A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,322
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kreate-A-Lope! Anthropologie Catalog Becomes Envelopes  (Read 2566 times)
Tags for this thread: envelope  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nikschaf
« on: February 24, 2010 12:59:52 PM »

I was totally inspired by this post:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334398.0

My problem was I needed a super simple way to make envelopes.  I wasn't going to do a bunch of tracing and cutting.  I found the coolest tool ever!  It's called the Kreate-A-Lope -- it's an envelope template you can use, and you don't even have to use scissors, just rip along the template.  Here's a video of the product in action:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKO2jkSxaI4  (And no, I'm not affiliated with the manufacturer -- I just really liked this thing.)

I've been on an envelope making spree.  I made a bunch from an Anthropologie catalog.  They're A2 sized envelopes.  To round out the gift, I cut some 8.5 x 11 chipboard into fourths to make some little notecards to insert in the envelopes, and some blank white address labels in case she wants to mail them.  I also put lick and stick glue on the flaps, so she can lick the envelopes like regular envelopes.

Now, on to the pics:

Here are a few of my favorites:

This is the whole bundled tied with a ribbon next to the Kreate-A-Lope template:

Here's the whole shebang all laid out.  I showed the backs of some of them in the photo, because I like how the inside of the envelopes contrasted with the exterior:

My friend really liked her gift!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mimi055
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010 05:19:17 AM »

I have those templates and they are so much fun!!! You can make envelopes with so many different items.  Great job and I am sure your friend will enjoy using these!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mAsQuErAdInG aS A nOrMaL pErSoN eVeRyDaY iS eXhAuStInG!!!
nikschaf
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010 02:33:58 PM »

Thanks! Yay -- another Kreate-A-Lope fan!  I just love that you don't need scissors with it!  I really like the slightly rough edge on these recycled envelopes.

I think my next project will be a set made out of old Paris maps for a friend I met on a study-abroad trip to France. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Pistola
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010 09:51:40 PM »

I'm so loving this! Although I couldn't bring myself to buy a gadget that just makes envelopes!!! But still, the whole catalog idea: There are so many beautiful catalogs I just can't bear to throw out! So now I don't have to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
nikschaf
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010 03:06:57 PM »

Thank you!!

I'm not a real gadget-buying person myself, but this was super inexpensive.  I think it was $4.99 plus shipping.  I've already used it to make gifts for 3 people, and lots of envelopes for myself, so I figure it's paid for itself already.  Letters are so much more fun to mail when I use fun envelopes!

It is a fun way to use really lovely catalogs.  I've also liked using some pretty magazines and old tourism brochures from trips I've taken in the past.  At first I felt bad about ripping brochures and catalogs apart, but it is really fun to use them in a new way, and they were just sitting in a drawer collecting dust anyway.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lacey0828
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010 09:52:38 PM »

Wow, that is so awesome. I can totally see why you love it so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Charles Kipps Talks About Crystal Death
Meet Author Simon Doonan
Ian Black and Peter Brown Talk About The Purple Kangaroo
Free Agent Book Trailer
Doug Magee Talks About Never Wave Goodbye
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...