A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnholic Seeking to Start a Support Group  (Read 27236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2005 04:49:16 PM »

I'm using a ball of Knitpicks (that I ordered forever ago) to make a pair of armwarmers. Just in time for summer.
I'm headed to South Carolina this weekend- and that means 30 hours (roundtrip) of driving.  But only 1/3 of it will be done by me.  The rest will be filled with knitting & reading cheesy novels. 
My stash is mostly acrylic, too.  The majority of it came free.  I don't really have much money tied up in my stash (I have very few "nice" yarns that I actually purchased). 
Littleone, I've thought about making blankets for animal shelters.  Maybe you could use up some of your ugly acrylic that way.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
yahaira
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2005 04:49:42 PM »

we can use craftster for swapping or the yu blog as well..its too complicated if there is yet another site to go to.

hmm i havent gotten my knitpicks catalogue in a while, just look at it and then put it away, hide it!

littleone how much of the sport weight yarn do you have so i can think of a project for you.  im making a bias tank right now with microspun which is sport, maybe you can do a wool version of it?  or double it and make a shrug or a boobholder?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
vysews
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2005 05:08:09 PM »

Okay, I've put up a button for the ring on my website. Let me know what you think--colors, design, etc. I'll keep working on it, and when most of us are reasonably happy with it, I'll send it on to Yahaira (you'll need to send me your email, Yahaira because I can't figure out how to send you an attachment otherwise)

http://soknitpicky.myblogsite.com/blog
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keridiana
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2005 05:55:50 PM »

Wow, thanks vysews!

I see a button for acrylics - do you really deserve acrylic? If you take acrylic, I'll really have to be Greasy Matted Yarn of Unknown Material. Sad

The shades of teal are nice! Will the other buttons be different shades?  I like the spherical design thing. But will it fit just as well if it's "cashmere" or "wool" or "alpaca"? Smiley

What do you think of adding a little period after each of Y.A.R.N., so your clever wording is more obvious?

Like,
Y.arn
A.holics
R.ecovery
N.etwork?

Or is that too redundant?

EDIT: if writing 'cashmere' on the sphere is untenable, how about a background of a tangly, colorful mess of yarn, but lightened, so the words can fit across it w/o obstruction?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005 06:18:43 PM by Keridiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged
vysews
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2005 06:18:02 PM »

Thanks, Keridiana. Those are good suggestions--I'll keep working on it. In honesty, I think I deserve maybe a cotton or wool since I haven't bought anything and am actually decreasing my stash. Yeah! I returned some stuff to Elann today, and I plan to donate some stuff away that I know I'll never use. I was going to post some stuff for sale/trade this weekend. So I'm making progress!

I was going to do the following buttons... I figured it's best to keep the rules simple since it's just for fun anyway, and we can post the "definitions" on the ring blog. Something like

Acrylic--I'm working on it!
Cotton--keeping my stash stable
Wool--wittling down my stash
Alpaca--I've got yarn for no more than 3 planned projects on hand
Cashmere--I've only got the yarn for the project I'm currently working on
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yahaira
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2005 06:24:49 PM »

hrm for some reason i cant get on your site...but i love the different levels! this is going to be fun Smiley

i think im at wool now woohoo!  i almost went and bought some yarn but i stopped myself  Grin

oh my email is yahaira at gmail dot com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
Keridiana
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2005 06:40:59 PM »

Yes, vysews, you should definitely be cotton or wool so that I can at least be at acrylic after my Elann fracas. If I keep whittling and don't buy anything more, and can manage to inch to 100 balls/skeins, I can get an acrylic-cotton blend or something! Wink not to complicate your system.  I like your levels, they are perfect! Don't need to get too depressed -- the response may be to throw one's hands up in the air and give it all up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vysews
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2005 07:14:38 PM »

Okay, well, I've gone and promoted myself to wool!!  Wink

Yahaira, I just emailed you some gif's. I'll work on shorter gif's in a different format this weekend. For some reason, the blog couldn't be accessed a little while ago, but it's back now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PpCakes
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2005 07:32:46 PM »

I, christine, have a yarn addiction problem and I want to stop it.
i have about 20 skeins in my room, i know there are plenty more in the closet downstairs in the downstairs closet, i ususally know where to find what im looking for though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
Keridiana
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2005 07:35:10 PM »

Welcome Ppcakes!  Join the webring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Adjust Sports Photos Using Curves
How to Customize Your Template Design
How to Create a Quick Poster Part 1
How to Create a Quick Poster Part 2
Learn how to change the background
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...