A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 Garden-a-long?  (Read 8746 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2010 12:34:10 PM »

Man, finally got a chance to upload some recent pics.  They're from about a week ago, so the snowpeas are a little taller now.

Anyone know what these bulb flowers are called?

Close up of one of our rosemaries.  This one is "BBQ" ... I'm sure it's got another name, but it was bread to have longish branches that can be used for bbq skewers. 

Snow peas growing on the fence in the front yard, in between my neighbors house and my own.  Actually, all these photos are from the front, so far.

Blueberry plant.  We have two.  Top hat (I think) and Blue... Blue something or other, it's one does pretty well on it's own, but better with another blueberry bush.

Part of our lettuce/spinach/onion bed.  I have alternating, crooked rows.

Tilly on her soapbox.  She's a bit unhappy in this picture:

The newest addition to the H_pets household, the cause of Tilly's distress:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2010 01:19:07 PM »

Nice looking garden.  I like how you caught the bee on the rosemary, there.

I need to go out and get a few pictures.  My garlic and onions are out of control.  The strawberries are doing well, and the tomatoes are coming along.  We also have tiny lettuce.  Haven't seen anything else coming up yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2010 06:19:28 PM »

I finally uploaded the pictures of my porch garden! Smiley

My tomatoes (yellow boy on the left, riesentraube next to it), a sickly looking lettuce, and some dying rosemary (seriously, I can't grow it.  Ever.)

Thai Striped White Eggplant, basil, basil, basil:

Soapwort (going to see if I can make my own shampoo when I harvest) and sage:

Garlic and beans (either Blue Lake Bush or golden wax - I forget what I put where ...)

More Thai striped white eggplant:

Sugar Snap Snow peas and the other beans:

There's also a hanging basket of parsley (with a volunteer basil that must have dropped last summer when the basil bolted) and a window box of basil and cilantro. 

I also have a pair of mourning doves nesting on my porch (they evicted the barn swallows who were here last year and who had already made a nest for this year).  I'm hoping that the barn swallows conveyed our understanding to the doves - I don't mess with them and they don't divebomb me. Cheesy  So far, so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2010 07:43:38 AM »

looks great Smiley i should have grown some peas this year, darn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
pinokeeo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2010 05:55:50 PM »

Ok, I finally got my garden in.

Here's the link.  I wanted to give it its own post.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349086.new#new
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2010 01:11:12 AM »

pinokeeo, that looks great!  your garlic = awesome.
will you tell me how the cherokee purple does?  i've wanted to try that tomato but just haven't yet.
kaz, i've got a yellow boy tomato too.  I'm weaning it to be outside.  It's going to go into the ground eventually.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
pinokeeo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2010 06:02:54 AM »

I'll keep you posted on the cherokee purple.  I also have a pineapple tomato that I'm trying for the first time, so it should be an interesting year for tomatoes.

So far, the only tomato that I haven't really liked, other than romas, is a german pink.  They are far too delicate for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

montyfull
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2010 02:30:38 PM »

Hi Smiley  I planted my first garden this year and though I would post pictures!  I'm a complete novice at gardening, but have been wanting a veggie garden forever. So far, so good...but we'll see when harvest time comes! The link below takes you to my blog post with tooooonnnss of photos and descriptions. Let me know what you think Smiley

http://istartfromscratch.blogspot.com/2010/06/introducing-garden.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Everything in moderation...even moderation. ~

my wists: http://www.wists.com/montyfull
I'm open for personal swaps!!
dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2010 05:05:08 PM »

really pretty! i love that trellised plant above the outdoor seating, are those grapes also? its very neat looking!

here are my updated pictures of the garden! freshly weeded, they were a bit overgrown thanks to the copious amounts of rain/thunderstorms weve been getting! it was fun weeding for once since the ground was so nice and soft, easy-peasy and gave me a chance to get to know my plants better since theyve gotten enormous. (come on, like im the only person who talks to my plants....?  Cheesy)

the whole thing, from the front....if you look at my older photos its kind of funny what difference a month makes!

onions, beans, romaine lettuce. im proud of these as i grew the from seed/bulb and they came up great. i need to trellis the beans though, working on that next....trying to think of a low-budget solution for that one, i honestly didnt even think they would grow so i didnt plan ahead >.< they are desperately grabbing onto everything including my onion grasses and eachother! Tongue haha

these are the peppers, habaneros and jalapenos. we have a baby jalapeno and a bunch of habenero buds, eep! in the back we have zucchini and broccoli which have gotten holy-crap-huge, i had no idea they would get as big as they are, otherwise i would have given them more room! i guess ill know for next time, for this year ill just try to train the zucchini to trail towards the fence, haha. as for the brocolli i have no idea what to expect! its a fun experiment.

i had to include this picture because i thought it was cute. and notice how hazy it is? while i do have a crappy camera that haze = humidity, no joke. its awful. but the plants love it.

this is a crappy picture of the herbs, sorry! they are doing fabulous. sweet basil has all but died off, not sure why...im not too upset over it though because i have regular basil also and sweet basil was a part of the deal they had going on at the nursery so i just took one also.

i cant wait to see more of your gardens also! sorry i went into far too much detail im just excited!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2010 06:30:03 PM »

Can I play???

We started our garden this year after living in the house for two summers. We decided to start from seeds indoors... I think next year we will just wait until Derby season (last two weeks of April to the rest of the world  Cheesy) and just start the seeds outdoors... Much easier and yields better results I think!

A shot of the whole garden

The cucumbers are kicking tookus and taking names!

The pepper plants (jalapenos, gigante jalapenos, and assorted others)

The green beans....

My tomatoes are crazy big!
We got four different types of heirloom (black prince, rose, german lunchbox, and.... I forgot the fourth type)

This is the biggest tomato, the size of my fist! It is a rose tomato

Broccolis!

And our squash plants... The one is so sad, it was a seed started indoors, the rocking one started outside and looks awesome!

We just started kale, onions and are starting our pumpkins this week.... I can't wait for the pumpkins so wish me luck that they take!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Brighten Tired Eyes Instantly with Makeup
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 Review
Banana Boat Sport Performance CoolZone Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 Review
Neutrogena Beach Defense Water + Sun Barrier Spray SPF 70 Review
CeraVe Sunscreen SPF 50 For Face Review
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...