A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,120
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pattern Confusion - Help Please  (Read 360 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Angelicus
« on: January 09, 2010 02:31:12 PM »

Ok, so I'm making this pattern -http://angelscrochet.com/patterns/lacyscalloppat.php - as a (very) last minute present and I think my brains got frazzeled in the rush Cheesy So I'm getting confused with a couple of lines in particular:

Rnd 6: ch 4, dc in same st as joining, sk next 2 st, (*dc, ch 1, dc in next st*, sk next 2 st) around, sl st in 3rd ch of starting ch-4. (20 dc, ch 1, dc st)

Rnd 7-11: sl st into ch-1 sp, ch 4, dc in same sp, *dc, ch 1, dc* in each ch-1 sp around, sl st in 3rd ch of starting ch-4. (20 dc, ch 1, dc st)

I'd done line 6 and thought I'd done it wrong but then looked at rnd 7 and got very confused Cheesy For rnd 6 I did all the first bit and then just repeated all the stuff in the bracket all the way around. And then I looked at the end bracket - is that telling me that I am supposed to have 20dc all the way around, because I have about 40 Cheesy Or is it telling me more stuff that I'm supposed to do - and if it is where am I supposed to be doing it. Huh

Anyway i thought I'd leave the mystery of rnd 6 and go straight on to rnd 7 - more confusion occurs! Its all crochet to me Shocked I'm sure its very simple but...ack i donno what its asking me to do.

As I'm sure you can tell I'm fairly new to this crocheting malarky and I think I have just confused myself by over thinking  ::)If anyone could just give me a little bit of translation I could probably work it out. Thanks in advance, Hannah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
kirsa
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010 11:31:54 AM »

I think what it's trying to say at the end of round 6 is that you ought to have 20 of the "dc, ch 1, dc" groups, which would be 40 dc in total, so I think you probably did it correctly.

For round 7, you slip stitch into the first ch1 space from round 6, then chain 4, and then do a double crochet into that same ch1 space, which will create a loopy vaguely triangular bit.  Then you go to the next ch1 space from round 6 and do the group of *dc, ch1, dc* all in that same ch1 space.  Repeat that around for all the ch1 spaces from round 6, then join as instructed.  And then, again, you will end up with 20 groups of *dc, ch1, dc*, so 40 dc total in the round.

I hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Quilting
The Art of Pen Turning
A Lesson in Paper Cutting
How to Make Paper Cutting Art
The Art of Paper Cutting
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...