A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnholic Seeking to Start a Support Group  (Read 27068 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Apurl
« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2005 03:50:21 PM »

Is that just straight knitting?I can't really tell by the pic i love it. you say the pattern is from lion? i would love to know where you got it....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PpCakes
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2005 04:11:58 PM »

how much is 8? where do you live? thats alot for shipping you better not ship anywhere EVER  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2005 11:11:24 PM »

I think I might upgrade myself to cotton. I haven't bought any new yarn (though I have been guilty of looking. a lot.)

I have reduced my stash by 2.  Which is something really. Well, the one ball of fun fur I threw away but damnit it counts.  I'm halfway through on the cottonease (which I've decided is only good for dish towels)

I'm doing well at using up a lot of the crappy, what the hell am I to do with this, yarn and leaving the lovely yarn for actual projects. 

I have decided that I hate the color of one of my yarns (the homespun in aquarium) and will hate anything I make with it.  And it's not full skein, probably about half, so I've no idea what to do with it. I might make a drop at the local thrift store. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005 11:14:41 PM by donutgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annkari
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2005 08:05:58 AM »

PpCakes: I live in Germany, and 8 ~ $9.5  Sad

I've actually shipped several pairs of socks to the US a few years ago, but back then it was only about $6.5 to ship them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amey
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2005 10:37:54 AM »

I'm in.  Will post pictures and count soon - have not read entire thread yet.  There is a large box of yarn coming this week (I have plans for about half of it  Embarrassed ), and then I'md done shopping.

I suppose that means I should put the patternworks catalog in the recycle bin...

~amey

coming back to edit:

A. the yarn in storage adds up to 110 skeins and roughly 10 kilos (9955g).

B.  Does anyone know anything about journalling with Live Journal?  Can I not get those nice layouts like the blogger people have?  I'm so blog useless....  I'm here if anyone wants to clue me in: http://www.livejournal.com/users/knittingsheeple/

thanks
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005 02:49:56 PM by amey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mols

The Holy Grail - of sorts . . . .

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2005 07:07:58 AM »

swampy - you say that's been posted somewhere before - can you share where?

I've been reading this thread from afar.  Someday I may have to join, but at this moment - I'm kinda doing the opposite - intionally enlarging my stash (you see - i'm moving and don't know that i'll have easy access to affordable yarn stores)

Anyhow - I don't know if this is appropriate to propose - if not - let me know and i'll delete it - But since you all are trying to reduce your yarn stashes . . . . and i need to get rid of some other finished craft stuff for moving purposes . .. .

If anyone wants to trade - I dont' want cheap acrylic - but anything a bit nicer perhaps.  I have handmade handbags and sculptured candles (not just poured in a jar) for trade.  The quality is good.  the economy just sucks for craft/art shows - and i'm obviously not a very good saleperson.  pm me if you're interested?  here are some sample pics:
http://jeni.voosten.com/artshow2004/artshow2004.html
http://jeni.voosten.com/artshow2004/artshow2004(2).html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An eye for and eye leaves the whole world blind.
Annkari
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2005 03:57:33 AM »

Welcome amey!

Your post motivated me to finally get a livejournal page, and I joined the webring:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/annkari/

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the layout question -- I think you need to have a paid account to change more than the colours or choose between the available styles.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

virtual_amber
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2005 03:40:48 PM »

I applied for membership as well.  I haven't bought any yarn in about 2 weeks but that's pretty good for me.  So now I'm going to use up what I have until it's all gone or I pay off my credit card.  Which ever happens first.  I have yarn for about 8 sweaters in my stash and enough for a dozen scarves.  So if I'm not buying yarn but using what I have does that make me a cotton or wool member?  I'll take a photo of my stash and post it on my blog.... nothing quite like public humiliation.  Undecided

-Amber
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Horse Power
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2005 04:32:04 AM »

Welcome, Virtual_Amber! Smiley

OK, say you told me so: I should not have bought that skein of Red Heart. I don't know why but this particular skein is so scratchy it's unusable for the purpose I bought it for. I don't remember RH being this scratchy before  Huh  but I guess it's been awhile. (The Caron Simply Soft already in my stash was just as cheap and soooooooo much softer.) Oh, well, I bought it, now I will use it, I just don't know what for. Sachets or trim or something. Hmm. Maybe one of those cute bunnies from Bespectacled's thread.  Grin

I've used up a ton of stash yarn, though, so I'm still keeping my "Cotton" button.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annkari
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2005 04:56:17 AM »

I've upgraded myself to a wool member because I finished four projects this week and I've used up 10% of my stash already! Yay!

I'm starting knitty's Tychus today:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATTtychus.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add titles in Premiere Pro CS4
How to Make an Animated Emoticon with Adobe Photoshop
How to Outline your Fonts in Illustrator
How to Embed Images into Adobe Illustrator CS
Split Toning in Photoshop - Video Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...