penn State blue... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcmatteson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010 06:57:11 AM »

My partner, rednightsky received her package a week or so ago, but has been a little busy lately and said I could go ahead and post pictures for her. So, here are the things I sent her:

A Handmade Weekly Health journal:

It's a fabric covered softbound journal... I don't know how many pages long, but there's a lot, as you can tell by the table of contents page:

Some other pages to show the goodies in there:

There is a recipe or health tip every week and health inspiring quotes. There's a place for her to put a picture of herself, her body measurements ('cause you can't always just go by weight), a weekly goal (such as drink 8 glasses of water every day), a weekly workout plan, and then a place to jot down how she's feeling at the end of each week.

I noticed that she was very fond of the Mario Brothers so of course I had to make a Mario workout t-shirt!:

Then of course, to help with hydration and then drying off after a good workout, a water bottle with crocheted cover and handtowel with motivational saying:

And lastly, some extras:

Two crocheted headbands to keep her hair out of her eyes, a tape measure to help her keep track in her new journal, some Crystal Light to help her water taste yummy, and a little water charm to help remind her to drink more water! I also had put in some SPF lipbalm (for if she decides to go running outside to help keep her lips from chapping) and some knitting counters because she knits and crafting is still excercise!

I really happy you liked it all rednightsky! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Aikibookworm

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010 07:06:37 AM »

CUTE shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010 09:41:26 PM »

crafting is still excercise... Grin

I am going to stencil that on a t-shirt! ha ha

great package--love the care you took in making the journal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Own Valentine Cards
How to use etching powder on glass items
The Benefits of Knitting
How to Do Block Printing
Hot Trends for Quilting Designs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...