A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monthly Odd Holiday - February  (Read 12520 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2010 12:45:19 PM »

The tree bag is great, but I love the flirting handbook!

llisaredd, that's so funny that your hubby ate some of the dog biscuits! Although, they do smell pretty good...ok, I've actually thought about trying them too, but I haven't yet  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2010 02:10:42 PM »

Oh geez! I always feel like I didn't send enough when I receive! littlebiskit spoiled me! And my pets!

Eddie got 2 cat toys and a bag of weed! j/k, it's catnip. I think it's funny we sent each other catnip!

Nibby got some toys (I need to learn to make the big one) and some treats to shove in the knots to make them more interesting. I couldn't get an action shot of Nibby where it wasn't blurry. She was so excited! Both of these were for Love Your Pet Day on the 20th.

For Thank a Mailman Day (Feb 4th) she sent me a duct tape (weatherproof) wallet for my mailman.

fronts

backs
And for Tell a Fairytale Day on the 26th she sent me these SUPER DOOPER AWESOME bookmarks!
I already have the Little Mermaid one in my Complete Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Anderson that I've been working on getting through. I think I'll be taking a break to read a book for a book club, though, so I can use another of my SUPER DOOPER AWESOME bookmarks!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010 02:12:08 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2010 03:22:57 PM »

My internet has been very spotty during the ices/snow.  I was finally able to upload some pics this afternoon.  Here are a few pics of the BEAUTIFUL package I got from TeaCouture:

She added to my slowly growing Swaptopus collection!  I named this one Drew.  He joins Colin, Ryan, and Greg.  Drew is cuter than cute!  He is sooooo snuggleriffic!  Once you pick him up, you just can't put him down!  A fleece octopus stuffie!  I don't think it gets much better than that!

Beautiful earrings!  They look big, but actually they are very lightweight.  I don't even feel them.  They're supposed to be like the orbits of celestial bodies.

And, the best best bestest:  a BEAUTIFUL scarf!!!  I can't begin to tell you how thick, gorgeous, and wonderful this scarf is!  It came just in time for the ice/snow.  I wore it yesterday, and it was soaking wet by the time I got home for the evening!  One side is planetary fabric, and the other is patchwork with applique.  The patchwork includes green, Oriental brocade which is one of my most favorite crafty bits EVER!!!  This scarf is a truly gorgeous, special, remarkable ooak treasure.

Just posting these simple pictures quickly while I have internet.  Will have better ones later when upload time and posting time are more reliable. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2010 03:37:52 PM »

What a great swap package! What were your holidays?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2010 04:23:57 PM »

Great packages! That octopus looks soooo snuggly! I should make something like that for my son Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2010 05:06:21 PM »

I'm so relieved that you liked what I sent, jexxican!!!  I'll totally send you a link for the video on making those knotted tug toys, you just make them with old jeans, and they're pretty easy, but seem pretty durable?  You'll have to let me know how long they last with your pup.   Grin

Sorry I didn't post sooner, I got my awesome loot from jexxican yesterday, and only just now found time to post pics.

First off is this awesome (felt?) catnip kitty toy and a little bag of catnip.  I didn't get a fantastic picture of the toy, because Squish was too busy going nuts. 

Here's what I got before she took off with the mouse:

That was for love your pets day.

Then, for National Bird Feeding Month, I got this very cute (and recycled!  bonus!) birdfeeder.  I may have to make more of these and decorate them with my daughter as gifts for the grandparents!

And finally, my favorite item was for children's authors and illustrators day.  It's a fantastic sewn book bag with the Very Hungry Caterpillar on it.  We've already been playing with the different textures on the fabric swatches.  It's so great!  We love it!

Thanks so much, jexxican!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2010 08:45:56 PM »

this swap is producing the absolute most creative crafts!  Shocked  I really honestly truly love everything in this gallery so far!  I'm sure I'm going to be continued to be blown away  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2010 08:47:45 PM »

My holidays were:

1.  Read in the Bathtub Day (2/9)
2.  Library Lovers Day (2/14)
3.  Pluto Day (2/18) *
4.  Perigean Spring Tide (2/28) *
5.  Freelance Writers Appreciation Week (2/8-13) *
6.  Mardi Gras (2/16)

Everything in my box of WONDERFUL treats was tied to planets, celestial motion, and tides!  Grin  Rockin awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
TeaCouture

Tea Couture... My sewing call sign!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2010 01:02:15 AM »

Aikibookworm So glad you liked everything in your package. I had a fun time making everything for ya! And Aikibookworm I hope your weather clears up so you can safely make it to the post. No more sliding off the roads for you my dear- my scarf doesn't protect from that kind of stuff ;-D

LOL octoswap- love it- I just noticed you made the most adorable little stuffies in the 10min swap... Can't wait to see what goodies are in store for me =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll not willingly offend, Nor be easily offended; What's amiss I'll strive to mend, And endure what can't be mended: Isaac Watts

* My Wist *
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2010 07:16:16 AM »

Grin March's Swap is up! Grin

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=336204.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Open-Faced Grilled Cheese Sandwich
How to Make a Garlic Chicken BLT
How to Make a Sushi-Inspired California Roll Burger
BBQ Chicken on the Grill Recipe
Flank Steak Recipe With Scallion Salsa
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...