A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnholic Seeking to Start a Support Group  (Read 27429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Keridiana
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2005 09:45:20 AM »

Y - Why can't I see the pic? Is it in a particular album?

Have you been lining your purses? I haven't yet. It's my summer project to learn how to sew on a zipper via craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yahaira
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2005 09:56:06 AM »

you cant see it here or on the blog?

i havent lined them yet, thats the next thing i have to learn.

here it is:

http://photos9.flickr.com/15473151_831d426a2b_m.jpg
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011 02:43:56 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
Keridiana
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2005 10:18:21 AM »

Aw it looks so neat.  I have to clean up again -- as I've been 'busting' I just pull stuff out and leave the skeins half-hanging out, with all the drawers ajar.  Maybe I need a cabinet with shelving like all of you.  So when I open the door, all the skeins tumble out and bury me and I die the death that I deserve: death by yarn avalanche.

ps that red yarn up there looks enticing....is that from your Team Z hat?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yahaira
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2005 10:23:19 AM »

yep Smiley 
the one on the right is ggh goa and the one all the way to the left is sugar n cream

heres the inventory of sorts...it really woke me up when i saw it all there
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005 11:58:56 AM by yahaira » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
vysews
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2005 12:04:10 PM »

Has anyone worked on buttons yet? I'll probably have some time this weekend if no one has done it yet. I was thinking they would say

Y.A.R.N. _____ member, where ____ is the "class" you are--acrylic, wool, or even cashmere etc!

Y.A.R.N. = Yarn-Aholics Recovery Network

What do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yahaira
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2005 12:06:46 PM »

i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
midnightsky1686
Midnightsky Fibers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2005 08:50:44 PM »

I just got rid of upwards of 3lbs of wool. and a grocery bag of hats and scarves i would vener wear (those went to the box at the local hospital in the waiting area for cancer patients). Yay- i can see my floor again!

As i was going through though i did notice yarn i would never use- ie love the color, fiber content isnt right, texture isnt what i wasnt, or just plain not enough of it, w/e. I was wondering if other people had a bunch of the yarn that is the same? 

I know i can keep from gettig new yarn if i trade/swap some of my yarn with other people-  i clear out stash, both get something they want, and  i dont feel like  i need to buy a ton of new stuff (liek what normally happens) since im happy w my skein or two of "new" yarn.  (and then i can always trade it again if i dont like it, dont feel obligated  to let it sit around).

I think it would be kinda cool if we could set up a swap (in lj maybe, like knititng_swap) that is geared towards people trying to destash some stuff- we can only get something if we trade something to get it etc  (so while we could link to pages that we are selling stuff on, in the actual community you cant buy the yarn).

(a swap community) Might be useful to have a points system too...instead of how long youve been successful, have it so that everytime you BUY yarn you give yourself a point per skein.  You then should try and swap away that nember of skeins OR MORE so that your stash doesnt get any biigger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnightsky Fibers
Naturally Dyed Textiles
Blog
Yarns and Fibers Handmade in the Pacific NW
Keridiana
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2005 08:03:10 AM »

I think you can use Craftster's swap system on their classifieds. That way you aren't limited to just people who like Y.U.!

Y.A.R.N. -- I like that second one a lot!  Good thinking!  I'm way tied up. Vysews, it's so your job now -- you have officiallly volunteered yourself!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2005 01:03:51 PM »

I would love to do a swap, although I don't think anyone...seriously ANYONE would want any of my cheap acrylic yarn.....

I realized that I have been in complete denial about my addiction, I opened up my little cabinet that houses my yarn....and balls came rolling out. It's pretty bad, much worse than I expected. I'm too scared to count. I will try and get an inventory soon.

My main problem is that I have so many little balls of ugly stuff.....I think I will do some "magic ball" crocheting, and make a huge disgustingly ugly blanket out of all my odds and ends.

I also bought some sport weight wool a while back, that I don't know what do do with, it was on sale of course. I like the colors, but don't have any projects in mind, any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2005 03:34:53 PM »

The Knitpicks catalog came in the mail today. I think I'm screwed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Direct Actors
How to Digitize Super 8mm
How to Edit Your First Movie
How to Shoot Your First Movie
How to Make Your First Movie: Using Proper Gear
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...