A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnholic Seeking to Start a Support Group  (Read 27051 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yahaira
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2005 08:27:42 AM »

who knew our little group would have such effects around the world?!

I would love to meet everyone in this group, but them? hmmm  maybe if I run into them in an alley and I have no where to go and I already made some sort of eye contact so it would be too late to run away  Roll Eyes

haha maybe ill get flamed for that now oh well

is latch hooking insane?  when I lived in Savannah there used to be a store called the hooker or the hookah that was listed as a yarn store but I could never find.  anyway their listing said they were more geared towards latch hooking, but I never got to see it what it was all about.  why am i bringing this up? cause i just like saying the hooker or the hookah in polite company Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2005 04:16:11 PM »

That is hilarious (and not a little bit irritating really). 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Horse Power
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2005 04:45:03 AM »

OK, gals, count me in.
I got overwhelmed trying to get it all in one shot, so it's mostly all there, just not all visible. I'm not ready to make a list yet, though.

Oh, I did forget one thing: the sock yarn - I've got 4 skeins of that, for one pair in progress (very slow progress... first one ever) and another potential pair if I figure out the first pair. Notice I went ahead and bought yarn for the second pair without knowing if I would be able to figure out or even like making socks. It was the 'justifying shipping' thing. And pure enthusiasm.

Having read your thread has already kept me from purchasing yarn several times, just wanted you to know. I'm trying to look at it as a craft challenge, to find patterns to match the yarn I already have, and to figure out which yarns I already have would look good in patterns I want to try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vysews
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2005 05:04:04 AM »

Welcome, HorsePower!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2005 09:03:19 AM »

Welcome Horse Power! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who buys more to justify shipping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LissaL221

I believe in angels!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2005 09:13:56 AM »

LOL, I just came across this.  I have to tell you that I just moved and oh my godddddddddd, my yarn stash is ridiculous!!!!,  I have those big plastic storage bins, and there are like 5 of those full, plus two plastic zipper bag things, you know the kind "bed in a bag"s come in?  All are packed to bursting, plus a shopping bag full.  I have nowhere to put it all in my new place.  Yikes.  Lol, and whenever I make something new I tend to buy moreeeeee.  I need a support group, counselling, something.  I'm definitely addicted.  I buy new yarn because it's soft, or pretty, or interesting.  Than hurry to put it away so I won't get yelled at for buying more.   Glad I'm not alone.  I seriously would not be able to get all my yarn in one picture, probably not even in two.  And that's not including all the other little craft supplies that I tend to stock up on, like drawers and binders busting full of patterns. 

LOL, I might be hopeless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xoxo
me
Keridiana
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2005 10:58:54 AM »

I'm trying to look at it as a craft challenge, to find patterns to match the yarn I already have, and to figure out which yarns I already have would look good in patterns I want to try.

I think that is an excellent way to look at it.  Really, truly, filling out the Yarn Inventory with the column for Potential Projects is actually FUN.  It mimics the joy of being in the yarn store, except you ARE the yarn store.  Also, organizing your yarn all pretty (I think Yahaira's shelf is an excellent example, but I have too much to do that and so I have it all stuffed in this huge plastic drawer bin thingie) would make you feel like you are shopping in your own home.  Wouldn't that help delay the urge to visit a yarn store?  I think I'm going to try to figure out a way to do that for my ridiculous yarn stash as well.  Maybe today... instead of the many things I have to do.  It'll be like owning a yarn store.  I have so much, I may as well invite people into my den to browse!

LOL, I might be hopeless.

You're not hopeless until you give up.  To borrow and paraphrase Barbara Kingsolver:  The best thing you can do is life is figure out what you hope for and live inside that hope.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yahaira
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2005 02:18:36 PM »

just wanted to let you guys know that we got two new members in our little ring (woohoo!), I added some new buttons (inspired by Vy's) on our homepage, and I started linking to some patterns for stashbusting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
Horse Power
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2005 04:23:07 PM »

You all are really making me want to start a blog....

I emptied out a 3-drawer plastic unit from another room and dedicated it to yarn storage. I was almost able to stuff it all in there. I think once I get it down to where everything fits comfortably in the unit that will be my guideline for later purchases. If I know I can't fit a new purchase into the bin, I won't buy it 'til there's room.

I, too, was wondering if this thread covered obsessive collecting of patterns.  Some days I print things out faster than I can file.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vysews
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2005 07:37:03 PM »

Horsepower, in the interest of having more space for yarn and less for patterns, you can consider just saving those free patterns on your computer rather than printing them out :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn to Play the G Major Scale in Violin
Keeping Elbow Still When Playing Violin
How it Felt to Butcher a 700 Pound Steer
Introduction to Vibrato on Violin
Vibrato Exercise on the Violin - Sound Waves
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...