A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,986
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: baby shower gifts for my best friend (image heavy)  (Read 4047 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_blanket , taggie_blanket  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

punkrockkitten1
« on: January 11, 2010 10:05:16 PM »

ok so here is a little back story... me and my best friend (and we have been friends now for about 10 years now, since we met in high school) got pregnant around the same time.  i am having my 2nd and she is having her first.  she really likes the colors purple n lime green so i kinda went with that when deciding on what to make her baby.  typically when making anything, i wait until last minute when i have to rush to get things done.  same is almost true when it comes to these gifts, since i am moving in two weeks cross country... (at least now i will be just a little bit closer to where she lives lol) her baby shower isn't until the middle of february, but i know its going to be hectic in the new house and unpacking and what-not...

anyways...... on to the pictures of her baby girls rag quilt, and 'taggie blanket' i got the idea of making the taggie blanket after seeing one made by lil_abi http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327515.msg3781893#msg3781893 seen here... i also love the concept of rag quilts, and it seemed easy enough to make... i seen how cgaker made hers seen here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=300163.msg3425534#msg3425534 and she posted where she got the tutorial which is http://jenyu.net/make/ragquilt.php

on to the pictures...

front of taggie blanket

back of taggie blanket

my tag on the taggie (which hubby designed for me... i love his photoshop skillz sometimes)

front of rag quilt all sewn together prior to cutting and washing

back

all cut up n ready to be washed

all washed n very fluffy

back

look how fluffy n comfy it looks!!

with tag on it

finally... all folded, and packed up ready to be wrapped

i also plan to make a diaper wreath using tutorial by Hellga seen here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180906.msg1880875#msg1880875

i love how the quilt and the taggie turned out.  lickily for my hands it was only a crib/toddler sized quilt... although hubby wants on for our bed now lol (i am gonna have to make one now but this time i am going to wait until i have PLENTY of time to do so)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leksi
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010 10:34:44 PM »

WOW! I love these! Your friend is going to be extremely happy I'm sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010 11:19:54 PM »

These are great gifts (though I don't really know what a taggie blanket is for) I love the colors you chose and the shaggy edges.  You've inspired me to try a blanket like this. (I just need the fabrics.)  Thank you for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisbirdsabsurd
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010 07:13:38 AM »

Soooo cute - I love the rag quilt - my SIL has been making these and I've thought about giving it a go - was it difficult?  Lucky friend - I'm sure she'll love them both!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got a new website! www.thisbirdsabsurd.com and I'm still on Etsy www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thisbirdsabsurd/753468561415455
punkrockkitten1
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010 09:08:02 AM »

thanks guys Smiley and jinjeet, no it wasnt too difficult... i think the hardest part was making sure the squares were mostly even, since i went for the as perfect as possible approach with this rag quilt being my first one n all. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dmc64350
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010 06:37:55 AM »

i learned to make those raggedy quilts in high school. they are soooo amazing. you motivated me to want to make another one! lol. Cheesy yay. and i love the colors too. AMAZING! great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ElizabethsMom

Every window has a different view.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010 08:19:04 AM »

I wanted to make a tag-rag for my baby when he was little. Add a little procrastination and he is now two and I never got around to it. Yours turned out too cute! I'm sure the baby will enjoy it!  And that blanket too. Makes me want to try my hand at one:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
besos_tan_dulces
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010 12:44:25 PM »

how sweet are those?! I love the taggies and texture on the blanket bc I know babies love to fidget with things like that. HOW do u have the energy to make that stuff tho?!?! I'm in my 1st trimester and all I wanna do is sleep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Expecting mini-De or mini-Mo on Dec 24, 2010!
punkrockkitten1
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010 04:37:24 PM »

besos, thanks for the comment, things will get better... i finally got some energy in my 2nd trimester, and i used it mainly to chase after my 2 year old and make this blanket and taggie for my best friend who was pregnant with me lol... i am hoping i get more energy again soon, i just had my little girl on the 20th, so most of my time has been being used for new baby and my precious almost 3 year old who wants nothing more than to spend time with mommy n cuddle (which is kinda weird due to her not wanting to cuddle for soooo long before now lol)

again, thanx for the comment i kinda veered off topic but yeah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...