A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: little sister gifts/ sorority gifts  (Read 3335 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

megafran
« on: April 26, 2005 10:07:13 PM »

okay so I am trying to come up with cute little gifts for sorority friends. It gets pricey when you want to remember everyone's birthday. More specficially, it would be nice to have creative things to give to my little sister. I mean, how many dry erase boards can one person have? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megafran
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005 09:18:49 PM »

Oh well, I guess I have to come up with something alone..... Sad
it would be nice to have little gifts for scholarship awards and community involvement, i will think of stuff then post it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nabbymac
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005 11:25:58 PM »

You could decoupage something (benches were big in my day) with pics, symbols, etc. Also photo albums and pillows were big gifts as well. I hope this helps a little. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." - Joe Versus the Volcano
papertoes
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005 12:24:12 AM »

A really cute thing to do would be to get some clear glasses or maybe a clear glass salad-sized plate & frost your letters or mascot onto it...even crest, but that would probably be too complicated to cut out.  I always meant to do that for my little sis, but I never did.  I know there's a tutorial on here somewhere...I'll look for it tomorrow after I've had some sleep!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't worry about the world ending today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia."  ~Charles Schulz
grasshopper

Do you like me? Make an assessment.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005 10:19:19 AM »

Hi!  You could whip up some earrings or a bracelet in your sorority colors.  I got sooo tired of notebooks, dry erase boards, and party cups!!  What is your mascot?  Maybe you could make a stuffy out of felt for them.  One of my favorite things I got was a laundry bag with our letters on it.  Stationery, a stretchy book cover with your letters, mascot, or just a cool design with your colors.  What house are you?  That might spark some ideas in my pea-brain!  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The time has come
The walrus said
To talk of many things-
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax-
Of cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
megafran
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005 11:00:19 AM »

I'm in Sigma Kappa. Our mascot is the dove and hearts. It's sort of a weird thing to have on stuff. Earrings would be great though. Thanks for all of the noncheesy suggestions. Our sorority is very different, we encourage diversity and we tend to stand out in a predominantly southern place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grasshopper

Do you like me? Make an assessment.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005 11:20:47 AM »

My mom was a Sig Kap.  Aren't your flowers violets?  I'm an Alpha Gam and we are squirrels and roses...pretty simple!  OH, I had a thought!  You could get some of those plastic doves they use for wedding decorations and make cheesy/meaningful earrings.  Let me keep thinking!  I'll post as I think of stuff!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The time has come
The walrus said
To talk of many things-
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax-
Of cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
Petunia0384
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005 10:39:15 PM »

Hi! Smiley  I'm an Alpha Chi Omega (alumna these days).  Our colors are red/green, our symbol is a lyre, and our mascot was an angel (varies from chapter to chapter).  I never had a little because I transferred ( Sad ) but some of my favorite gifts to/from my big were:

-Wooden cut out letters that were painted...  Someone's dad cut them out for everyone, I think, so those might be a little hard to do.

-A pillow I made for my big.  I took a fleecey pillow, cut out our letters in star fabric (like the popular block letter shirts), glued them to the pillow, and puffy painted around them with silver glitter.  Then, I took a pair of silver angel wings (like for doll making) and glued one before the A and one after the Omega.  I glued rhinestones in a halo shape so that it looked like it was slung over the A.  I used to have a picture of it, but I can't find it right now.

-An umbrella with our letters on it (fabric).

-A paddle...  I painted the things I put on mine and I got one that had a place for a photo.

I think someone also made a no-sew pillow and put letters on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
megafran
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005 05:26:17 PM »

thanks everyone!

Oh and I have something else to add to this list in case anyone else reads it--- a hand bound journal. It's really not that hard to make and is much more satisfying than store bought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbug
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005 12:22:48 PM »

I'm a Phi Mu alumnae.  My big sis made me party cups (bought cheap plastic ones and decorated with paint pens), frames (the cheap plastic ones and used paint pens), a pillow case with our mascot, trinket wooden boxes with our letters, and she also bought plastic desk accessories from the dollar store in our colors and personalized them with paint pens.  You could also buy precut wooden letters from walmart and decorate them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ponytail 2008 Spring Trend
How to Cut Your Own Bangs With Heidi Klum
Jason Wu Hairstyle Trend - Fall 2009 Hairstyle
How to Style a Chic Ponytails
Short Hair Spring Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...