A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,506
Currently Running With Scissors:
351 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnholic Seeking to Start a Support Group  (Read 27408 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Keridiana
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2005 12:37:52 PM »

The problem with allocating yarn to charity knitting is that it requires the commitment to put aside all your own personal projects (for real).  Unless you don't work and all you do is knit all day.  I say it's a problem in the sense that I have been allocating for some time and I have not followed through properly.  I made some doggie blankets -- actually about 6, including one HUGE one -- but I have still to seam in all the ends (soooo many) and donate them.  They are now sitting still in my garage, not counting as yarn stash, but not being productive either. 

Sigh. Must put higher on to-do list.  Double guilt.

ps wouldn't it be sad and yet funny if Sandra is getting the bags of acrylic from Tinygoatstacker?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Horse Power
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2005 05:16:47 AM »

Cheesy LOL!!! At least she got hers for free.

I just bought four skeins of something I will not discuss. Let's just say it was something that I really wanted and will use and it was on sale. And it was a holiday.  Did I mention it was on sale?

Also picked up a skein of multi-colored Red Heart because I've been using the acrylic in my stash (Snuggle blankets, too, Sandra!) and it is all beige and white and brown so I needed some festive colors to jazz things up a bit.

In the Stash Management Dept.: I rounded up enough from the storage bin to make Clapotis II out of two different colors of sock yarn. I'm doublestranding it, too, so going through it twice as fast. I am so happy I found a use for this besides socks, I've discovered that the tiny little dpns and tiny little stitches of sockmaking are just not my thing.  Although since it is two colors, I may need to unify it with some kind of trim. Of course I want to go buy fancy beaded trim, but I will use fringe. It's free and will USE UP MORE YARN.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annkari
« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2005 10:45:56 AM »

Oh, great! It's only July and our LYS is already throwing out the summer yarns and getting so many beautiful new fall/ winter yarns ... and I have to sit in the middle of all the beauty and sell it to other people twice weekly! *sigh*

But I've been strong (so far)  and haven't bought anything new. I've also finished a pair of socks for my Mom and a sweater for myself that just needs to be sewn together now. That still leaves me with 69 of my original 80 skeins ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yahaira
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2005 11:16:52 AM »

you're getting there annkari, be stong!

I just got an email from my lys telling me of some incredible sale that only  lasts a few days...why did they send it to me?!  But I'll just have to ignore it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
Annkari
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2005 12:23:36 PM »

I finished a pair of socks! Another 1.5 skeins gone, yay!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/uploads/22577/ringelsocken_blaugruen_xs.jpg

And I'm teaching hubby how to knit, so he can work on that stash, too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PpCakes
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2005 01:22:37 PM »

make me socks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
Annkari
« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2005 02:36:38 PM »

PpCakes: I would, but you can't afford it.  Grin

Seriously, shipping socks to the US is around 8. And I've decided not to do anything crafty on request anymore, because then I start feeling pressured to do it and can't enjoy doing it anymore. I still make things for others, but then they are surprise gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keridiana
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2005 02:57:55 PM »

No new yarn since my last infractions!  But no new knitting either. So that puts me in stasis. What YU button should I get?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swampy
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2005 03:33:34 PM »

this project has been posted before, but here it is again....i imagine it would be a stash buster.  lots of different colors and little stripes would be cool.  it's a lionbrand pattern...and except for the beginning, could be used for someone who is new to knitting.   

not that i should be posting about stash-busting.  my husband commented today that he's found yarn in EVERY room in our house.  i need to inventory, and i will not buy any more (after the 3 skeins i have that are on order)...lol....

« Last Edit: July 09, 2005 03:44:00 PM by swampy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
yahaira
« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2005 03:47:55 PM »

I think you are at the cotton stage of the program keridiana.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make White Coconut Curry with Tempeh Part 2/3
How to Make White Coconut Curry with Tempeh Part 1/3
Rice Cracker Crusted Tuna Appetizer Recipe
How to Make Miso Soup
How to Make a Diet Oriental Salad Dressing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...