A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amigurumi feet (that look like feet) ?  (Read 6954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shadesofme
« on: January 10, 2010 03:18:18 AM »

How do you make feet that actually resemble feet? No toes necessary, just a general, non-shoed foot shape? This has been driving me nuts *forever* and I can't figure it out. My ami's just wind up having long tubes for feet. I've tried everything (or so it seems) and I've been stuck on this for months. I have this great ami Idea, but everytime i get to the feet, it never turns out.

Help please!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shadesofme
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010 04:21:26 PM »

No ideas at all? Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shadesofme
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010 07:57:59 PM »

I'm just looking for a general foot-shape. The character i'm making needs to be barefoot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
earless owl
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010 01:40:04 PM »

What is the size of your amigurumi? And do you have pictures?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shadesofme
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010 05:11:05 PM »

My camera is broken, so I can't post pics yet. I have the arms and the head. He'd be pretty large.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010 05:10:51 AM »

Sorry bout the silence - I have been neglecting my crochet discussion board!

Feet are always fun for me - It all depends on the size and kind of stuffie as to what kind of feet you make.
When I designed my penguin for Caron I opted to make flipper like feet (and after that pattern was a free pattern pull penguins with similar feet started popping up everywhere online) and for my Buster Bunny (free on my site) I opted to do something more fitting of a bunny and gave him more of a toed or shoed appearance.  Just two examples.  I design the feet to go with the creature every time... I don't use the same foot for all my patterns since that would just not do at all lol  You can't have penguin feet on a dinosaur... okay... there might be a few instances here or there but I'm not thinking off hand of a dino that had duck or penguin feet.

It really depends on the size and kind of stuffie you are making
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Shadesofme
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010 10:09:44 PM »

what about human feet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010 04:26:23 AM »

Do you want it to have toes or not?  For human feet I tend to go with more of a bootie look unless there are toes involved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010 02:35:55 PM »

what about using a sock pattern and maybe adding toes (tubes, crocheted in the circle) instead of the first few regular rows?
maybe for baby socks

probably there's even patterns/tutorials for these socks with toes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shadesofme
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010 04:05:36 PM »

I'm not so fond of the bootie look.  Baby socks might work.  The toe Idea sounds interesting, too. I actually rather like it.
I might try out the baby sock thing.any other ideas?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010 04:10:03 PM by Shadesofme » THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss paparazzi
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010 07:31:07 PM »

Hi! When i make feet for my dolls, i make a circle a little bigger than i want the leg to be, crochet a row or two depended on how big you want the foot, and then start decreasing for a few stitches, next row decrease some more but make sure you keep the decreases on the same side, that will shape the foot part, when you get to the size you want the leg to be, keep crocheting until the leg is long enough. does that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shadesofme
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010 12:10:43 AM »

Yep. I'm going to try that out too. i've been crocheting up a storm of different types, and none look right. I even made ones that look like penguine flippers with human legs. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010 04:02:17 AM »

That sounds like the bootie style foot I was talking about earlier.
I'm sure you will come up with something that looks just right.  It took me 4 hours to design the mouth applique for the last creature I designed... just for the mouth alone.  I knew what I wanted and I did it again and again until I found exactly what I was looking for.

Put it down for a few days, do something else and it will come to you in a moment of clarity.  That always works for me - when it doubt, put it down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Shadesofme
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010 10:32:11 PM »

That sounds like the bootie style foot I was talking about earlier.
I'm sure you will come up with something that looks just right.  It took me 4 hours to design the mouth applique for the last creature I designed... just for the mouth alone.  I knew what I wanted and I did it again and again until I found exactly what I was looking for.

Put it down for a few days, do something else and it will come to you in a moment of clarity.  That always works for me - when it doubt, put it down.

Exactly. Last Ami I made was an elephant. I knew just how I wanted the body, but it just never turned out right. everything else looked great, just the body drove me nuts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLittleLady
CraftyLittleLady

I heart crafts!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010 11:36:53 AM »

sounds confusing. hope to help you out but i am having the same problems
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I'm not making crafts, I'm dreaming them up!
danger.kitty
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010 08:14:42 PM »

What about doing the regular bootie type thing and using embroidery thread to sew toes?  Kinda like what they do on Cabbage Patch dolls...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
nerdigurumi
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010 08:03:44 PM »

You could do a basic tube, like a sausage shape, that flares out a bit at the end, gets a bit wider, separate from the leg, under stuff it so it is sort of rather flat, then stitch lines in at the end to add definition to the toes, because when you look at a human foot, the toes are usually sor5t of all touching and laying there clumped together right? So five separate sausages might look weird.  Then attach it to the end of the leg...

I have fiddled around hopelessly trying to find ways to make 90 degree angles in continuous Amigurumi, like for elbows and whatnot, and came to the conclusion that there is no solution, not in my feeble brain anyway.  Often though, two separate pieces stitched together work out really well.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nerdy Amigurumi Crochet Patterns tons of free ones, videogame guys, anime and other wienerish endeavors.
danger.kitty
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010 09:06:04 PM »

You could do a basic tube, like a sausage shape, that flares out a bit at the end, gets a bit wider, separate from the leg, under stuff it so it is sort of rather flat, then stitch lines in at the end to add definition to the toes, because when you look at a human foot, the toes are usually sor5t of all touching and laying there clumped together right? So five separate sausages might look weird.  Then attach it to the end of the leg...
this is what I meant, nerdigurumi  explained it much better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Red Eye Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Correct Red Eye
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Select Color Ranges in Hue/Saturation
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Specify Colors in Hue/Saturation
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Modify Colors with Hue/Saturation
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...